HI all,

I have been doing some looking around, I want to make sure I have not missed anything. I have an old iPhone 5 that my daughter wants to start using, she has an iPhone 4s. We are on AT&T. I know all about doing a backup to iTunes first, then restoring from that. Do I have to do anything with AT&T to get her account converted to the new iPhone, or is that covered through it asking for her AT&T account info in the setup? Or do I have to call AT&T and tell them about the new phone for her (don't ant to change her upgrade eligibility for the future). Then just wipe the old phone when we are convinced the new iPhone has everything on it? Anything else I need to know? Thanks!
    07-19-2014 08:22 PM
    You will have to go to AT&T to get a new sim, since the sim sizes for those 2 devices are different.
    07-19-2014 08:25 PM
    Thanks, what does that involve, is there a charge for that, what should I expect? I have never done that before.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-19-2014 09:30 PM
    Thanks, what does that involve, is there a charge for that, what should I expect? I have never done that before.
    It shouldn't cost you anything because you are basically changing devices on the same wireless network/account.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-19-2014 09:36 PM
    Just tell them you want to do a device swap on her line and they should take of you. It shouldn't cost anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-19-2014 11:25 PM
    Thank you for all the help. Just to make sure I understand how this works - the iPhone 5 she will move to, is the one I upgraded FROM when I went to a 5s. Does this iPhone 5 have a SIM in it already, and it's just a matter of getting her carrier info etc. transferred to it by AT&T? As opposed to, if the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s supported the same SIM, I could just pop the SIM out of one and into the other and she would be ready to go. Do I understand it correctly?
    07-20-2014 08:06 AM
    Got it done without a hitch, thanks again for your help - the AT&T guy didn't even need the old phone, just entered the phone number info into his device (after verifying who I was by photo ID), added a new SIM to the iPhone 5, and in a manner of minutes I was ready to go. I just restored from iCloud and other than a few apps which appear not to be in the App Store any more (and no worries about them anyway) plus a couple appps that needed to be run and password entered, phone is set up and daughter is extremely pleased with the improvements over the 4s!
    07-21-2014 06:48 AM
    Glad you were able to get things up and running quickly
    07-21-2014 07:41 AM