What would you do if your 5S broke only a couple of months before the iPhone 6 is out?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Imagine if your iphone 5S broke.
Would you use a standard phone until the iphone 6 is released? Or would you just go and buy a iphone 5S again? What about if apple offered to repair your iphone at a large cost?

I think I would buy the iphone 5S again.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well here in Aussie if you break the screen you have to pay $330 for a replacement. I think I break my phone I would still get a replacement. Can't live without my phone. Plus when the next phone come I can re sell my phone for $400-$500 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Get a standard phone and use my iPod. Why waste money getting it repaired when a new phone is just around the corner? The resale value of the 5S would drop near the release of the iPhone 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Typically, it depends on when the phone was damaged. In my regard, I'd have it repaired no matter what because I will be giving it away when I purchase the next iPhone. In your case, I'd probably get a basic phone to hold me over, especially if I had an iPad.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I would pay the $79 deductible for a replacement from AC+. And if I broke it again I'd just use my Note 3 everyday until I purchase the next iPhone.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to say I'd be able to use a standard generic phone for a while, but I know I'd cave and get a 5S right away.

Dinadivas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If my phone was broke, Maybe i will Keep using My blackberry and Go with My Ipad as back up :)
while waiting for Iphone 6 is coming..

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely use some backup or spare phone (even if its basic and not a smartphone) and wait for iPhone 6. As for me it will not make sense to spend on repairing and then buying new iPhone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It depends how long until the new one drops. If it's like now, where it's just two/three months, I'll use my SGIII and my Q10. If it's longer I'll go to the Apple store in Pentagon City and flirt my head off in hopes of getting a new one.....:love-struck:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would like to say that I would use an old BlackBerry. But more than likely I would have my 5s replaced or repaired.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I would reactivate my old blackberry on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would pay my deductible because either way it goes I'll be selling the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Imagine if your iphone 5S broke.
Would you use a standard phone until the iphone 6 is released? Or would you just go and buy a iphone 5S again? What about if apple offered to repair your iphone at a large cost?

I think I would buy the iphone 5S again.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Depending how much to fix it, I may go buy a cheap 4s to hold me over until the 6 came out as to not spend to much money on something you will be upgrading soon anyway. Plus since I am on verizon and pay full price to keep unlimited data, I would not spend 4-500 and then spend another 600+ a month or so later, so the cheaper 4s would suck, but hold me over until the 6 launched. That or get a cheap moto g/e to hold me over until the 6 launched.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would take it to an Apple store to see how much it would cost to repair it. I do have my carrier's phone protection program also as a backup, $250 up front to replace my phone and it covers water damage.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2