After WWDC....No more regrets having a 5s (and iOS)

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought 5s around 3 weeks back.

Sacrificed my swiftkey , widgets and app-to-app communication ............ of Android and jumped to iOS.

I use 3 widgets mainly on my Android which are : Music , Calendar and Twitter
Apart from twitter , other two are no problem because calendar and music is accessed using NC and control center any time I want (which is not even possible in Android)

After iOS 8 announcement , I got blown away....3rd party keyboard support ! and Widgets in NC !

Only thing left is multi-window on iPad...

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Right? Before this announcement I was interested buying another android phone to get back some of the features I've been missing, but after this update got announced I have no reason to anymore. Any little things that have bugged me over the couple months of use what've been addressed. At this point, I'm perfectly willing to keep the 5s for at least another generation.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Sacrificed my swiftkey , widgets and app-to-app communication ............ of Android and jumped to iOS.

Apart from twitter , other two are no problem because calendar and music is accessed using NC and control center any time I want (which is not even possible in Android)

After iOS 8 announcement , I got blown away....3rd party keyboard support ! and Widgets in NC !

Widgets....did somebody mention WIDGETS??.....This is a GOOD thing. SMILE

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I was interested buying another android phone to get back some of the features I've been missing, but after this update got announced I have no reason to anymore.

I'm curious to know what features were you missing from Android and what features were announced by Apple to cause you to no longer need an Android phone?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to know what features were you missing from Android and what features were announced by Apple to cause you to no longer need an Android phone?

Since Windows Mobile, I have been using Swype keyboard for text entering it's become my main way of entering text on my phone on WM and android. Now I get to have that back.

Inter-app capability is another huge thing for me. When I want to send a picture in Photos to a friend who uses Google Hangouts, I have to leave the Photos app, open Hangouts and send it that way, if Apple allows more third party apps in the share menu to allow me to send the pic from photos that would save me a noticeable amount of time on my day.

The Actionable widgets demo on the keynote is literally exactly a situation I have sometime and is something that I really haven't seen in android, actually having the ability to bid up an auction from the notification is HUGE for me.

Aaaand I can't remember much else from that conference now... I recall saying about 15 times "FINALLY" but I'm drawing a blank. I'll have to watch it again.

There are some things like TV Portal and whatnot on android that can't be gotten on iOS for very obvious legal reasons, but I think I would have had to stop using that kind of stuff eventually anyway.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since Windows Mobile, I have been using Swype keyboard for text entering it's become my main way of entering text on my phone on WM and android. Now I get to have that back.

Inter-app capability is another huge thing for me. When I want to send a picture in Photos to a friend who uses Google Hangouts, I have to leave the Photos app, open Hangouts and send it that way, if Apple allows more third party apps in the share menu to allow me to send the pic from photos that would save me a noticeable amount of time on my day.

The Actionable widgets demo on the keynote is literally exactly a situation I have sometime and is something that I really haven't seen in android, actually having the ability to bid up an auction from the notification is HUGE for me.

Aaaand I can't remember much else from that conference now... I recall saying about 15 times "FINALLY" but I'm drawing a blank. I'll have to watch it again.

There are some things like TV Portal and whatnot on android that can't be gotten on iOS for very obvious legal reasons, but I think I would have had to stop using that kind of stuff eventually anyway.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Right? Before this announcement I was interested buying another android phone to get back some of the features I've been missing, but after this update got announced I have no reason to anymore. Any little things that have bugged me over the couple months of use what've been addressed. At this point, I'm perfectly willing to keep the 5s for at least another generation.

That's awesome!! Glad Apple gave you a reason to stick around:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2