Iphone 5s LTE support

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All:

I recently purchased a T-Mobile unlocked version of the iphone 5S, model A1533 and intended to use it in China under China Mobile. Was hoping that 4G was usable but then quickly realized it doesn't seem to be. Didn't do my homework beforehand as I thought "unlocked" meant it should be compatible with most of the stuff and news around stating China adopting global 4G technology, etc. Can anyone confirm if there is hope is making my iphone 4G compatable in China or I should just sell the phone at a lost and buy a new iphone 5S in China? Thanks!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi All:

I recently purchased a T-Mobile unlocked version of the iphone 5S, model A1533 and intended to use it in China under China Mobile. Was hoping that 4G was usable but then quickly realized it doesn't seem to be. Didn't do my homework beforehand as I thought "unlocked" meant it should be compatible with most of the stuff and news around stating China adopting global 4G technology, etc. Can anyone confirm if there is hope is making my iphone 4G compatable in China or I should just sell the phone at a lost and buy a new iphone 5S in China? Thanks!

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.apple.com%2Fiphone%2FLTE%2F&token=_9P14JvN

It depends on the phone company in China that you plan to use the iPhone with and the bands and frequencies used by them, so your service may be spotty, limited and not guaranteed, or no service.

According to Apple, an iPhone with model number A1533 or A1532 isn't compatible with China Mobile's 3G, 4G or LTE.

Only an iPhone with model number A1518, A1516, A1530, or A1529 on the back of the iPhone is certified to support TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE in China.

Last edited:

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.apple.com%2Fiphone%2FLTE%2F&token=HJOB5JYu

It depends on the phone company in China that you plan to use the iPhone with and the bands and frequencies used by them, so your service may be spotty, limited and not guaranteed, or no service.

According to Apple, an iPhone with model number A1533 or A1532 isn't compatible with China Mobile's 3G, 4G or LTE.

Only an iPhone with model number A1518, A1516, A1530, or A1529 on the back of the iPhone is certified to support TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE in China.

Thanks for the info..i know i won't be able to use china mobile services..but i did some quiery with a friend in china..and he said that it is possible to use china unicom's 3G services for model A1533...so i am happy with that now..

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info..i know i won't be able to use china mobile services..but i did some quiery with a friend in china..and he said that it is possible to use china unicom's 3G services for model A1533...so i am happy with that now..

I would imagine that there would be some sort of service available for international tourists, maybe not wide spread and limited to touristy places.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW