I'm getting a 5S tomorrow. I know the 6 will be out in a short while, but I really want to try iOS again. Apple products maintain so much resale value that you won't lose out on much if you pick up one and resell it down the road when the 6 comes out. If you want one now, just do it. I've been on Android for 15 months straight and still want to come back to iOS.

I just switched back to iPhone after being with android for the last few years. Switched from the Note 3. Took some getting used to going from 5.5" display to the iPhone. But all in all glad I did. The wifi problem with the samsung phones was too much for me. iOS 8 looks appealing with the addition of third party keyboards. Plus the majority of my family is using either an iPad or iPhone so FaceTime sounded like the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm curious to know from both of you and any others who have been with android for over a year:
    Do you have experience with other android brands besides Samsung? And if so how have you found they compare with iPhone in regards to persistent known issues? Do iphones have a roughly equal or smaller number of commonly complained about problems, and what are they?
    07-25-2014 08:40 AM
    For these kind of decisions I always look at what I need and then decide the device to get. Do you need a bigger screen? Then wait. If not, then you can get one now.

Sent from my iOS device using iMore Forums
    07-27-2014 06:15 PM
    I first started with the Galaxy 1 then went to the IP4S, got the IP5 then i wanted a big screen so i got the note 2 but within 2 months i regretted leaving Apple, android is too complicated and slow on a fast device and crashed a lot! So decided to go back to the iPhone 5 and now i have the 5S! Never leaving apple again! I always get the new model every year.. And the good thing my contract is up in september! So ill be able to upgrade

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    07-28-2014 05:19 PM
    I'm curious to know from both of you and any others who have been with android for over a year:
    Do you have experience with other android brands besides Samsung? And if so how have you found they compare with iPhone in regards to persistent known issues? Do iphones have a roughly equal or smaller number of commonly complained about problems, and what are they?
    I've used the big players in the Android world. HTC, Samsung, LG, as I'm currently on a Nexus 5. I think they don't necessarily have more issues than Apple devices, but I feel the overall quality of the iPhone is unmatched. I've had Android phones and iPhones with issues, so I can't say that one is worse than the other. The only Android manufacturer that I've used that is close to the quality of iPhone is HTC, but their camera leaves a lot to be desired compared to the iPhone.
    08-02-2014 10:28 AM
    I'm coming from recently having a HTC One M8, a Galaxy S5, an LG G3, and a OnePlus One. So basically, all of the recent Android flagship phones. I've always liked iOS. I like the simplicity of it and that stuff works. Everything flows nicely. I just picked up a brand new 5S because with the 6 coming with a bigger screen, I wanted to reacquaint myself with iOS. To me, the iPhones major flaw was the small screen, so this kept me away. With the bigger screen on the horizon, I'm back and will be picking up a 6 when they are released.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    08-02-2014 05:36 PM
    I'm coming from recently having a HTC One M8, a Galaxy S5, an LG G3, and a OnePlus One. So basically, all of the recent Android flagship phones. I've always liked iOS. I like the simplicity of it and that stuff works. Everything flows nicely. I just picked up a brand new 5S because with the 6 coming with a bigger screen, I wanted to reacquaint myself with iOS. To me, the iPhones major flaw was the small screen, so this kept me away. With the bigger screen on the horizon, I'm back and will be picking up a 6 when they are released.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    Didn't the OnePlusOne just come out? I haven't been on Android for over 2 years now and I don't regret it all what I do regret is ever leaving Apple in the first place for Android.
    08-03-2014 11:31 PM
    Didn't the OnePlusOne just come out? I haven't been on Android for over 2 years now and I don't regret it all what I do regret is ever leaving Apple in the first place for Android.
    The OnePlus One has been around for a couple months, but it's pretty hard to get because of their ridiculous invite system.

I just got tired of the lag I ran into on every phone that wasn't a Nexus. Yeah, the Nexus 5 and the OnePlus One are great devices, but stock Android is boring to me. I have yet to run into any lag on an iPhone. I'm still deeply invested in Google's services and I'll continue to use my Chromebook, but I don't know if I'll go back to Android anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    08-04-2014 12:52 AM
    The OnePlus One has been around for a couple months, but it's pretty hard to get because of their ridiculous invite system.

I just got tired of the lag I ran into on every phone that wasn't a Nexus. Yeah, the Nexus 5 and the OnePlus One are great devices, but stock Android is boring to me. I have yet to run into any lag on an iPhone. I'm still deeply invested in Google's services and I'll continue to use my Chromebook, but I don't know if I'll go back to Android anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Agreed the one Android phone I used the longest was my Galaxy Nexus and I traded that for an iPhone 4 LOL right before the 5 came out cause I wanted to get back into iOS. I also used a Nexus 5 last year for a week and couldn't wait to get back to my iPhone. Android to me is so ugly now and I absolutely hate the apps and by that I mean the quality of the apps on Android vs iOS is night and day. Just using tapatalk for instance on Android was terrible it's such an inferior version compared to the iOS app.
    08-04-2014 01:06 AM
    Agreed the one Android phone I used the longest was my Galaxy Nexus and I traded that for an iPhone 4 LOL right before the 5 came out cause I wanted to get back into iOS. I also used a Nexus 5 last year for a week and couldn't wait to get back to my iPhone. Android to me is so ugly now and I absolutely hate the apps and by that I mean the quality of the apps on Android vs iOS is night and day. Just using tapatalk for instance on Android was terrible it's such an inferior version compared to the iOS app.
    Hate is such a strong word... No one can disagree, there's a little part on the inside always wanting something new.
    08-04-2014 05:12 AM
    Hate is such a strong word... No one can disagree, there's a little part on the inside always wanting something new.
    Haha true while I do keep checking out Android Central everyday cause I like to see what's up I'm just very happy with iOS and don't see using Android again in the foreseeable future.
    08-04-2014 07:48 AM
    I have never owned an Apple product, but my lil one had the 1st, and 2nd gen iPod. 3 weeks ago I got her the iPhone 5s since she wanted a smaller cell. She had the Samsung S3, and she was no longer feeling the size of it. She is in love with the 5s.

Battery life is okay, but but man this phone is so smooth, and like others have said, everything works as it should.

I've owed almost every high-end Android phone on the Sprint network since the HTC Hero. Currently rocking the S3 before downgrading from the Note 2. I like the Android OS, but the simplicity of IOS is unmatched IMO. I am itching for the switch, but I will wait to see what the iPhone 6 will bring to the table.
    kataran likes this.
    08-04-2014 02:54 PM
    For these kind of decisions I always look at what I need and then decide the device to get. Do you need a bigger screen? Then wait. If not, then you can get one now.

Sent from my iOS device using iMore Forums
    I think that more people need to assess their needs in a smartphone. I see so many chasing the latest and greatest, but really have no idea why they need all of the extra power, screen size, speed, and/or features. If people really looked at what it is that they needed, many of us wouldn't upgrade so often.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    08-04-2014 05:29 PM
    Waiting for the iphone 6 would be a clever move
    08-04-2014 06:17 PM
    I just switched back to iPhone last week getting a gold 5s. Had a Galaxy S4 and a Sony Xperia Z1s before hand and have to say I'm happy to be back. Android was nice but it was frustrating getting updates and waiting for updates to be pushed by the carriers. Especially seeing that it took forever for the Z1s to get an update till today which it badly needed one. I don't regret using my Jump upgrade to get a 5s and get rid of the Z1s. Nice phone but scratches way too easily. My last iPhone was a 4s so I definitely like what Apple has done since then and especially love Touch ID and the new look iOS. Can't wait for iOS 8.
    08-06-2014 04:21 PM
    I have been away from Iphone for quite some time, visiting the Android world and also Windows Phone land, having owned all the Note range, all the S range, all the HTC range, became a swapaholic of Android phones, never happy, tried Windows phones and again never happy.

Then I got my hands on a White/Gold Iphone 5S....about a month or so ago, all I can say is how do they do it, being a spec man and got myself bogged down in quad cores, snapdragon processor performances and big HD screens, this little 5S is spot on perfect for me, the size and weight fit perfectly into my running shorts back pocket and now with the new M7 chip running and pedometer apps which i use a lot work amazingly well at very little battery drain, the screen OK is only 4", but what a brilliant crisp clear little screen that you can actually read outside in bright sunlight. Everything runs so fast and gaming is far far better on iOs, it truly is, the connectivity with friends and family really is a bonus, I cant believe I have stayed away so long, am really looking forward to the iOs 8 additions and cant see myself getting an Iphone 6 not for at least year, I've had my fill of huge phones, small is beautiful and so much more practical, this truly is the Swish Army Phone in your pocket.
    08-07-2014 11:03 AM
    I have a note 3 and this week I have been looking up iphone 5s/m8/z2/iphone 6 and note 4. I think I will be content with my note 3 for a bit but I will be keeping an eye on the sony z3, note 4, and iPhone 6 presentation. I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen size so the iphone 6 5.5 version would be what I'll be looking at.
    I'll try out ios 8 on my ipad 3 and see how it goes. Right now, I am impatiently waiting.
    08-09-2014 11:02 AM
    One of the things that I'm seeing as that these new devices coming up don't seem to be offering much more in my opinion. As far as screen size, the devices are starting to plateau around 5-5.5 inches. Screen resolution greater than 1080p seems to be a waste because it really isn't supported and doesn't seem to be necessary. Battery life has been improving to the point most of the smartphones now can last you a day. And other than WP, the ecosystems are similar in what they offer. There just isn't a whole lot for me to get excited about anymore.

08-09-2014 03:07 PM
    Was on Android for a few years. Felt like coming back to iOS since I have an iMac, 2 iPads and wife has a 5S. Sold my Nexus 5 and then paid the difference for a new 5S. Couldn't be happier. Love all the integration. Signed up for iTunes Match again and love it. Kinda went apple crazy and added an Apple TV and a new airport express since I needed a new router Always loved apple products.
    08-10-2014 10:21 AM
    Was on Android for a few years. Felt like coming back to iOS since I have an iMac, 2 iPads and wife has a 5S. Sold my Nexus 5 and then paid the difference for a new 5S. Couldn't be happier. Love all the integration. Signed up for iTunes Match again and love it. Kinda went apple crazy and added an Apple TV and a new airport express since I needed a new router Always loved apple products.
    I'm getting more and more engulfed in the Apple ecosystem. In another year, I may not have a choice but to stay with Apple products. And that wouldn't be a bad thing.

08-10-2014 10:25 AM
    I'm getting a 5S tomorrow. I know the 6 will be out in a short while, but I really want to try iOS again. Apple products maintain so much resale value that you won't lose out on much if you pick up one and resell it down the road when the 6 comes out. If you want one now, just do it. I've been on Android for 15 months straight and still want to come back to iOS.
    I'm glad I was able to help you get back into iOS. How's it going brother? I guess we do know each other from the forums.

08-21-2014 12:20 AM
    I most likely will. I've used android devices for a few years now after switching from an iPhone 4. I got an iPhone 5S earlier this year, but I had to go back to android. Amongst my grips were the small screen, lack of a filing system, limited sharing options and lack of Widgets. All this looks to be addressed in the iPhone 6 and iOS 8. I don't see any reason not to get back on board now. I'm still heavily invested in the ios ecosystem as I have an ipad air, ipod touch 5th gen and an Apple TV. So it wouldn't be that hard to slot the iPhone in. Since I tried the 5S earlier this year I've gradually reduced the number of Android devices I have. I now only have my Samsung Galaxy S5 so I'm now more invested in ios, before I had a couple of devices from both platforms.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    08-21-2014 04:33 AM
    I'm glad I was able to help you get back into iOS. How's it going brother? I guess we do know each other from the forums.

Yeah, I figured it was you just by the name and similar profile photo. It's going well. I'm actually on a Nexus 5 again right now. I used a 5S for a bit and really liked it, but money swayed me to Android again. You just get more bang for your buck with Android. I also missed the bigger screen. But I've always liked iOS, and the experience there is so just so much smoother. The connection between devices is just insane. But it's also so much more expensive to go all iOS. I like having my phone/tablet/and netbook and it's a good amount more expensive to be all Apple (up front). But I'm starting to notice that it's going to be more expensive when I'm constantly switching phones and tablets on Android. The only way it would work out better for me is if I stayed with Nexus devices. But every Android phone is missing something, too. Even the Nexus has issues with battery and the camera is a bit slow. I miss a lot of picture opps with my 2 year old.

