Imagine if your iphone 5S broke.
    Would you use a standard phone until the iphone 6 is released? Or would you just go and buy a iphone 5S again? What about if apple offered to repair your iphone at a large cost?

I think I would buy the iphone 5S again.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    07-01-2014 06:58 AM
    Well here in Aussie if you break the screen you have to pay $330 for a replacement. I think I break my phone I would still get a replacement. Can't live without my phone. Plus when the next phone come I can re sell my phone for $400-$500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-01-2014 07:00 AM
    Get a standard phone and use my iPod. Why waste money getting it repaired when a new phone is just around the corner? The resale value of the 5S would drop near the release of the iPhone 6.
    07-01-2014 12:23 PM
    Typically, it depends on when the phone was damaged. In my regard, I'd have it repaired no matter what because I will be giving it away when I purchase the next iPhone. In your case, I'd probably get a basic phone to hold me over, especially if I had an iPad.
    07-01-2014 01:56 PM
    I would pay the $79 deductible for a replacement from AC+. And if I broke it again I'd just use my Note 3 everyday until I purchase the next iPhone.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-01-2014 02:02 PM
    I'd like to say I'd be able to use a standard generic phone for a while, but I know I'd cave and get a 5S right away.
    07-01-2014 10:57 PM
    If my phone was broke, Maybe i will Keep using My blackberry and Go with My Ipad as back up
    while waiting for Iphone 6 is coming..
    07-02-2014 12:37 AM
    I would definitely use some backup or spare phone (even if its basic and not a smartphone) and wait for iPhone 6. As for me it will not make sense to spend on repairing and then buying new iPhone.
    07-02-2014 05:19 AM
    I would pay the $79 deductible for a replacement from AC+. And if I broke it again I'd just use my Note 3 everyday until I purchase the next iPhone.
    *This*
    07-02-2014 10:13 AM
    I would use a cheap Windows Phone or Android phone, until the new iPhone releases.
    07-02-2014 10:32 AM
    It depends how long until the new one drops. If it's like now, where it's just two/three months, I'll use my SGIII and my Q10. If it's longer I'll go to the Apple store in Pentagon City and flirt my head off in hopes of getting a new one.....
    Speedygi likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:35 AM
    I would like to say that I would use an old BlackBerry. But more than likely I would have my 5s replaced or repaired.
    07-02-2014 12:34 PM
    I would reactivate my old blackberry on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    07-02-2014 12:54 PM
    Probably buy a Lumia 521 for about 50 bucks until the next one came out.
    07-02-2014 03:57 PM
    I would pay my deductible because either way it goes I'll be selling the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    serglb likes this.
    07-02-2014 03:59 PM
    Imagine if your iphone 5S broke.
    Would you use a standard phone until the iphone 6 is released? Or would you just go and buy a iphone 5S again? What about if apple offered to repair your iphone at a large cost?

I think I would buy the iphone 5S again.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    Depending how much to fix it, I may go buy a cheap 4s to hold me over until the 6 came out as to not spend to much money on something you will be upgrading soon anyway. Plus since I am on verizon and pay full price to keep unlimited data, I would not spend 4-500 and then spend another 600+ a month or so later, so the cheaper 4s would suck, but hold me over until the 6 launched. That or get a cheap moto g/e to hold me over until the 6 launched.
    07-02-2014 04:42 PM
    I'd take my wife's 5c and use it.....What?

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-02-2014 05:14 PM
    I would reactivate my old blackberry on the line.
    Oh No You Didn't.
    07-02-2014 05:24 PM
    I would take it to an Apple store to see how much it would cost to repair it. I do have my carrier's phone protection program also as a backup, $250 up front to replace my phone and it covers water damage.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    07-03-2014 08:08 AM
    I'd take my wife's 5c and use it.....What?

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    That's mean.
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    07-03-2014 09:31 AM
    This happened to me last week while I was in Vegas. I had a Lifeproof Nuud case on and was at a pool party. I didn't want to leave my phone unattended so I kept it in my bathing suit pocket as I wasn't planning on jumping in that **** pool (5 hours of drinking and I didn't see one person get out of there to go to the bathroom).

The alcohol got the best of me and I was in up to my waist in the pool to smack the club-branded beach balls around. After 10 minutes I went to put a phone number in, and much to my chagrin, there was water inside the nuud case and under the screen! The space bar was pressing itself repeatedly, making any input impossible, and the accelerometer had sh*t the bed. Luckily, and by some inexplicable feeling, I had brought my old and inactive 4S with me. As I trudged back to the room, I had no choice but to keep chanting the phone number to myself to commit it to something longer than a goldfish's memory. I must have looked insane stumbling, red-eyed, barefoot, and mumbling numbers.

Upstairs
    4S activated
    number in
    crisis averted

When I got home, and made sure the phone was as dry as humanly possible, I went to the Apple store and got it swapped out.... free.
    serglb likes this.
    07-03-2014 11:33 AM
    I’d simply fall back to my old iPhone 4S to get me through the interim. That’s why I always have at least one recent device on hand.
    07-03-2014 12:14 PM
    This happened to me last week while I was in Vegas. I had a Lifeproof Nuud case on and was at a pool party. I didn't want to leave my phone unattended so I kept it in my bathing suit pocket as I wasn't planning on jumping in that **** pool (5 hours of drinking and I didn't see one person get out of there to go to the bathroom).

The alcohol got the best of me and I was in up to my waist in the pool to smack the club-branded beach balls around. After 10 minutes I went to put a phone number in, and much to my chagrin, there was water inside the nuud case and under the screen! The space bar was pressing itself repeatedly, making any input impossible, and the accelerometer had sh*t the bed. Luckily, and by some inexplicable feeling, I had brought my old and inactive 4S with me. As I trudged back to the room, I had no choice but to keep chanting the phone number to myself to commit it to something longer than a goldfish's memory. I must have looked insane stumbling, red-eyed, barefoot, and mumbling numbers.

Upstairs
    4S activated
    number in
    crisis averted

When I got home, and made sure the phone was as dry as humanly possible, I went to the Apple store and got it swapped out.... free.
    LOL. Fooled Apple on this one.
    07-03-2014 07:07 PM