Google+ and Carousel Won't Auto Backup Photos

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, I'm having difficulty getting both of these to auto backup my pictures and videos. I have location turned on for both of them and they both only upload when I open them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here as to what I should do? Thanks!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the App's settings, do you have auto backup set for "Wi-Fi Only" or for both "Wi-Fi and mobile networks"?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Both are set to backup over both networks.
Oh okay. Thanks. I wonder if a reboot or a network reset will solve the problem. I have no idea why it's not backing up for you, especially when things are set correctly.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay. Thanks. I wonder if a reboot or a network reset will solve the problem. I have no idea why it's not backing up for you, especially when things are set correctly.

Tried that and it didn't work. I ended up deleting Carousel and then to get DropBox to upload them all I had to have it on wifi and leave DropBox open on the home screen.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried that and it didn't work. I ended up deleting Carousel and then to get DropBox to upload them all I had to have it on wifi and leave DropBox open on the home screen.

Oh okay, and thanks for the update. ...:)

Travis Dennis

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have had a nightmare situation, been trying to upload a photo set for hours upon hours using my ipad to no avail. Tried flickr uploaded, 3rd party flickr uploads, now g+. I believe the main problem is ios7. All of these services were supposed to upload in the background, but hey don't. They just don't. G+ won't work at all, won't upload anything from my camera roll that is is larger than 1mb or so.

Fernando Scheps

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem and nobody seems to understand why this is going on.

It still remains a mystery...

Hope someone comes up with a solution to make it work in the background, but it seems to be an iOS problem rather than an App problem.

Thanks!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Google+ or Carousel. But I do upload to Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. No issues there. Make sure auto upload is enabled in the app's settings. You also might try signing out, delete the app, then reinstall it and sign back in.

raddbj03

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I use google plus and one drive auto upload...wifi only setting. And they do "auto upload" but only when the app is open or if I had the app recently open...like iOS shuts down the background processes. Not sure what is causing your issue though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh