How do you forward a message you received if it only contains numerics?

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes iOS is brilliantly dumb. Can anyone of you tell me how to forward a message you received if it only contains numerics. Press hold menu doesn't have forward function for numbers only message.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Message forwarding

I'm kind of confused. Can you include a screenshot maybe?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Tap and hold on message until you see "copy and more" tap on more, the message will be automatically selected, and at the lower right Conner, you will see a arrow pointing to the right, tap on that arrow to forward the message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

It's a little tricky when the message bubble only has numerics. You have to try to tap and hold down a part of the bubble and not the numerals so you can accomplish what was said in the previous post. I know the frustration of what you're asking. It is kind of a PITA.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

It's a little tricky when the message bubble only has numerics. You have to try to tap and hold down a part of the bubble and not the numerals so you can accomplish what was said in the previous post. I know the frustration of what you're asking. It is kind of a PITA.

Thanks. You understood my problem. It only happens when fully or most of your msg contains numbers. I think apple should come up with a new method to forward mags easily. It's kind of frustrating and certainly not something you expect from apple devices.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. You understood my problem. It only happens when fully or most of your msg contains numbers. I think apple should come up with a new method to forward mags easily. It's kind of frustrating and certainly not something you expect from apple devices.

Ohhhh, I apologize for my ignorance in that earlier message :( I would've suggested tapping and holding (or double tapping) another message in the thread and hitting more then uncheck that message that doesn't have the numbers and check the message that has the numbers and then forward. It's a little bit faster I guess.. BUT if there isn't any other message in the thread you would have to do what the above commentator said (press and hold the number bubble precisely where you don't hold the numbers :)

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Same problem goes with email addresses as well. If a SMS contains only an email address. You ll never be able to forward that msg. Unless you copy and paste it to a new thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73