Android Users thinking of coming back.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 3 and this week I have been looking up iphone 5s/m8/z2/iphone 6 and note 4. I think I will be content with my note 3 for a bit but I will be keeping an eye on the sony z3, note 4, and iPhone 6 presentation. I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen size so the iphone 6 5.5 version would be what I'll be looking at.
I'll try out ios 8 on my ipad 3 and see how it goes. Right now, I am impatiently waiting.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
One of the things that I'm seeing as that these new devices coming up don't seem to be offering much more in my opinion. As far as screen size, the devices are starting to plateau around 5-5.5 inches. Screen resolution greater than 1080p seems to be a waste because it really isn't supported and doesn't seem to be necessary. Battery life has been improving to the point most of the smartphones now can last you a day. And other than WP, the ecosystems are similar in what they offer. There just isn't a whole lot for me to get excited about anymore.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Was on Android for a few years. Felt like coming back to iOS since I have an iMac, 2 iPads and wife has a 5S. Sold my Nexus 5 and then paid the difference for a new 5S. Couldn't be happier. Love all the integration. Signed up for iTunes Match again and love it. Kinda went apple crazy and added an Apple TV and a new airport express since I needed a new router :) Always loved apple products.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Was on Android for a few years. Felt like coming back to iOS since I have an iMac, 2 iPads and wife has a 5S. Sold my Nexus 5 and then paid the difference for a new 5S. Couldn't be happier. Love all the integration. Signed up for iTunes Match again and love it. Kinda went apple crazy and added an Apple TV and a new airport express since I needed a new router :) Always loved apple products.

I'm getting more and more engulfed in the Apple ecosystem. In another year, I may not have a choice but to stay with Apple products. And that wouldn't be a bad thing.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a 5S tomorrow. I know the 6 will be out in a short while, but I really want to try iOS again. Apple products maintain so much resale value that you won't lose out on much if you pick up one and resell it down the road when the 6 comes out. If you want one now, just do it. I've been on Android for 15 months straight and still want to come back to iOS.

I'm glad I was able to help you get back into iOS. How's it going brother? I guess we do know each other from the forums.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I most likely will. I've used android devices for a few years now after switching from an iPhone 4. I got an iPhone 5S earlier this year, but I had to go back to android. Amongst my grips were the small screen, lack of a filing system, limited sharing options and lack of Widgets. All this looks to be addressed in the iPhone 6 and iOS 8. I don't see any reason not to get back on board now. I'm still heavily invested in the ios ecosystem as I have an ipad air, ipod touch 5th gen and an Apple TV. So it wouldn't be that hard to slot the iPhone in. Since I tried the 5S earlier this year I've gradually reduced the number of Android devices I have. I now only have my Samsung Galaxy S5 so I'm now more invested in ios, before I had a couple of devices from both platforms.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I was able to help you get back into iOS. How's it going brother? I guess we do know each other from the forums.

Yeah, I figured it was you just by the name and similar profile photo. It's going well. I'm actually on a Nexus 5 again right now. I used a 5S for a bit and really liked it, but money swayed me to Android again. You just get more bang for your buck with Android. I also missed the bigger screen. But I've always liked iOS, and the experience there is so just so much smoother. The connection between devices is just insane. But it's also so much more expensive to go all iOS. I like having my phone/tablet/and netbook and it's a good amount more expensive to be all Apple (up front). But I'm starting to notice that it's going to be more expensive when I'm constantly switching phones and tablets on Android. The only way it would work out better for me is if I stayed with Nexus devices. But every Android phone is missing something, too. Even the Nexus has issues with battery and the camera is a bit slow. I miss a lot of picture opps with my 2 year old.

So I started looking again at iOS and realized that I could go Next and get the 6 and just do that for a year and switch once a year. I take such good care of my devices that it isn't an issue getting decent dollar for them and this would be an easy way to curb my phone addiction.

Sorry for the long response, but this is kind of where I'm at now with devices.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I figured it was you just by the name and similar profile photo. It's going well. I'm actually on a Nexus 5 again right now. I used a 5S for a bit and really liked it, but money swayed me to Android again. You just get more bang for your buck with Android. I also missed the bigger screen. But I've always liked iOS, and the experience there is so just so much smoother. The connection between devices is just insane. But it's also so much more expensive to go all iOS. I like having my phone/tablet/and netbook and it's a good amount more expensive to be all Apple (up front). But I'm starting to notice that it's going to be more expensive when I'm constantly switching phones and tablets on Android. The only way it would work out better for me is if I stayed with Nexus devices. But every Android phone is missing something, too. Even the Nexus has issues with battery and the camera is a bit slow. I miss a lot of picture opps with my 2 year old.

So I started looking again at iOS and realized that I could go Next and get the 6 and just do that for a year and switch once a year. I take such good care of my devices that it isn't an issue getting decent dollar for them and this would be an easy way to curb my phone addiction.

Sorry for the long response, but this is kind of where I'm at now with devices.

I agree with you about the price of iOS devices. You can get a lot more from Android for a lot cheaper. But I have really come to love my iOS devices and I'm not looking to switch anytime soon. Now that I have the iPad Air and the 5S, I should be good for a while. I don't know if I'm going to get the 6. I think that I'm going to just stick with my 5S for a another year and get the iPhone phablet if it actually comes out.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you about the price of iOS devices. You can get a lot more from Android for a lot cheaper. But I have really come to love my iOS devices and I'm not looking to switch anytime soon. Now that I have the iPad Air and the 5S, I should be good for a while. I don't know if I'm going to get the 6. I think that I'm going to just stick with my 5S for a another year and get the iPhone phablet if it actually comes out.

Yeah, the bang for your buck is always on the Android side of things. But you get a much better, cohesive experience on iOS/Mac, that also has much more longevity. I like Android. Switching to iOS isn't going to change anything. But I'm just looking for that more cohesive, worry-free, hassle-free experience that I can get from Apple. After I bought that Mini off of you, I picked up a 5S and a refurb MacBook Air. I'll most likely sell the 5S and get the 6 when it comes out and use Next for it. Then I'll just be in the once a year cycle. Although it costs a lot more to switch to iOS/Mac up front, I think it'll actually save me in the long run. I think the biggest issue that Android has is that there isn't that one phone that has EVERYTHING - and Android skins get in the way (so I guess that was two big issues). Every phone is missing something. Be it camera, battery life, storage, updates or lack thereof, issues that go unattended, etc. There's ALWAYS something wrong or missing.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the bang for your buck is always on the Android side of things. But you get a much better, cohesive experience on iOS/Mac, that also has much more longevity. I like Android. Switching to iOS isn't going to change anything. But I'm just looking for that more cohesive, worry-free, hassle-free experience that I can get from Apple. After I bought that Mini off of you, I picked up a 5S and a refurb MacBook Air. I'll most likely sell the 5S and get the 6 when it comes out and use Next for it. Then I'll just be in the once a year cycle. Although it costs a lot more to switch to iOS/Mac up front, I think it'll actually save me in the long run. I think the biggest issue that Android has is that there isn't that one phone that has EVERYTHING - and Android skins get in the way (so I guess that was two big issues). Every phone is missing something. Be it camera, battery life, storage, updates or lack thereof, issues that go unattended, etc. There's ALWAYS something wrong or missing.

I think the same could be said for the iPhone. There always seems to be something missing. Not that it bothers me. But it seems to be the case.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the same could be said for the iPhone. There always seems to be something missing. Not that it bothers me. But it seems to be the case.

Right. I can see that, but I think it's more prevalent with Android as you see the other phones that have something you want. Not like you can look at a new iPhone coming out every other month with that one thing that you really want.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Right. I can see that, but I think it's more prevalent with Android as you see the other phones that have something you want. Not like you can look at a new iPhone coming out every other month with that one thing that you really want.

I agree with that. But I do think that smartphones now have become more similar. And even within Android, there are less devices to choose from than there were three years ago. Seems like each manufacture has come out with a flagship, phablet, and economy handset. Where in the past, companies like Motorola, HTC, and LG would flood the market with as many smartphones as they possibly could. Samsung still does this, but the others seem to have slowed considerably. With less variety, I think that the manufacturers are taking less chances.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just dumped my Nexus 5 today to my son, and bought a 5s. I honestly don't want the bigger size, and I was happy with my old 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Size was a big part. Radio wasn't as good as the iPhone, either.

I also missed the stability of the platform.

Android may work for some, and the N5 was arguably the best Android I ever used, but I think that was my last venture into that world.

My wife is the opposite. She hates my Apple devices, and loves Android. She loves her LG G2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Size was a big part. Radio wasn't as good as the iPhone, either.

I also missed the stability of the platform.

Android may work for some, and the N5 was arguably the best Android I ever used, but I think that was my last venture into that world.

My wife is the opposite. She hates my Apple devices, and loves Android. She loves her LG G2.

What did you find as being unstable with Android? Was there anything in particular?

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Apps seem to crash far more often on that platform for one. These aren't oddball apps , either. Tapatalk, YouTube, Flickr, and some games.

I always had bluetooth issues with the Android phones .

I never had to do a full reset on my iPhone to fix stability or connection problems. All the Androids I have, it's a monthly ritual.

The radio seems erratic compared to iPhone. Signal strength jumps all over, calls drop.

I've had several Androids, and they were all top tier devices, they all did the same thing. Even my wife's G2 is guilty, but not enough to bother her. I don't have time to fight with my phone.

I got the N 5, thinking since it was pure Android, it would solve a lot of that. It did to a point, but it was still enough of an issue to make me go back.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Bummer about all these bad Android experienced. I use the Nexus 7 tablet together with my iPhone 5s and iPad Air and I have no complaints at all. I use most of the same apps and the Nexus is smooth and zippy as the iPad Air is. The cross os apps work equally on both OS as well.

There hasn't been any crash on the Nexus, on the flip side my iPad Air crashed and rebooted at least once a day from November until the update in March. I believe there were many others who had the same issue as well.

Having said I love all three of my devices. :)

My 5s is only a couple of months old and I am not looking to get the 6 anytime soon. I am thinking of skipping it altogether and going for the 6s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Bummer about all these bad Android experienced. I use the Nexus 7 tablet together with my iPhone 5s and iPad Air and I have no complaints at all. I use most of the same apps and the Nexus is smooth and zippy as the iPad Air is. The cross os apps work equally on both OS as well.

There hasn't been any crash on the Nexus, on the flip side my iPad Air crashed and rebooted at least once a day from November until the update in March. I believe there were many others who had the same issue as well.

Having said I love all three of my devices. :)

My 5s is only a couple of months old and I am not looking to get the 6 anytime soon. I am thinking of skipping it altogether and going for the 6s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I must be very lucky with my tech. My Air has never rebooted. And I have had it since they came out. My iPhone has rebooted maybe twice in about five months. I have never had my Nexus 5 reboot. My Note 3 only rebooted maybe once in a months time that I had it. I have never had signal problems with any of my phones. I did have one issue with battery drain with my Note 3 but found that it was the NBA app that was causing it. Once I deleted it, I was back to having stellar battery life. I love my iOS devices and really don't care to switch again. But if I had to go the Android route again, I am confident that I could do so smoothly without many problems android devices today are awesome and deliver performance close to iOS devices.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am very fortunate as well, my iPad Air was the only problem child. Lol

My iPad 2 never rebooted neither did my iPhone 5.

My 5s has been flawless as well. Hope I don't jinx any of them by bragging about it :D

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro