iPhone 5S Touch ID light scratches

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
1st post here on iMore. I can see scratches on the home button. The scratches are very faint and are only visible when on the right angle or point them with light like the iPhone 4S flash light. I'm wondering if this is normal because I'm freaking out lol. And isn't sapphire-crystal like impossible to scratch? OCD problems. :(

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
1st post here on iMore. I can see scratches on the home button. The scratches are very faint and are only visible when on the right angle or point them with light like the iPhone 4S flash light. I'm wondering if this is normal because I'm freaking out lol. And isn't sapphire-crystal like impossible to scratch? OCD problems. :(

Mine is still perfect. Does it affect the scanning process? If so take it to apple and get it swapped :) and welcome to imore.

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
They never show without pointing light on my Touch ID, they never show without pointing light directly. And it doesn't affect performance.

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Mate, if it does not affect the performance of your iPhone leave it till something is serious will come up and start to happening on your phone (hopefully not :D) It's ONLY a phone not a Bible use it and have fun buddy. I know that Apple products are high on the prices and most people freaks out when they have even a small scratch but still IT'S ONLY A PHONE.

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I was waiting for someone like you to post something like that! Thanks. But still, from time to time I get stressed about the fact that it has scratches. I've had my phone for 3 weeks already. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

All crystals has some sort of pattern to them and that's what your seeing if it was super smooth then it would be fake

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Now I know that sapphire-crystal is no different from other glass. I will never believe "scratch-proof" anymore! 😂

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's scratch resistant. Not scratch proof. There is a difference. And no scratches on mine.

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I managed to take a picture of it, it was really hard to capture it with the right angle. I used my iPad 4 to take the picture
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1405836042.222421.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Its ok bud. Just a phone.. Drink beer and relax!! 🍻

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Mate, if it does not affect the performance of your iPhone leave it till something is serious will come up and start to happening on your phone (hopefully not :D) It's ONLY a phone not a Bible use it and have fun buddy. I know that Apple products are high on the prices and most people freaks out when they have even a small scratch but still IT'S ONLY A PHONE.

As stated in your post, Apple products are EXPENSIVE. So in essence it would make sense to panic. I remember saving up half my pay check to get this phone, and if anything happened To it I would flip. So I get the OP AND feel his or her frustration.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR