Hi All,

I can't deal with android I want to go back to iPhone 5s, Everything I have at home is apple so it used to be a great smooth communication between devices..

I had iPhone 5 and gave it to my phone provider ( O2 ) so I can get a cheaper deal for Samsung note 3 and I thought that was a good idea at that time. A phone is a big part of everyone's life and I think I don't feel at home with this big Samsung guy.

Can anyone help me with advice or (redacted)

Trading my 1 month old Samsung note 3 for iPhone 5s-samsung-galaxynote3-handson-4.jpg.png
    Trading my 1 month old Samsung note 3 for iPhone 5s-samsung-galaxynote3-handson-2.jpg.png

many thanks
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 05-13-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Removed request of trade
    05-13-2014 12:00 PM
    Welcome to iMore Mila

The Note 3 is a good phone but you will find it hard to find someone to trade with a 5s
    05-13-2014 12:12 PM
    You can try and go back to your provider and see what they can do for you
    05-13-2014 12:13 PM
    Good call. I would never go android because my MacBook and my phone are connected together in many ways. Plus I can't live without iMessage because all my friends got iPhones. Yeah whatsapp is there but iMessage is more convenient.
    rdubmu likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:13 PM
    Welcome to iMore Mila

Sorry to hear about your dilemma but the G3 is two generations old so your not gonna get anyone to trade you for a 5s maybe a 4s if your lucky
    It's a Note 3
    05-13-2014 12:14 PM
    It's a Note 3
    Yeah I just edited it
    05-13-2014 12:19 PM
    What provider is O2 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-13-2014 12:20 PM
    What provider is O2 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe it's England
    geezio likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:35 PM
    You are definitely not the first one to trade android for iOS. A friend of my sold his S4 with $200 loss, just to get a iPhone 5. He didn't even blink an eye about the money.
    05-13-2014 12:44 PM
    I believe it's England
    Yep, it's England
    05-13-2014 12:45 PM
    I just recently made an even trade with my Note 3 for a 5S. I used Craigslist, just have them meet you at the carrier store.
    05-13-2014 01:21 PM
    Guess I got proven wrong
    05-13-2014 01:29 PM
    I am currently using both 5s and GS4.

Both are good in their own way.
    Android and Google Eco system made me hostile with some things recently.

Oh yes , iOS feels like home always....

5s is seriously one of the best purchases I have ever made. It's a delight to use (remembering back my iPod touch days)

Sent from phone
    05-13-2014 02:43 PM
    The second hand market in the US is very different compared to Australia. Here we can always sell phones for a good reasonable price and get another one.
    05-13-2014 04:12 PM
    I briefly had the Galaxy S4 and it was a wonderful phone but however I was more into the iCloud ecosystem and wanted to go back to the iPhone. However I went on to spend full retail on my iPhone 5S and sold my S4 to cover some of the money spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sanjay Chandra likes this.
    05-13-2014 11:50 PM
    Hi Mila and welcome to iMore.

If you're in the UK (which I suspect if 02 is your provider) then forget Craigslist as we don't have that over here.

I think that you should try contacting 02 first and tell them your predicament and see what they say. most providers may well be happy to change phones for you, especially if it's only a month old. If it's just inside the month, you may be luckier, so get onto them as quickly as you can.

Failing that, try CEX - https://uk.webuy.com/ - as they have reasonable trade-in prices for the Note 3. They offer about 310 in store credit and they also sell the 5S too so you may well be able to get one at a vastly discounted price. It's what i'm looking into to swap my Note 3 to replace my broken iPhone.
    05-14-2014 02:13 AM
    I'm sure you'll be able to trade it with someone. I traded my Note 2 for another iPhone 5 when they were the flagships.
    05-14-2014 08:35 AM
    Welcome to iMore Mila

The Note 3 is a good phone but you will find it hard to find someone to trade with a 5s
    but you will find it hard to find someone to trade with a 5s on iMore* I would do it, but I'm on Sprint, so an O2 Note3 won't do me much good. Plus, I just have a spare 5c (from a coworker, it's Sprint and has a past due bill) sitting here, not a 5s.
    05-14-2014 11:32 AM
    Do you have a return policy? That is your best bet. Other than that you might loose some money on trading the same to someone else and buying the iPhone outright.
    05-16-2014 10:36 AM
    it's better if you just find a friend or someone off craigslist who wants to trade their iPhone 5S for a samsung note 3. it would be better than opening up a new line at your carrier store or just complicating things more. just a straight trade would probably be best.
    05-17-2014 12:39 AM
    What were your issues with the phone? Size? Android?
    05-17-2014 01:38 AM
    One of the benefits of Verizon edge program is the trade in portion where you don't have to wait 2 years.
    05-18-2014 10:10 AM
    I think September can chime in since she's got a Note 3 in addition to the iPhone she's got...
    05-18-2014 10:14 AM
    You may wish to try Craigslist if it services the area which you live. Many people go to Craigslist in an attempt to trade devices. I would advise that you use precaution with such services and choose to meet in a mutually agreeable place, such as your carrier's store. You will be surprised by the amount of people out there willing to trade an iphone 5S for the Galaxy Note 3. Good luck!!
    For the benefit of US readers, I would like to remind everyone that we currently have a war between t-Mobile and AT&T - and both of them offer very generous offers and buy-back options for people ready to switch their carrier:

T-Mobile will offer new customers coming from AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint up to a $300 credit to trade-in their phone with the purchase of a T-Mobile device and a Simple Choice Plan.

AT&T – tradin - https://tradein-program.att.com/home.php5?c=en-us
    With a new initiative unveiled on Friday, AT&T is offering customers an incentive of up to $450 per line to switch their service away from T-Mobile.
    05-18-2014 08:14 PM
    I've got a Note 3. I had an iPhone 5s. I ended up selling my 5s though. I just never took to the light aluminum feel. I do have a 5c I'm currently using and love though.

I have to say, I do enjoy my Note 3. It functions well and it's not a horrific experience using it. It's fast, nimble, and it runs everything like a beast. It's my tablet pretty much.

Now saying that, it's too big for me to really use as a phone. It doesn't have the call quality of the iPhone. They did cut a few corners via home button and charging port.

I do think that if you are unhappy, try to find someone to trade you for a 5s. I'm sure there are people out there who would be happy to do the swap. =)

Just don't let yourself get too upset. Try to enjoy what you've got for a bit if you absolutely can't return it. If it sincerely doesn't work out, you'll still have options. If you're 100% sure you can't deal and you're within a return policy, I'd just return it.

Don't make yourself stick with something you absolutely hate. I tried that with getting 3 different Windows phones. Sometimes there are just things that won't jive with you, that's perfectly okay.

If you need advice or have questions, feel free to PM me!

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    05-18-2014 09:43 PM
34 12