Who is running iOS 8 beta on their 5S

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
25 respring a? Woah. I had a couple yesterday. And I notice a bit of Lag with the keyboard now.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

It depends on which I device u use I suppose. On my iPhone 5s A1457, only Settings app is real buggy and Tapatalk Pro gets crazy when u use it a lot and Facebook video doesn't play in the app. But for normal use, there is not much to complain about. I've had several phone calls and FaceTime calls today and no issues at all.

It all comes down to using DFU mode when installing the beta. Those who didn't are complaining the worst

jtuck0418

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my 5s, overall it's pretty smooth.. Some bugs here and there.. Only big thing is quicktype predictions disappeared from my device this morning...many one else experience this?

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there others, other than the one already mentioned in the thread, that are experiencing issues with email or email not working at all?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
While I was able to get it running fine, with close to no bumps along the way. I missed the reassuring feeling of a stable OS.

JmBApps

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It is a good thing you do not use 'zoom' feature....you would not be so happy with it.....at first. ;o)
I still cant delete emails...it crashes everytime. iPhone5 model1429

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am liking iOS 8. A few bugs but not to bad. Should get an update soon. Only one app I have doesn't work and crashes so not too bad. A few minor things.

I am going to keep it on my phone to get the updates, unless it get worse. I came from Android and would always root my phone and run custom roms and you want to see buggy use custom roms. The iOS Beta is smoother than a lot of the custom roms I would run on my Android phones.

The one feature I want to test out is the Battery Usage to learn what apps are using the most battery. This is something I used on Android a lot and Apple should of had.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For the best experience with any Beta, just like custom roms in Android, it best to install it at night and let it sit overnight. This will let it settle in.

I have done this with Android and iOS and find it helps.

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Also I have seen that the bugs are different for the models of the 5s. Remember CDMA vs. GSM so when you write please put your model of 5s so we can try to recreate it to know if it could be the model and not the software.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Trust me it's Beta 1.. It doesn't matter what device or cell band it is.. It's not like we are going to solve Apples iOS issues in Beta unless there is development we are taking about...

iOS doesn't settle..... It's a false impression someone gave it a term back in the day and people listened.....

#Offsoapbox

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Have betas on the following,
iOS 8 on iPhone 5s and iPad 4, as well as OS X Yosemite on the MacBook Pro 15". (Also running Xcode 6 beta). Everything is going good so far. (Did clean installs)

I did notice something unusual after start up on the MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite, the temperature went sky high and the fans kicked into high for a bit, (first time they have ever kicked into high gear since I got the MacBook) battery usage was also high for about an hour. Battery usage now seems to be back to normal as far as I can tell, but the fans are on a little more often than with OS X Mavericks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

chris_26

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my 5s, overall it's pretty smooth.. Some bugs here and there.. Only big thing is quicktype predictions disappeared from my device this morning...many one else experience this?

it's probably hiding. If you have emojis as a second keyboard language you might see the little world icon next to the space key. Hold it and it should pop up options one for english, emoji and then predictive keyboard : ON or OFF...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner