I think the same could be said for the iPhone. There always seems to be something missing. Not that it bothers me. But it seems to be the case.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    Right. I can see that, but I think it's more prevalent with Android as you see the other phones that have something you want. Not like you can look at a new iPhone coming out every other month with that one thing that you really want.
    08-21-2014 11:20 PM
    Right. I can see that, but I think it's more prevalent with Android as you see the other phones that have something you want. Not like you can look at a new iPhone coming out every other month with that one thing that you really want.
    I agree with that. But I do think that smartphones now have become more similar. And even within Android, there are less devices to choose from than there were three years ago. Seems like each manufacture has come out with a flagship, phablet, and economy handset. Where in the past, companies like Motorola, HTC, and LG would flood the market with as many smartphones as they possibly could. Samsung still does this, but the others seem to have slowed considerably. With less variety, I think that the manufacturers are taking less chances.
    08-23-2014 08:29 PM
    I just dumped my Nexus 5 today to my son, and bought a 5s. I honestly don't want the bigger size, and I was happy with my old 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-23-2014 08:46 PM
    I just dumped my Nexus 5 today to my son, and bought a 5s. I honestly don't want the bigger size, and I was happy with my old 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was it just the size that made you dump the Nexus?
    08-23-2014 08:50 PM
    Size was a big part. Radio wasn't as good as the iPhone, either.

I also missed the stability of the platform.

Android may work for some, and the N5 was arguably the best Android I ever used, but I think that was my last venture into that world.

My wife is the opposite. She hates my Apple devices, and loves Android. She loves her LG G2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-23-2014 10:08 PM
    Size was a big part. Radio wasn't as good as the iPhone, either.

I also missed the stability of the platform.

Android may work for some, and the N5 was arguably the best Android I ever used, but I think that was my last venture into that world.

My wife is the opposite. She hates my Apple devices, and loves Android. She loves her LG G2.

What did you find as being unstable with Android? Was there anything in particular?
    08-23-2014 11:24 PM
    Apps seem to crash far more often on that platform for one. These aren't oddball apps , either. Tapatalk, YouTube, Flickr, and some games.

I always had bluetooth issues with the Android phones .

I never had to do a full reset on my iPhone to fix stability or connection problems. All the Androids I have, it's a monthly ritual.

The radio seems erratic compared to iPhone. Signal strength jumps all over, calls drop.

I've had several Androids, and they were all top tier devices, they all did the same thing. Even my wife's G2 is guilty, but not enough to bother her. I don't have time to fight with my phone.

I got the N 5, thinking since it was pure Android, it would solve a lot of that. It did to a point, but it was still enough of an issue to make me go back.

08-24-2014 09:06 AM
    Bummer about all these bad Android experienced. I use the Nexus 7 tablet together with my iPhone 5s and iPad Air and I have no complaints at all. I use most of the same apps and the Nexus is smooth and zippy as the iPad Air is. The cross os apps work equally on both OS as well.

There hasn't been any crash on the Nexus, on the flip side my iPad Air crashed and rebooted at least once a day from November until the update in March. I believe there were many others who had the same issue as well.

Having said I love all three of my devices.

My 5s is only a couple of months old and I am not looking to get the 6 anytime soon. I am thinking of skipping it altogether and going for the 6s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-24-2014 12:31 PM
    Bummer about all these bad Android experienced. I use the Nexus 7 tablet together with my iPhone 5s and iPad Air and I have no complaints at all. I use most of the same apps and the Nexus is smooth and zippy as the iPad Air is. The cross os apps work equally on both OS as well.

There hasn't been any crash on the Nexus, on the flip side my iPad Air crashed and rebooted at least once a day from November until the update in March. I believe there were many others who had the same issue as well.

Having said I love all three of my devices.

My 5s is only a couple of months old and I am not looking to get the 6 anytime soon. I am thinking of skipping it altogether and going for the 6s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I must be very lucky with my tech. My Air has never rebooted. And I have had it since they came out. My iPhone has rebooted maybe twice in about five months. I have never had my Nexus 5 reboot. My Note 3 only rebooted maybe once in a months time that I had it. I have never had signal problems with any of my phones. I did have one issue with battery drain with my Note 3 but found that it was the NBA app that was causing it. Once I deleted it, I was back to having stellar battery life. I love my iOS devices and really don't care to switch again. But if I had to go the Android route again, I am confident that I could do so smoothly without many problems android devices today are awesome and deliver performance close to iOS devices.
    CDG likes this.
    08-24-2014 12:52 PM
    I am very fortunate as well, my iPad Air was the only problem child. Lol

My iPad 2 never rebooted neither did my iPhone 5.

My 5s has been flawless as well. Hope I don't jinx any of them by bragging about it

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    08-24-2014 12:59 PM
    I am very fortunate as well, my iPad Air was the only problem child. Lol

My iPad 2 never rebooted neither did my iPhone 5.

My 5s has been flawless as well. Hope I don't jinx any of them by bragging about it

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    My iPad Air is very special to me. I think that if I Could text everyone and make phone calls with it I wouldn't have an iPhone at all. It is definitely my go to device and the most reliable device that I have.
    08-24-2014 01:59 PM
    iOS may not be the most customizable os but what Is the best about iOS is it just works with no hiccups love my ipad 4 and iPod touch and 4s sure going to love my 5s

08-30-2014 10:16 PM
    Yes I miss my phone I loved it to death put I lost it at cheer camp

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-10-2014 02:54 PM
    iOS may not be the most customizable os but what Is the best about iOS is it just works with no hiccups love my ipad 4 and iPod touch and 4s sure going to love my 5s

That's what makes me fear switching now. Every time I switch to a device on another platform, there is always some sort of nagging problem. Then I see someone with an iPhone and I miss mine. So I end up paying a lot of money just to end up with the iPhone I had before. I have done this repeatedly over the years and have wasted tons of money trying to switch. So finally, I have learned my lesson. I'm going to stick with what I have now because it works and I don't have any issues with it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 04:09 PM
    I've used Android for years and there's still plenty I like about it, but right now I really prefer iOS' way of 'just always working'.

It's certainly not as customizable (at least not without jailbreaking), but I don't feel a need to either.
    You set up your accounts, get your apps, and get to using it.

With just about every Android phone I remember having, there was at least one thing to worry about.
    WiFi issues and battery drains happened to more than one, and not the simply kind where an app just refuses to shut down.
    Google services that keep running for no reason seemed common enough on several phones.

Some things are nitpicking, perhaps, but knowing you'll have to reboot your phone in a few hours because it's stuck scanning your media folders after deleting one photo... Well, that's just uncool.

There's probably gonna be a few annoyances with iOS that I haven't bumped into yet, but there's a difference between an annoyance and issues that actively prevent you from using the phone properly.

Android had too many of the latter, and Google really has a knack of making updates worse (most recent offender, Chrome on my Note 3).

The advantages, such as drag-and-dropping files onto the phone, don't even it out for me.

Of course, it's too early to tell because I only just got the 5s a week ago, but I haven't heard any 'big' complaints from people I know.
    09-11-2014 05:52 AM
65 123