So it's the OEM charger that prevents the device from overcharging?
    If so I assume the OEM charger also prevents an iPad from being overcharged. Right?
    TIA
    Yes, the OEM charger prevents the iPad from overcharging as well. Some third-party chargers do the same but not all so it's always safer to buy OEM.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    05-27-2014 09:07 PM
    Yes, the OEM charger prevents the iPad from overcharging as well. Some third-party chargers do the same but not all so it's always safer to buy OEM.
    Tks Jake
    Good Luck
    05-27-2014 09:09 PM
    If you are charging through a USB port on a Mac or PC the device will overcharge?
    05-28-2014 06:34 AM
    If you are charging through a USB port on a Mac or PC the device will overcharge?
    No.
    05-28-2014 07:38 AM
    The way these batteries are made today, there's really no such thing as overcharging anymore.
    05-28-2014 01:05 PM
    I almost always charge mine overnight. I charge every other day usually, putting it on the charger around bedtime and taking it off when I get up. I use OEM chargers.
    05-28-2014 02:44 PM
    To answer your question....

Yep! .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-28-2014 02:46 PM
    Leaving it on the charger overnight has not hurt me in the past. I no longer do the same as I have a long drive everyday and I charge my phone in the car.

But, I do have a comment on the app you are using - sleep cycle. It is a good app that measures your REM sleep but having a phone close to you at night actually affects your sleep pattern as one is more inclined to use it right before going to bed and right after waking up. Results have shown that is actually affecting your sleep. So using an app to monitor you sleep pattern and actually messing up the pattern is kind of contradictory.

If you feel drowsy in the morning and need a lot of caffeine to function that means you are not getting enough sleep. Just my 2 cents.
    jbmaglunog likes this.
    05-29-2014 04:07 PM
    I've always charged my phones overnight all the way back to the big ole analog phones. I've never had a problem with the batteries. I rarely fail to make it through a 16 hour day without some battery life left. I do always try to use the genuine Apple chargers or whatever brand phone I'm using at the time. I do have a couple of the Belkin or other brand chargers I'll use occasionally in the car if we've gone somewhere and used the phones so much that we can't make it home. I usually will just charge a while to make sure I'm OK till we're home and ready for bed.
    05-30-2014 12:57 PM
    I don't think it causes any problems, but what about the cycle life of the battery?

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    jbmaglunog likes this.
    06-03-2014 06:16 AM
    I don't think it causes any problems, but what about the cycle life of the battery?

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    From my 'research', the iPhone stops getting juice from the charger at 100%, drops to about 97-98%, and then trickle charges back to 100% when left. I think that 2-3% recharge consumes part of one recharge cycle, like Apple stated in their website here: https://www.apple.com/au/batteries/

I personally think it affects the battery in the long run. Cheers
    mumfoau, AlexJ92 and TurboTiger like this.
    06-03-2014 06:36 AM
    From my 'research', the iPhone stops getting juice from the charger at 100%, drops to about 97-98%, and then trickle charges back to 100% when left. I think that 2-3% recharge consumes part of one recharge cycle, like Apple stated in their website here: https://www.apple.com/au/batteries/

I personally think it affects the battery in the long run. Cheers
    Thank you for that information, luckily I always allow my battery to fully drain before I charge it

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    06-03-2014 08:15 AM
37 12