Should I buy the iPhone 5S?

3neekimmy

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So the iPhone 6 or whatever they plan to call the predecessor of the iPhone 5S will be launched soon enough and I was wondering if I should still buy the iPhone 5S or hold off till maybe September or so when the iPhone 6 will be available in my country depending on when its released. What do you guy think I already have one and I love it but I'm giving it to my mom so she can join the Apple fam, but I just don't know if I should hold off for the '6' or just buy the 5S and maybe sell when the 6 comes out. Advice??

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just bought three 5S's yesterday for myself and my kids. I had all three upgrades available and I chose not to wait. I also got a great deal at Verizon. As you know the 5S is an awesome device and frankly I'll be happy with this device for a couple of years. Do what makes sense and is best for you. Good luck!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go and if you already have not get one in your hand and play with it and see how it feels and what you think of it. Living outside the U.S. you have no idea when we get the new 6 as opposed to your country and nobody really know what the new phone is going to be. I think as mentioned before had from my fellow Ambassador, I think you would be very happy with it.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just came from a 2 year stint with Android. Had the S4 and had the Nexus 5. I was going to wait for the 6 but couldn't handle the battery life on my nexus anymore as well as the data drops etc. Sold the nexus 5 for $300 and then paid the $250 early upgrade fee and picked up the 5S. Couldn't be happier. Very happy to be back with iPhone.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The predecessor of the iPhone 5S was the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 would be the successor. Sorry, these things bug me.

To answer your question, if you can hold out for the summer I would. If not the 5S is an awesome device.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you want a new phone now then just buy the 5S. If you're always waiting for the next phone then you'll always be waiting.

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
The predecessor of the iPhone 5S was the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 would be the successor. Sorry, these things bug me.

To answer your question, if you can hold out for the summer I would. If not the 5S is an awesome device.

Thank you for shining light on that truly I was about to until I saw your post

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Just bought spouse a 5S; coming from an Iphone 4. While there was not a great difference on the outside we all know the advancements between an iphone 4 and 5s. Needless to say, I got a happy camper spouse.

3neekimmy

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Actually I understand the name succession of the devices an how obvious it will be, however there are a few people who get on you for calling it the "iPhone 6" when according to them "it just maybe different" which is why in my post I catered for them and people like yourself who subscribe to the "name succession theory" for lack of a better term....But thanks everyone I'm buying a 5S today!

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So the iPhone 6 or whatever they plan to call the predecessor of the iPhone 5S will be launched soon enough and I was wondering if I should still buy the iPhone 5S or hold off till maybe September or so when the iPhone 6 will be available in my country depending on when its released. What do you guy think I already have one and I love it but I'm giving it to my mom so she can join the Apple fam, but I just don't know if I should hold off for the '6' or just buy the 5S and maybe sell when the 6 comes out. Advice??

At this stage in the game... WAIT!!! You'll be able to maximize your time with the latest and greatest once the 6 comes out!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually I understand the name succession of the devices an how obvious it will be, however there are a few people who get on you for calling it the "iPhone 6" when according to them "it just maybe different" which is why in my post I catered for them and people like yourself who subscribe to the "name succession theory" for lack of a better term....But thanks everyone I'm buying a 5S today!

Congrats your mom will be happy. Hope she enjoys her 5S!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Got a Gold 16GB would've had to wait till next week for the 32GB and that wasn't gonna happen, was way too anxious *like I didn't have one before -_-* but thanks for the help guys!

That I would of waited for... Personally

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I think you missed the point predecessor means before successor means after.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative