Ok so just earlier I was commenting on how I love the life proof case and on my way in from work I dropped my phone in the yard and didn't find it until an hour later my dog had got a hold of it and so he loves to chew up stuff wellhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/4y5u3a3y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/y5ahytuv.jpg here is the out come my phone is not even scratched case didn't really make it but I am definitely 100% going to get another LIFEPROOF ND !!!!!...Sad but happy my phone is still like new had it since March
    Since it's the nuud, I'm surprised the screen wasn't damaged. at least scratches I would expect..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-30-2014 10:14 PM
    No scratches due to the screen protector that came with it I took it off and nice shiny and smooth put on my tempered glass until I get another one I wonder if that's covered under the limited warranty
    ajl likes this.
    07-30-2014 10:59 PM
    No scratches due to the screen protector that came with it I took it off and nice shiny and smooth put on my tempered glass until I get another one I wonder if that's covered under the limited warranty
    I wasn't aware that it came with an optional screen protector.

07-30-2014 11:01 PM
    Lifeproof cuz less bulky
    07-31-2014 04:21 AM
    Lifeproof cuz less bulky
    After using my galaxy s5 and coming back to my iPhone I don't even find the defender bulky anymore. I used to but now I find it fits nicely in the hand
    07-31-2014 10:16 AM
    +1 for the Lifeproof Nuud.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    07-31-2014 01:09 PM
    The new OBD is sleeker than the one I have on my 5. It's made a bit different. There's no more cover over the home button for the 5s. My wife has the OBD for her 5c and it's not as bulky as mine and slips in a pocket easier. But I have no problem slipping mine into my pocket. That's just not a valid selling point for LP.
    HAWK likes this.
    07-31-2014 01:39 PM
    The new OBD is sleeker than the one I have on my 5. It's made a bit different. There's no more cover over the home button for the 5s. My wife has the OBD for her 5c and it's not as bulky as mine and slips in a pocket easier. But I have no problem slipping mine into my pocket. That's just not a valid selling point for LP.
    What should sell lifeproof is the waterproof and dust proof technology. Two things that I am not concerned with. I'm honestly more worried about falls and drops in my line of work.
    07-31-2014 01:43 PM
    The only one of the two I've ever tried was the Lifeproof (Fre)...bought it to go on a white water rafting trip and it took awful pictures after getting some moisture in the case and fogging up. I took it back and resumed just using my GoPro...I know this wasn't the question of the thread, but if anyone is looking to buy one for water sports usage, I highly suggest just going with a cheap older GoPro for $25-$30 more than a new Lifeproof case.
    08-03-2014 10:57 PM
    The only one of the two I've ever tried was the Lifeproof (Fre)...bought it to go on a white water rafting trip and it took awful pictures after getting some moisture in the case and fogging up. I took it back and resumed just using my GoPro...I know this wasn't the question of the thread, but if anyone is looking to buy one for water sports usage, I highly suggest just going with a cheap older GoPro for $25-$30 more than a new Lifeproof case.
    That's really weird. I've never had any problems taking pictures with mine.
    08-03-2014 11:05 PM
    For what it's worth...my sons Lifeproof Fre recently did not protect his iphone from water damage. And it only took them 7 weeks to warranty replace them ! Yes...that's the ultimate in sarcasm and frustration.
    08-03-2014 11:39 PM
    Another one for the defender. Wouldn't use anything else. Feels great in the hands. I've never had a problem sliding it in and out of pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    08-04-2014 01:55 AM
    That's really weird. I've never had any problems taking pictures with mine.
    You weren't using the same case as I was...you were using a newer version of it, one that wasn't released when I bought the Lifeproof case that I was complaining about. I mean I'm sure a lot of people have used that case as a good waterproof option on rivers/lakes/ocean, but for me, it was junk...and as soon as we hit a good set of rapids, it got soaked, and while it protected the phone from water damage, it was not water tight at all, and allowed moisture to get inside the case causing a hazing effect on the photos. This was a common complaint about the case if I remember correctly...it's been quite some time since it happened.
    08-04-2014 02:16 AM
    You weren't using the same case as I was...you were using a newer version of it, one that wasn't released when I bought the Lifeproof case that I was complaining about. I mean I'm sure a lot of people have used that case as a good waterproof option on rivers/lakes/ocean, but for me, it was junk...and as soon as we hit a good set of rapids, it got soaked, and while it protected the phone from water damage, it was not water tight at all, and allowed moisture to get inside the case causing a hazing effect on the photos. This was a common complaint about the case if I remember correctly...it's been quite some time since it happened.
    I'm sorry to hear that. It takes just as good of pictures with the case as without in my experience.
    08-04-2014 05:04 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that. It takes just as good of pictures with the case as without in my experience.
    Have you ever tried taking pictures after the device has been fully submerged in water or has been exposed to water on the level of this next picture? That is what I'm basing my picture taking issues on and was the only reason I bought it...it takes fine pictures when it's dry in the case, but I guess I just didn't see the point of the Lifeproof case if it couldn't maintain function under conditions it said it was designed for...

