Should I buy the iPhone 5S?

3neekimmy

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you missed the point predecessor means before successor means after.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I actually didn't. I said I understand the succession i.e. the order in which the devices are named whether predecessor or successor. Succession and successor have two different meanings, I believe you're the one with the misunderstanding. Point is I asked a question, the community helped and I bought an iPhone 5s..the end...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5s is a really nice upgrade. We assume the iPhone 6 will have more bells and whistles as they say. The 5s is an awesome device right now. For me it's not about having the latest and greatest.

3neekimmy

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5s is a really nice upgrade. We assume the iPhone 6 will have more bells and whistles as they say. The 5s is an awesome device right now. For me it's not about having the latest and greatest.

I was actually thinking of that, sticking with the 5S and waiting for the iPhone 6 'refresh' or '6S' because while I like the bells and whistles to an extent, I'm really enjoying the 5S, so basically if it aint broke...

acuratly87

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I recommend waiting. The WWDC will be June 2. At least see if the "iPhone 6" will be worth waiting for. It wouldn't be too bad to wait a couple days just to see what it's gonna be like before committing to the 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
All we know is that the 6 will be faster than the 5s I just hope it has more pixels and it can take better low light pictures

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Congrats. I literally just made the switch back myself. I left the iPhone in November to try the Note 3. Good at first but I definitely wears on you. Just picked up my 5s today. So far I'm glad to be back. I even tried the new blackberrys for a couple of months. Anyway. Welcome group it's good to be back.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Congrats. I literally just made the switch back myself. I left the iPhone in November to try the Note 3. Good at first but I definitely wears on you. Just picked up my 5s today. So far I'm glad to be back. I even tried the new blackberrys for a couple of months. Anyway. Welcome group it's good to be back.

Welcome back and enjoy your 5s, it is a great device.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back. The 5S is an awesome device. Enjoy!

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I would think that with the A7 chip the 5S would be able to handle anything thrown at it for the next 2 or 3 years. The more they keep talking about larger iPhones the more I'm not sure I'd want one too much bigger. I had an iPhone 5 since launch day, and it was a great phone. I gave in to the temptation and bought a Galaxy Note 2, and used it for a few months. Occasionally I'd switch back to my iPhone. In the end I sold my Note 2 on ebay and then Verizon offered me a good deal to upgrade to the 5S back in November. Recently I let my work add me to their AT&T account and they gave me a new Moto X. It's a great phone and I occasionally swap back and forth with my 5S. To be honest the Moto is about as large as I think I want my phones to be. I can use it one handed and that's something I missed when using the big Note. I wouldn't mind seeing Apple go a little larger, but not crazy big like the Note line or similar. All of that long winded post comes back to my first point. The 5S is a powerhouse phone that will serve anyone well for the next couple of years. Unless you're wanting the bigger size I'd recommend anyone go for it and take advantage of some cheaper deals right now.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would think that with the A7 chip the 5S would be able to handle anything thrown at it for the next 2 or 3 years. The more they keep talking about larger iPhones the more I'm not sure I'd want one too much bigger. I had an iPhone 5 since launch day, and it was a great phone. I gave in to the temptation and bought a Galaxy Note 2, and used it for a few months. Occasionally I'd switch back to my iPhone. In the end I sold my Note 2 on ebay and then Verizon offered me a good deal to upgrade to the 5S back in November. Recently I let my work add me to their AT&T account and they gave me a new Moto X. It's a great phone and I occasionally swap back and forth with my 5S. To be honest the Moto is about as large as I think I want my phones to be. I can use it one handed and that's something I missed when using the big Note. I wouldn't mind seeing Apple go a little larger, but not crazy big like the Note line or similar. All of that long winded post comes back to my first point. The 5S is a powerhouse phone that will serve anyone well for the next couple of years. Unless you're wanting the bigger size I'd recommend anyone go for it and take advantage of some cheaper deals right now.

I got a great deal from Verizon on three 5S's. It was too good to pass up. The 5S will be compatible for at least the next couple years.