Will you download ios 8 today? If released

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering how many of you will be installing iOS 8 today if possible, or would you rather wait until all the creases have been ironed out? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If possible, yes. I don't have a developer account though, so chances are I won't be able to.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What to expect: If it does come out - it will be a developer only thing...and there won't be any back-door like there was in the past... but, we could always find out otherwise...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide weather or not to install the iOS 8 betas... But I know for sure that I'll be installing the GM version when that releases.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
If possible, yes. I don't have a developer account though, so chances are I won't be able to.

I don't have a developers account either :( it's something I have looked into in the past though

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
What to expect: If it does come out - it will be a developer only thing...and there won't be any back-door like there was in the past... but, we could always find out otherwise...

Maybe Apple will surprise us ;)

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you think they will be staying with the overall like of iOS 7 or issue a brand new look again for iOS 8?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you think they will be staying with the overall like of iOS 7 or issue a brand new look again for iOS 8?

It would be a bad situation if they overhauled the UI this early and there's really nothing wrong with the look of it now other than the parallax from hell.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I would not install it today unless it was the GM or public release version. Also, since I plan on getting the next iPhone version, I prefer to use iOS 8 on it....:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Changes will likely be subtle - and in the form of refining things... there won't be anything like the differences between iOS6 and iOS7.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a developer account so probably yes. (And I'm willing to deal with an instability in having a beta on my daily driver)

In the past if you have downloaded another iOS before release with your developer account, have you ever found your iphone to be unusable?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have and no I've never had the phone be unusable just unstable with some re springs and some apps stop working like if they were using an API no linger available in the new iOS version. And just some general quirkiness.

At least the device has been useable, I am considering joining the developer program

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I continue to be amazed and this whole feeding frenzy. As I understand it, the purpose of what Apple calls “developer previews” and “developer beta” is to allow developers to begin tweaking and testing their apps to take advantage the new features and to test for compatibility. It was my understanding that it is NOT an “early adopter” option for people who have no reason to have it. And to see that some are looking into purchasing a developers account JUST to get the beta release baffles me beyond words.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
If you do, just be sure not to leave bad reviews in the App Store for apps that aren't working. It would be almost impossible for you to know whether the problem related to you running a beta or an unrelated problem with the app. By all means though, contact the developer and let them know.

Thank you :) I might sign up now, just so I can get ios8 ASAP

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If possible, right away irrespective of the performance issue etc(if any)

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711