Android Users thinking of coming back.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a 5S tomorrow. I know the 6 will be out in a short while, but I really want to try iOS again. Apple products maintain so much resale value that you won't lose out on much if you pick up one and resell it down the road when the 6 comes out. If you want one now, just do it. I've been on Android for 15 months straight and still want to come back to iOS.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a 5S tomorrow. I know the 6 will be out in a short while, but I really want to try iOS again. Apple products maintain so much resale value that you won't lose out on much if you pick up one and resell it down the road when the 6 comes out. If you want one now, just do it. I've been on Android for 15 months straight and still want to come back to iOS.

This is what I would do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blackguard

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

I just switched back to iPhone after being with android for the last few years. Switched from the Note 3. Took some getting used to going from 5.5" display to the iPhone. But all in all glad I did. The wifi problem with the samsung phones was too much for me. iOS 8 looks appealing with the addition of third party keyboards. Plus the majority of my family is using either an iPad or iPhone so FaceTime sounded like the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to know from both of you and any others who have been with android for over a year:
Do you have experience with other android brands besides Samsung? And if so how have you found they compare with iPhone in regards to persistent known issues? Do iphones have a roughly equal or smaller number of commonly complained about problems, and what are they?

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
For these kind of decisions I always look at what I need and then decide the device to get. Do you need a bigger screen? Then wait. If not, then you can get one now.

Sent from my iOS device using iMore Forums

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I first started with the Galaxy 1 then went to the IP4S, got the IP5 then i wanted a big screen so i got the note 2 but within 2 months i regretted leaving Apple, android is too complicated and slow on a fast device and crashed a lot! So decided to go back to the iPhone 5 and now i have the 5S! Never leaving apple again! I always get the new model every year.. And the good thing my contract is up in september! So ill be able to upgrade :)

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to know from both of you and any others who have been with android for over a year:
Do you have experience with other android brands besides Samsung? And if so how have you found they compare with iPhone in regards to persistent known issues? Do iphones have a roughly equal or smaller number of commonly complained about problems, and what are they?

I've used the big players in the Android world. HTC, Samsung, LG, as I'm currently on a Nexus 5. I think they don't necessarily have more issues than Apple devices, but I feel the overall quality of the iPhone is unmatched. I've had Android phones and iPhones with issues, so I can't say that one is worse than the other. The only Android manufacturer that I've used that is close to the quality of iPhone is HTC, but their camera leaves a lot to be desired compared to the iPhone.

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm coming from recently having a HTC One M8, a Galaxy S5, an LG G3, and a OnePlus One. So basically, all of the recent Android flagship phones. I've always liked iOS. I like the simplicity of it and that stuff works. Everything flows nicely. I just picked up a brand new 5S because with the 6 coming with a bigger screen, I wanted to reacquaint myself with iOS. To me, the iPhones major flaw was the small screen, so this kept me away. With the bigger screen on the horizon, I'm back and will be picking up a 6 when they are released.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from recently having a HTC One M8, a Galaxy S5, an LG G3, and a OnePlus One. So basically, all of the recent Android flagship phones. I've always liked iOS. I like the simplicity of it and that stuff works. Everything flows nicely. I just picked up a brand new 5S because with the 6 coming with a bigger screen, I wanted to reacquaint myself with iOS. To me, the iPhones major flaw was the small screen, so this kept me away. With the bigger screen on the horizon, I'm back and will be picking up a 6 when they are released.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

Didn't the OnePlusOne just come out? I haven't been on Android for over 2 years now and I don't regret it all what I do regret is ever leaving Apple in the first place for Android.

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Didn't the OnePlusOne just come out? I haven't been on Android for over 2 years now and I don't regret it all what I do regret is ever leaving Apple in the first place for Android.

The OnePlus One has been around for a couple months, but it's pretty hard to get because of their ridiculous invite system.

I just got tired of the lag I ran into on every phone that wasn't a Nexus. Yeah, the Nexus 5 and the OnePlus One are great devices, but stock Android is boring to me. I have yet to run into any lag on an iPhone. I'm still deeply invested in Google's services and I'll continue to use my Chromebook, but I don't know if I'll go back to Android anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The OnePlus One has been around for a couple months, but it's pretty hard to get because of their ridiculous invite system.

I just got tired of the lag I ran into on every phone that wasn't a Nexus. Yeah, the Nexus 5 and the OnePlus One are great devices, but stock Android is boring to me. I have yet to run into any lag on an iPhone. I'm still deeply invested in Google's services and I'll continue to use my Chromebook, but I don't know if I'll go back to Android anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Agreed the one Android phone I used the longest was my Galaxy Nexus and I traded that for an iPhone 4 LOL right before the 5 came out cause I wanted to get back into iOS. I also used a Nexus 5 last year for a week and couldn't wait to get back to my iPhone. Android to me is so ugly now and I absolutely hate the apps and by that I mean the quality of the apps on Android vs iOS is night and day. Just using tapatalk for instance on Android was terrible it's such an inferior version compared to the iOS app.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed the one Android phone I used the longest was my Galaxy Nexus and I traded that for an iPhone 4 LOL right before the 5 came out cause I wanted to get back into iOS. I also used a Nexus 5 last year for a week and couldn't wait to get back to my iPhone. Android to me is so ugly now and I absolutely hate the apps and by that I mean the quality of the apps on Android vs iOS is night and day. Just using tapatalk for instance on Android was terrible it's such an inferior version compared to the iOS app.

Hate is such a strong word... No one can disagree, there's a little part on the inside always wanting something new.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hate is such a strong word... No one can disagree, there's a little part on the inside always wanting something new.

Haha true while I do keep checking out Android Central everyday cause I like to see what's up I'm just very happy with iOS and don't see using Android again in the foreseeable future.

He123321

Feb 9, 2005
Visit site
I have never owned an Apple product, but my lil one had the 1st, and 2nd gen iPod. 3 weeks ago I got her the iPhone 5s since she wanted a smaller cell. She had the Samsung S3, and she was no longer feeling the size of it. She is in love with the 5s.

Battery life is okay, but but man this phone is so smooth, and like others have said, everything works as it should.

I've owed almost every high-end Android phone on the Sprint network since the HTC Hero. Currently rocking the S3 before downgrading from the Note 2. I like the Android OS, but the simplicity of IOS is unmatched IMO. I am itching for the switch, but I will wait to see what the iPhone 6 will bring to the table.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
For these kind of decisions I always look at what I need and then decide the device to get. Do you need a bigger screen? Then wait. If not, then you can get one now.

Sent from my iOS device using iMore Forums

I think that more people need to assess their needs in a smartphone. I see so many chasing the latest and greatest, but really have no idea why they need all of the extra power, screen size, speed, and/or features. If people really looked at what it is that they needed, many of us wouldn't upgrade so often.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Okris30

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I just switched back to iPhone last week getting a gold 5s. Had a Galaxy S4 and a Sony Xperia Z1s before hand and have to say I'm happy to be back. Android was nice but it was frustrating getting updates and waiting for updates to be pushed by the carriers. Especially seeing that it took forever for the Z1s to get an update till today which it badly needed one. I don't regret using my Jump upgrade to get a 5s and get rid of the Z1s. Nice phone but scratches way too easily. My last iPhone was a 4s so I definitely like what Apple has done since then and especially love Touch ID and the new look iOS. Can't wait for iOS 8.

captaincalamity

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been away from Iphone for quite some time, visiting the Android world and also Windows Phone land, having owned all the Note range, all the S range, all the HTC range, became a swapaholic of Android phones, never happy, tried Windows phones and again never happy.

Then I got my hands on a White/Gold Iphone 5S....about a month or so ago, all I can say is how do they do it, being a spec man and got myself bogged down in quad cores, snapdragon processor performances and big HD screens, this little 5S is spot on perfect for me, the size and weight fit perfectly into my running shorts back pocket and now with the new M7 chip running and pedometer apps which i use a lot work amazingly well at very little battery drain, the screen OK is only 4", but what a brilliant crisp clear little screen that you can actually read outside in bright sunlight. Everything runs so fast and gaming is far far better on iOs, it truly is, the connectivity with friends and family really is a bonus, I cant believe I have stayed away so long, am really looking forward to the iOs 8 additions and cant see myself getting an Iphone 6 not for at least year, I've had my fill of huge phones, small is beautiful and so much more practical, this truly is the Swish Army Phone in your pocket.