If you could switch to a different phone?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I was VERY impressed with WP when I played with it for a few days. It obviously has its weak points, but the smoothness of the OS was on par with iOS. That mixed in with the camera...

I hope they keep upgrading WP and it's OS. More competition means better tech for us!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was VERY impressed with WP when I played with it for a few days. It obviously has its weak points, but the smoothness of the OS was on par with iOS. That mixed in with the camera...

I hope they keep upgrading WP and it's OS. More competition means better tech for us!

THAT is the thing that I've never understood about militant ultra fanbois. The more competition the better. I like all tech, I simply prefer iOS. But I LOVE it when others do something awesome. I can see it and appreciate it. Don't need to put it down. That's where I was at odds with fans at other places.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
THAT is the thing that I've never understood about militant ultra fanbois. The more competition the better. I like all tech, I simply prefer iOS. But I LOVE it when others do something awesome. I can see it and appreciate it. Don't need to put it down. That's where I was at odds with fans at other places.

Same here. I'm amazed at some of the features with other phones.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Im a little bit of a phone addict to. I have a IPhone 5 and a Xperia Z2 and swooping between them. Love them both but in different ways. IPhone 5 because it's a very good phone, easy to use and not so big. Z2 for the big and good looking screen and it's widgets. Battery life on Z2 is amasing. Build quality of the Z2 is also amasing.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site

Unless I am mistaken, I think the majority of those comments (on other websites) come from 13 year old kids that spend their day killing ants with magnifying glasses. I have been coming to iMore for years and years now, much different vibe here!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Unless I am mistaken, I think the majority of those comments (on other websites) come from 13 year old kids that spend their day killing ants with magnifying glasses. I have been coming to iMore for years and years now, much different vibe here!

I'd love to be able to agree on the age of those other folks, but sadly, I find that they're much older.

But I do agree that yes, the vibe here is another world, in comparison.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Of i where to switch back from iPhone, I would go Nokia 3310 because that would mean that I don't need anymore of the most advance mobile OS and all that tech specs around. Just a phone capable of making and receiving calls with some original ways of SMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407006761.030458.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407006761.030458.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 46

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I will be keeping an close eye out for what the X+1 and the Note 4 have to offer.

In the end. I will most likely stick with the iPhone 6, but it's still fun to mix things up from time to time.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The only other phones that catch my interest are Sony's Xperia models. Doubt I would ever get one because of Android, but they are sleek phones.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Of i where to switch back from iPhone, I would go Nokia 3310 because that would mean that I don't need anymore of the most advance mobile OS and all that tech specs around. Just a phone capable of making and receiving calls with some original ways of SMS.

That's funny I have to break out my bag phone and take a pic. I remember that thing, It was good if you could get 3 hours out of the battery.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure OP knows that we all generally love iOS and our Apple products. I think the question was a bit more experimental as if to say if Apple was not an option, what would you go with.

Anyway, I would probably try out the LG G3 and return it within my grace period and then go back to a BB 9930.

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I wouldn't switch again. I had a lot of android devices and the iPhone just works perfectly compared to them.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Imagine how cheap a sim only plan would be!! No data. A small amount of minutes and no texts because Texting on the 3310 was always horrible!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm at WP 8.1 update 1 at the moment, and I can say that it is not as smooth OS than ios is. Nor as snappy. It has its pros but definitely it has its cons.
Interesting to see that most of people here would switch to bigger phone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal