Hypothetically speaking: glass iPhone 5/5S

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If apple were to never have "updated" the look of both iPhone 5/5S/5C and kept the glass form factor of the 4/4S with all the same features the phone carry now and the same length and size, would you still have upgraded to the new iPhones?

So basically the exact same phone your caring now, in glass form with the same color options as we have now, or would you have moved on to a new os?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
No. Then I'd definitely have to case my phone in fear of breaking the glass.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I came for the software. Hardware isn't really a factor.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the glass better, it feels like I'm using a premium device compared to metal.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I like the glass better, it feels like I'm using a premium device compared to metal.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

The metal (aluminum) doesn't feel premium?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but I'm glad they chose to use metal and glass in conjunction with one another rather than either material alone. It creates a remarkably striking design.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I loved the glass back... and I only shattered it twice. Which is the issue with glass. As beautiful as it is, I think it's enough to worry about one side of the phone the second you realize your phone's falling. Yes it was easy to replace, but to me it just made it that tad too fragile. The 5S aluminum body is perfect from my pov, especially in space grey, very sleek like the glass iPhones, but also sturdy.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
To be honest i like the look of the glass better but I like the feeling of the metal.

ctl904

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Call me crazy, and I know I'll be in the minority here, but I would take the woven material feel of a Moto X for my 5s seven days a week.