...after that happened, the best pictures I could get out of it were like this...

...and for reference, here was a picture taken just before when it was still some what dry...

08-04-2014 11:28 AM
    Anyone notice when you remove the screen protector on the otterbox it's not as solid and has some movement?
    donemt likes this.
    08-05-2014 05:02 PM
    Have you ever tried taking pictures after the device has been fully submerged in water or has been exposed to water on the level of this next picture? That is what I'm basing my picture taking issues on and was the only reason I bought it...it takes fine pictures when it's dry in the case, but I guess I just didn't see the point of the Lifeproof case if it couldn't maintain function under conditions it said it was designed for...

http://i.imgur.com/WHqL5Hr.jpg

...after that happened, the best pictures I could get out of it were like this...

http://i.imgur.com/XQXIRAC.jpg?1

...and for reference, here was a picture taken just before when it was still some what dry...

http://i.imgur.com/WF5THO2.jpg?1
    I don't see too much of an issue there. Although there's always room for improvement. I'll post some pictures next time I take a trip underwater.
    08-05-2014 05:31 PM
    Otterbox owns FRE.

I use an Otterbox Preserver now, and have used Defenders previously. I like the Preserver, but people have trouble hearing me if i try to talk on the phone without opening the portals on the bottom of the phone. This issue seemingly has gotten worse over time. I understand this to be an issue on most waterproof cases, and i particular, with FRE cases. So I keep the bottom of the case when I am talking. I also can't use non-oem lightening cables with fat plugs.

The bottom of the Front of my case is getting a bit worn from using my thumbnail to open the portal over the charger plug. Otterbox offered to replace it under warranty, but i didn't think this a real warranty issue (i had called support about outgoing voice call quality)

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
    08-05-2014 11:29 PM
    Otterbox owns FRE.

I use an Otterbox Preserver now, and have used Defenders previously. I like the Preserver, but people have trouble hearing me if i try to talk on the phone without opening the portals on the bottom of the phone. This issue seemingly has gotten worse over time. I understand this to be an issue on most waterproof cases, and i particular, with FRE cases. So I keep the bottom of the case when I am talking. I also can't use non-oem lightening cables with fat plugs.

The bottom of the Front of my case is getting a bit worn from using my thumbnail to open the portal over the charger plug. Otterbox offered to replace it under warranty, but i didn't think this a real warranty issue (i had called support about outgoing voice call quality)

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
    I couldn't agree with the complaints on the Fre in this post anymore.
    08-06-2014 12:21 AM
    I prefer Otterbox Preserver. Better screen protector than Lifeproof.

Sent from my iOS device using iMore Forums
    Yes! I recently upgraded to this as well and love it. I returned a lifeproof because I hated the muffled sound and the removable plugs

08-06-2014 08:12 PM
    I don't see too much of an issue there. Although there's always room for improvement. I'll post some pictures next time I take a trip underwater.
    You don't see too much of an issue with major fogging in the picture quality? I mean I guess if you just don't really care if the pictures come out terribly after the case gets wet then I suppose I understand your sentiment, but to me, that's unacceptable for a case that is supposed to be water proof...it proves that while it keeps the phone safe, it's not really water PROOF, because that haze is caused by moisture (water) in the case.
    08-06-2014 09:10 PM
    I like neither.
    08-06-2014 10:49 PM
    I like neither.
    I agree. I have looked at and tried many of the rugged, waterproof cases and I can't justify paying that much money for a case that doesn't seem to work as it should.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    08-06-2014 10:59 PM
    I like neither.
    Too big and they hide the nice looking phone you spent your money on.
    08-07-2014 10:36 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that you 3 feel that way. Both cases offer features not available naked.
    08-08-2014 03:11 AM
65 123