I just purchased iphone 5s space grey and yeah this device looks really beautiful and satisfying. I uses Nexus 5 before and i stoll keep it but iphone 5s is my daily driver. The reason why i bought this phone is i want to feel jailbreaking ios but unfortunately it come with ios 7.1 out of the box ( unthetered jailbreak only available until 7.0.6, right?) because i got bored of rooting android ๐Ÿ˜‚. I also purchased nillkin tempered glass which made it's screen even beautifuler although it's small. And yeah that's my story and i can't wait till evasi0n release a unthetered jailbreak for ios 7.1.x. And i have to ask what apps do you guys recommends for me as an new ios user? Thanks! And sorry for my terrible english and horrible thread โœŒ๏ธ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlexJ92 and nikkisharif like this.
    06-02-2014 08:43 AM
    I feel your pain. I got the 7.1 update the day I bought the phone without realizing I would lose jailbreak ability. It's still a really nice phone but I'm getting jealous of all the cool things I'm seeing people do with jailbreak here. Hopefully we will see some form of jailbreak on the next version of iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-02-2014 08:49 AM
    Welcome, I moved from the HTC one m7 which I had custom software installed, I was also looking forward to jailbreaking but I purchased my 5S yesterday and had the latest firmware installed already on the device

06-02-2014 09:01 AM
    Although the article is a bit old, the information therein still applies, in my opinion...

Top 10 best apps for new iPhone users | iMore
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-02-2014 09:05 AM
    Look on the bright side you might be able to install iOS 8 today.
    Well an iOS 8 beta.

Oh and welcome to iMore.
    06-02-2014 09:06 AM
    I feel your pain. I got the 7.1 update the day I bought the phone without realizing I would lose jailbreak ability. It's still a really nice phone but I'm getting jealous of all the cool things I'm seeing people do with jailbreak here. Hopefully we will see some form of jailbreak on the next version of iOS.

Yeah it's still pretty with stock ui, but we can make it much prettier with jb

Welcome, I moved from the HTC one m7 which I had custom software installed, I was also looking forward to jailbreaking but I purchased my 5S yesterday and had the latest firmware installed already on the device

I used to have m7 too btw

Although the article is a bit old, the information therein still applies, in my opinion...

Top 10 best apps for new iPhone users | iMore
    Thanks i will take a look at it

Look on the bright side you might be able to install iOS 8 today.
    Well an iOS 8 beta.

Oh and welcome to iMore.
    Oh no , if i install ios8 that's mean i can't jailbreak my phone much longer
    06-02-2014 12:52 PM
    I just purchased iphone 5s space grey and yeah this device looks really beautiful and satisfying. I uses Nexus 5 before and i stoll keep it but iphone 5s is my daily driver. The reason why i bought this phone is i want to feel jailbreaking ios but unfortunately it come with ios 7.1 out of the box ( unthetered jailbreak only available until 7.0.6, right?) because i got bored of rooting android ๐Ÿ˜‚. I also purchased nillkin tempered glass which made it's screen even beautifuler although it's small. And yeah that's my story and i can't wait till evasi0n release a unthetered jailbreak for ios 7.1.x. And i have to ask what apps do you guys recommends for me as an new ios user? Thanks! And sorry for my terrible english and horrible thread โœŒ๏ธ

What made you leave the HTC one then? For me it was the battery life and just overall boredom of the phone lol

06-02-2014 01:36 PM
    What made you leave the HTC one then? For me it was the battery life and just overall boredom of the phone lol

That was purple tint

06-02-2014 01:42 PM
    That was purple tint

2 of my friends had the HTC one and both of those moved to the iphone, the HTC one was very well made but had a lot of issues

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    06-02-2014 04:26 PM
    Welcome to iMore!!!
    06-02-2014 04:39 PM
    2 of my friends had the HTC one and both of those moved to the iphone, the HTC one was very well made but had a lot of issues

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    Yeah i was a lot of issues ican't even handle so i decided to sold it then bought nexus 5 ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome to iMore!!!
    Thank ya!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2014 12:01 PM