My son went from an iphone to a samsung. When I text him it is trying to go through as an IMessage and won't send. Any suggestions ? They go through as blue but he isn't getting them. I can turn IMessage off and he gets them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-15-2014 08:36 AM
    My son went from an iphone to a samsung. When I text him it is trying to go through as an IMessage and won't send. Any suggestions ? They go through as blue but he isn't getting them. I can turn IMessage off and he gets them.

You need to disable iMessage on his Apple account. You can do this online or by calling Apple. You also need to remove his account from the iPhone. You should see it clear up within 24 hours if everything goes well
    05-15-2014 08:37 AM
    Ok. Thanks

05-15-2014 08:40 AM
    Also, hold down on the message you sent and go with "Send As Text Message." Your phone will recognize that he's not on iMessage after that.
    Tartarus and BlaineP like this.
    05-16-2014 02:04 PM
    I just read that Apple is being sued for iMessage and it might be a class action suit.

As mentioned above, turn of iMessage before switching phones is the best solution... assuming you still have the phone.
    BlaineP likes this.
    05-16-2014 02:58 PM
    I just read that Apple is being sued for iMessage and it might be a class action suit.

As mentioned above, turn of iMessage before switching phones is the best solution... assuming you still have the phone.
    It doesnt always work. They need to fix this.
    BlaineP likes this.
    05-16-2014 03:11 PM
    You can also deregister the iPhone in your iTunes Acct online. If he still has the phone he should turn off iMessage under wifi, logout of iTunes too and delete his iCloud Acct.
    BlaineP likes this.
    05-16-2014 08:09 PM
    You can also deregister the iPhone in your iTunes Acct online. If he still has the phone he should turn off iMessage under wifi, logout of iTunes too and delete his iCloud Acct.
    What if someone no longer has an iPhone but wants to keep their iCloud account?
    05-17-2014 03:14 PM
    What if someone no longer has an iPhone but wants to keep their iCloud account?
    You don't have to delete the iCloud account. It's just an option available.
    05-17-2014 04:18 PM