Trading my 1 month old Samsung note 3 for iPhone 5s

ig91

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You may wish to try Craigslist if it services the area which you live. Many people go to Craigslist in an attempt to trade devices. I would advise that you use precaution with such services and choose to meet in a mutually agreeable place, such as your carrier's store. You will be surprised by the amount of people out there willing to trade an iphone 5S for the Galaxy Note 3. Good luck!!
For the benefit of US readers, I would like to remind everyone that we currently have a war between t-Mobile and AT&T - and both of them offer very generous offers and buy-back options for people ready to switch their carrier:

T-Mobile will offer new customers coming from AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint up to a $300 credit to trade-in their phone with the purchase of a T-Mobile device and a Simple Choice Plan.

AT&T – tradin - https://tradein-program.att.com/home.php5?c=en-us
With a new initiative unveiled on Friday, AT&T is offering customers an incentive of up to $450 per line to switch their service away from T-Mobile.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Note 3. I had an iPhone 5s. I ended up selling my 5s though. I just never took to the light aluminum feel. I do have a 5c I'm currently using and love though.

I have to say, I do enjoy my Note 3. It functions well and it's not a horrific experience using it. It's fast, nimble, and it runs everything like a beast. It's my tablet pretty much.

Now saying that, it's too big for me to really use as a phone. It doesn't have the call quality of the iPhone. They did cut a few corners via home button and charging port.

I do think that if you are unhappy, try to find someone to trade you for a 5s. I'm sure there are people out there who would be happy to do the swap. =)

Just don't let yourself get too upset. Try to enjoy what you've got for a bit if you absolutely can't return it. If it sincerely doesn't work out, you'll still have options. If you're 100% sure you can't deal and you're within a return policy, I'd just return it.

Don't make yourself stick with something you absolutely hate. I tried that with getting 3 different Windows phones. Sometimes there are just things that won't jive with you, that's perfectly okay.

If you need advice or have questions, feel free to PM me!

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I tried to live with the iphone 5s, love the OS, hate the battery life and the small screen. So my expectation is the iPhone 6 will have the screen size, a much better battery, I mean do they think they can get away with a 1580mAh battery again when the competition is 2800mAh and higher.

I would love to see a 128GB iphone though, this way I could carry everything I need and use, music, movies, photo's etc.

As for Android vs iOS its really an equal world in but Android had the options for screen size and batteries you can swap out and be on the go in 30 seconds or less with a 100% charge. I don't mind the sealed battery or using Mophie (Space) for battery and storage but I just cant live with a 4" screen, I tried again but couldn't do it.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Sadly I tried to live with the iphone 5s, love the OS, hate the battery life and the small screen. So my expectation is the iPhone 6 will have the screen size, a much better battery, I mean do they think they can get away with a 1580mAh battery again when the competition is 2800mAh and higher.

I would love to see a 128GB iphone though, this way I could carry everything I need and use, music, movies, photo's etc.

As for Android vs iOS its really an equal world in but Android had the options for screen size and batteries you can swap out and be on the go in 30 seconds or less with a 100% charge. I don't mind the sealed battery or using Mophie (Space) for battery and storage but I just cant live with a 4" screen, I tried again but couldn't do it.

I regularly compare my battery life with my coworker's Note 3 and completely destroy that Note. Her phone will drop 10% and hour on a daily basis while I'm dropping maybe 3-4% an hour. Pretty much proves that the size of the battery means nothing compared to the apps that drain it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I regularly compare my battery life with my coworker's Note 3 and completely destroy that Note. Her phone will drop 10% and hour on a daily basis while I'm dropping maybe 3-4% an hour. Pretty much proves that the size of the battery means nothing compared to the apps that drain it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

It depends on usage of phone rather than battery size.....

Note and Galaxy S series on Qualcomm variants seem to have terrible battery life in real world usage.

My octa core GS4 can last 2.5 to 3 days with wifi ON (with Facebook, Email, Twitter, Whatsapp etc all turned on)

I get same battery life on both 5s and GS4 when using them normally.....

I think Note III can surpass 5s too easily (I am speaking of octa core version)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using iMore Forums mobile app

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It depends on usage of phone rather than battery size.....

Note and Galaxy S series on Qualcomm variants seem to have terrible battery life in real world usage.

My octa core GS4 can last 2.5 to 3 days with wifi ON (with Facebook, Email, Twitter, Whatsapp etc all turned on)

I get same battery life on both 5s and GS4 when using them normally.....

I think Note III can surpass 5s too easily (I am speaking of octa core version)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using iMore Forums mobile app

It definitely has something to do with the Qualcomm chip. I never hear anyone complain about the Octa-core variant anywhere, but when it comes to the US Note 3, everybody I work with has battery issues, lag, or some kind of app crashing. it really makes me wonder why there is even a difference between regions. I would have actually loved to use an Octa-Core processor. the battery using that lower core processor would probably beat the iPhone.

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
It definitely has something to do with the Qualcomm chip. I never hear anyone complain about the Octa-core variant anywhere, but when it comes to the US Note 3, everybody I work with has battery issues, lag, or some kind of app crashing. it really makes me wonder why there is even a difference between regions. I would have actually loved to use an Octa-Core processor. the battery using that lower core processor would probably beat the iPhone.

Even performance is bad on Qualcomm variants.
(Maybe throttling is the right word to use here )

After 4.4 update , My GS4 scored around 28000 range on antutu while US GS4 scored around 22000 range
(6000 difference !)

Let me link you the thread :

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...axy-s4-cpu-performance-throttled-4-4-2-a.html

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums app

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I like the look of the back of the Samsung Galaxy S5, and the back of the Note 3. But, I haven't been able to get used to the size of those devices. Rather odd, but while everyone else is getting used to bigger devices, I'm going in the opposite direction...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I like the look of the back of the Samsung Galaxy S5, and the back of the Note 3. But, I haven't been able to get used to the size of those devices. Rather odd, but while everyone else is getting used to bigger devices, I'm going in the opposite direction...

Me too actually. I've found smaller devices easier to use on the go, to carry with me when in just running a quick errand, and to talk on while I'm multitasking.

I don't really think I want to be moving up to huge phones again. My Note 3 is my tablet and my Z30, well it's still an awkward addition to my cellphone collection.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods