Trading my 1 month old Samsung note 3 for iPhone 5s

Mila Lolli

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I can't deal with android I want to go back to iPhone 5s, :crying: Everything I have at home is apple so it used to be a great smooth communication between devices..

I had iPhone 5 and gave it to my phone provider ( O2 ) so I can get a cheaper deal for Samsung note 3 and I thought that was a good idea at that time. A phone is a big part of everyone's life and I think I don't feel at home with this big Samsung guy.

Can anyone help me with advice or (redacted) :gold-star:

samsung-galaxynote3-handson-4.jpg.png
samsung-galaxynote3-handson-2.jpg.png

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Mila

The Note 3 is a good phone but you will find it hard to find someone to trade with a 5s

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Good call. I would never go android because my MacBook and my phone are connected together in many ways. Plus I can't live without iMessage because all my friends got iPhones. Yeah whatsapp is there but iMessage is more convenient.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You are definitely not the first one to trade android for iOS. A friend of my sold his S4 with $200 loss, just to get a iPhone 5. He didn't even blink an eye about the money.

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I just recently made an even trade with my Note 3 for a 5S. I used Craigslist, just have them meet you at the carrier store.

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using both 5s and GS4.

Both are good in their own way.
Android and Google Eco system made me hostile with some things recently.

Oh yes , iOS feels like home always....

5s is seriously one of the best purchases I have ever made. It's a delight to use (remembering back my iPod touch days)

Sent from phone

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The second hand market in the US is very different compared to Australia. Here we can always sell phones for a good reasonable price and get another one.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I briefly had the Galaxy S4 and it was a wonderful phone but however I was more into the iCloud ecosystem and wanted to go back to the iPhone. However I went on to spend full retail on my iPhone 5S and sold my S4 to cover some of the money spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mila and welcome to iMore.

If you're in the UK (which I suspect if 02 is your provider) then forget Craigslist as we don't have that over here.

I think that you should try contacting 02 first and tell them your predicament and see what they say. most providers may well be happy to change phones for you, especially if it's only a month old. If it's just inside the month, you may be luckier, so get onto them as quickly as you can.

Failing that, try CEX - https://uk.webuy.com/ - as they have reasonable trade-in prices for the Note 3. They offer about ?310 in store credit and they also sell the 5S too so you may well be able to get one at a vastly discounted price. It's what i'm looking into to swap my Note 3 to replace my broken iPhone.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you'll be able to trade it with someone. I traded my Note 2 for another iPhone 5 when they were the flagships.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Mila

The Note 3 is a good phone but you will find it hard to find someone to trade with a 5s

but you will find it hard to find someone to trade with a 5s on iMore* I would do it, but I'm on Sprint, so an O2 Note3 won't do me much good. Plus, I just have a spare 5c (from a coworker, it's Sprint and has a past due bill) sitting here, not a 5s.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a return policy? That is your best bet. Other than that you might loose some money on trading the same to someone else and buying the iPhone outright.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
it's better if you just find a friend or someone off craigslist who wants to trade their iPhone 5S for a samsung note 3. it would be better than opening up a new line at your carrier store or just complicating things more. just a straight trade would probably be best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox