I have little white spots on the back of my iPhone 5s, what could they be?

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have little white spots on the back of my space grey iPhone 5s, what could they be and how can I get rid of them if possible? They are on the aluminium part of the back.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issue!

I have a space gray 5s and I haven't noticed any white spots. Take a microfiber cloth or something soft and see if they'll wipe off.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried just adding the tiniest amount of water to a cloth and rubbing it gently. I mean a tiny amount too, for obvious reasons.

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Yeah it just doesn't seem to want to move, I can't see it being a scratch as it's been in the official Apple leather case and I take it out daily to clean it and have noticed these white dots on the back near the apple logo

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I did see a back fade on an i5 before. Actually the person posted pictures on here. Not sure how it happened but it looked as if someone took sandy paper to it. Lol maybe you had something pop on it or scratched it on something.

Nope Apple won't do anything about cosmetic blemishes unless you opened it in store and saw it. Like when the i4 came out mine had a dent at the bottom and they saw it and switched it.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Did you have a case where the rubber had a weird design or dots on the inside? I know my candy shell case I used to have left a polka dot design on the back but would normally rub off with a moist wipe

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
They look like little white spots, the weird thing is sometimes you can't see them as much as other times. Usually when I clean the back of my phone with a microfibre cloth they usually show up more.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
My Otterbox Defender has left many marks on my 5S.

Are you using the Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 5 or the 5s case? the 5 case worried me but I have been using the 5s case for awhile now with no problems, fits very snug with this case

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 5 or the 5s case? the 5 case worried me but I have been using the 5s case for awhile now with no problems, fits very snug with this case

5S. Just leaves the ring around the earpiece, very discouraging.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73