So I started looking again at iOS and realized that I could go Next and get the 6 and just do that for a year and switch once a year. I take such good care of my devices that it isn't an issue getting decent dollar for them and this would be an easy way to curb my phone addiction.

Sorry for the long response, but this is kind of where I'm at now with devices.
    08-21-2014 09:12 AM
    Yeah, I figured it was you just by the name and similar profile photo. It's going well. I'm actually on a Nexus 5 again right now. I used a 5S for a bit and really liked it, but money swayed me to Android again. You just get more bang for your buck with Android. I also missed the bigger screen. But I've always liked iOS, and the experience there is so just so much smoother. The connection between devices is just insane. But it's also so much more expensive to go all iOS. I like having my phone/tablet/and netbook and it's a good amount more expensive to be all Apple (up front). But I'm starting to notice that it's going to be more expensive when I'm constantly switching phones and tablets on Android. The only way it would work out better for me is if I stayed with Nexus devices. But every Android phone is missing something, too. Even the Nexus has issues with battery and the camera is a bit slow. I miss a lot of picture opps with my 2 year old.

So I started looking again at iOS and realized that I could go Next and get the 6 and just do that for a year and switch once a year. I take such good care of my devices that it isn't an issue getting decent dollar for them and this would be an easy way to curb my phone addiction.

Sorry for the long response, but this is kind of where I'm at now with devices.
    I agree with you about the price of iOS devices. You can get a lot more from Android for a lot cheaper. But I have really come to love my iOS devices and I'm not looking to switch anytime soon. Now that I have the iPad Air and the 5S, I should be good for a while. I don't know if I'm going to get the 6. I think that I'm going to just stick with my 5S for a another year and get the iPhone phablet if it actually comes out.

08-21-2014 04:05 PM
    I agree with you about the price of iOS devices. You can get a lot more from Android for a lot cheaper. But I have really come to love my iOS devices and I'm not looking to switch anytime soon. Now that I have the iPad Air and the 5S, I should be good for a while. I don't know if I'm going to get the 6. I think that I'm going to just stick with my 5S for a another year and get the iPhone phablet if it actually comes out.

Yeah, the bang for your buck is always on the Android side of things. But you get a much better, cohesive experience on iOS/Mac, that also has much more longevity. I like Android. Switching to iOS isn't going to change anything. But I'm just looking for that more cohesive, worry-free, hassle-free experience that I can get from Apple. After I bought that Mini off of you, I picked up a 5S and a refurb MacBook Air. I'll most likely sell the 5S and get the 6 when it comes out and use Next for it. Then I'll just be in the once a year cycle. Although it costs a lot more to switch to iOS/Mac up front, I think it'll actually save me in the long run. I think the biggest issue that Android has is that there isn't that one phone that has EVERYTHING - and Android skins get in the way (so I guess that was two big issues). Every phone is missing something. Be it camera, battery life, storage, updates or lack thereof, issues that go unattended, etc. There's ALWAYS something wrong or missing.
    08-21-2014 10:35 PM
    Yeah, the bang for your buck is always on the Android side of things. But you get a much better, cohesive experience on iOS/Mac, that also has much more longevity. I like Android. Switching to iOS isn't going to change anything. But I'm just looking for that more cohesive, worry-free, hassle-free experience that I can get from Apple. After I bought that Mini off of you, I picked up a 5S and a refurb MacBook Air. I'll most likely sell the 5S and get the 6 when it comes out and use Next for it. Then I'll just be in the once a year cycle. Although it costs a lot more to switch to iOS/Mac up front, I think it'll actually save me in the long run. I think the biggest issue that Android has is that there isn't that one phone that has EVERYTHING - and Android skins get in the way (so I guess that was two big issues). Every phone is missing something. Be it camera, battery life, storage, updates or lack thereof, issues that go unattended, etc. There's ALWAYS something wrong or missing.
    I think the same could be said for the iPhone. There always seems to be something missing. Not that it bothers me. But it seems to be the case.

08-21-2014 10:48 PM
65 123