Lifeproof vs. Otterbox

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed^^. My Otterbox Defender has left scratches, as well as dirt that will not rub off around the top cut out near the ear piece. very, annoying.

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so just earlier I was commenting on how I love the life proof case and on my way in from work I dropped my phone in the yard and didn't find it until an hour later my dog had got a hold of it and so he loves to chew up stuff well
4y5u3a3y.jpg
y5ahytuv.jpg
here is the out come my phone is not even scratched case didn't really make it but I am definitely 100% going to get another LIFEPROOF N??D !!!!!...Sad but happy my phone is still like new had it since March

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok so just earlier I was commenting on how I love the life proof case and on my way in from work I dropped my phone in the yard and didn't find it until an hour later my dog had got a hold of it and so he loves to chew up stuff wellhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/4y5u3a3y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/y5ahytuv.jpg here is the out come my phone is not even scratched case didn't really make it but I am definitely 100% going to get another LIFEPROOF N??D !!!!!...Sad but happy my phone is still like new had it since March

Since it's the nuud, I'm surprised the screen wasn't damaged. at least scratches I would expect..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
No scratches due to the screen protector that came with it I took it off and nice shiny and smooth put on my tempered glass until I get another one I wonder if that's covered under the limited warranty

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
No scratches due to the screen protector that came with it I took it off and nice shiny and smooth put on my tempered glass until I get another one I wonder if that's covered under the limited warranty

I wasn't aware that it came with an optional screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The new OBD is sleeker than the one I have on my 5. It's made a bit different. There's no more cover over the home button for the 5s. My wife has the OBD for her 5c and it's not as bulky as mine and slips in a pocket easier. But I have no problem slipping mine into my pocket. That's just not a valid selling point for LP.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The new OBD is sleeker than the one I have on my 5. It's made a bit different. There's no more cover over the home button for the 5s. My wife has the OBD for her 5c and it's not as bulky as mine and slips in a pocket easier. But I have no problem slipping mine into my pocket. That's just not a valid selling point for LP.

What should sell lifeproof is the waterproof and dust proof technology. Two things that I am not concerned with. I'm honestly more worried about falls and drops in my line of work.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only one of the two I've ever tried was the Lifeproof (Fre)...bought it to go on a white water rafting trip and it took awful pictures after getting some moisture in the case and fogging up. I took it back and resumed just using my GoPro...I know this wasn't the question of the thread, but if anyone is looking to buy one for water sports usage, I highly suggest just going with a cheap older GoPro for $25-$30 more than a new Lifeproof case.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The only one of the two I've ever tried was the Lifeproof (Fre)...bought it to go on a white water rafting trip and it took awful pictures after getting some moisture in the case and fogging up. I took it back and resumed just using my GoPro...I know this wasn't the question of the thread, but if anyone is looking to buy one for water sports usage, I highly suggest just going with a cheap older GoPro for $25-$30 more than a new Lifeproof case.

That's really weird. I've never had any problems taking pictures with mine.

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth...my sons Lifeproof Fre recently did not protect his iphone from water damage. And it only took them 7 weeks to warranty replace them ! Yes...that's the ultimate in sarcasm and frustration.

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Another one for the defender. Wouldn't use anything else. Feels great in the hands. I've never had a problem sliding it in and out of pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's really weird. I've never had any problems taking pictures with mine.

You weren't using the same case as I was...you were using a newer version of it, one that wasn't released when I bought the Lifeproof case that I was complaining about. I mean I'm sure a lot of people have used that case as a good waterproof option on rivers/lakes/ocean, but for me, it was junk...and as soon as we hit a good set of rapids, it got soaked, and while it protected the phone from water damage, it was not water tight at all, and allowed moisture to get inside the case causing a hazing effect on the photos. This was a common complaint about the case if I remember correctly...it's been quite some time since it happened.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
You weren't using the same case as I was...you were using a newer version of it, one that wasn't released when I bought the Lifeproof case that I was complaining about. I mean I'm sure a lot of people have used that case as a good waterproof option on rivers/lakes/ocean, but for me, it was junk...and as soon as we hit a good set of rapids, it got soaked, and while it protected the phone from water damage, it was not water tight at all, and allowed moisture to get inside the case causing a hazing effect on the photos. This was a common complaint about the case if I remember correctly...it's been quite some time since it happened.

I'm sorry to hear that. It takes just as good of pictures with the case as without in my experience.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. It takes just as good of pictures with the case as without in my experience.

Have you ever tried taking pictures after the device has been fully submerged in water or has been exposed to water on the level of this next picture? That is what I'm basing my picture taking issues on and was the only reason I bought it...it takes fine pictures when it's dry in the case, but I guess I just didn't see the point of the Lifeproof case if it couldn't maintain function under conditions it said it was designed for...

WHqL5Hr.jpg

...after that happened, the best pictures I could get out of it were like this...

XQXIRAC.jpg

...and for reference, here was a picture taken just before when it was still some what dry...

WF5THO2.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner