iPhone vs Galaxy opinions....

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll just start ofF by saying I love my iPhone and how the operating system works and is so easy to use. But, It seems like more and more people are switching and buying the samsung galaxy than ever. I'm not trying to take a side of the galaxy, I just wanted someone's honest opinion who have owned and mastered both phones and their operating systems. Everyone who has one says they love it and you can do so much more with it than the iPhone. People say apple limits you ect. What can you exactly do that's more and what's the pros as cons of the galaxy? Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't pay any attention to what any of the people around you seem to be buying... just get whatever device best meets your needs and suits how you use the device, then don't look back afterwards.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a galaxy s4 that I'm selling for my brother. And that thing is so laggy! It's not even funny! My iPad mini first gen runs nicer than it does- with half the cores, 1/4 the RAM and less than half the clock speed. The GS5 may be better than that, but I've heard many people complaining about the pentile display as well. It ultimately comes down to what you prefer. You'll have a decent experience on any platform, but iOS is still the worlds most advanced mobile OS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I also see and hear more people leaving their iPhone and trying something different and then coming back to the iPhone and iOS. Just wanted people's honest non biest opinions who have used and owned both haha

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 and decided to try a Galaxy S4. Used it for about three months, decided that I wasn't a fan of Touch Wiz and switched to a Nexus 5. About six months later, I'm back on a 5s.

My honest advice, if you've been on iOS for a long time and like it, just stick with it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As an owner of both an iPhone and a Galaxy Note 3 (previously a Galaxy S3 and S2), I can say that as soon as the iPhone 6 comes out, i am getting rid of the Note 3 as quick as I can and moving over to iOS completely.

I have an iPhone for personal use and a Note 3 for work (because of the larger screen) and I find that I am getting sick of Android's flaky nature. Whilst you can do more on Android,, such as customisation for instance, once you've customised your phone, you hardly customise it again.

The SD Card doesn't work properly sue to an error introduced in the last version of KitKat 4.4.2, so that is a pain in the proverbial.

If I had to pick one phone and forever use it from now until time immemorial, it would not be an Android device, that's for sure.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
The OP has to consider that he won't likely find many persons here on imore that tried galaxy and stuck with it in the long term/in the end. I'm not saying that the members here cannot contribute in a right way but the popular opinion will nearly always tend towards apple in an iCommunity. Go to an android community and they tell the opposite.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched to the Galaxy S4 from the iPhone5 and I loved it, customizing the homescreen with those fancy widgets and much larger screen. So what went wrong, well I had a flickering screen issue and if people thinks iPhone auto correct is the worse, try typing with that Galaxy phone. It's like a million times worse, I'd take iPhone's any day any time.

After 3 weeks, I switched back to iOS with the iPhone 5S. My upgrade will come in late March and I will get the iPhone 6 but not in 16GB. It is getting to the point where you can't put much anymore in a 16GB unit

At the end, iOS is the most user friendly OS and simple. Yes it's limited but I don't care, camera is better and very smooth.

In Flames

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I got an s4 last year for about three weeks because I wanted to try something new, and I couldn't handle it. I found the software very laggy and too many gimmicks added into the software ( bloatware ). I soon sold the s4 and purchased my 5s and haven't thought about Samsung again. I'm not against Samsung but it wasn't for me

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am an iOS user but my mom uses android. She bought it 3 months back. Now she is repenting as the phone lags and battery is very bad. Battery is not all that great on my iPhone 5 but compared to android it any day better. So my suggestion is always iOS.:yes:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just try both devices and see how both of them work, maybe use them for awhile, a few weeks and get acquainted with them. Stick with the one you like more.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched to the Galaxy S4 from the iPhone5 and I loved it, customizing the homescreen with those fancy widgets and much larger screen. So what went wrong, well I had a flickering screen issue and if people thinks iPhone auto correct is the worse, try typing with that Galaxy phone. It's like a million times worse, I'd take iPhone's any day any time.

After 3 weeks, I switched back to iOS with the iPhone 5S. My upgrade will come in late March and I will get the iPhone 6 but not in 16GB. It is getting to the point where you can't put much anymore in a 16GB unit

At the end, iOS is the most user friendly OS and simple. Yes it's limited but I don't care, camera is better and very smooth.

Exactly!!!! Typing on a galaxy, or any android for that matter, is HORRIBLE!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually find typing on a LARGER screen easier. I have both an iPhone 5s and Galaxy Note3 and honestly those myths about Galaxy being a subpar smartphone is just that ...MYTHS. I use both devices devices totally different. The 5s is my communication hub (mostly for phone calls and work out device) and the Note3 is my media hub (mostly for email reading, videos, sms, notes, customization, games ect.) in which I use for a tablet so to speak. I ENJOY both devices and it would be hard to choose just one, but if I had to I would probably go with the larger screen (Note3) due to the eyes not being what they were (no need for reading glasses). My iphone 5s is smooth and fast, but so is my Note3. Even though my Note3 isn't quite as fast as my 5s, it's not "laggy" as some have said and/or experienced. Both are GREAT devices...just different.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I used an s4 for about three days before trading for an iPhone (AT&T had the s4 refurb for $40, so I went with that just to trade for an iphone 5 and save some $$), and I did enjoy it a bit. It is a cool phone, there are a lot of gimicky features, but it was laggy and android is (in my opnion) not as refined as the iPhone's os.

Again, these are my opinions...no one is right or wrong in what they want or expect out of a smart phone. The best advice is what kch said above....just do what you want and what feels right for you, and don't pay any attention to anyone who will tell you otherwise!

BERRYNOID

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok I've owned a galaxy before and now i have a 5s. If you use a lot of apps, camerawise, stability etc keep your iPhone. If you just want to tweak your Phone go for the galaxy line.. And.. I almost forgot ... The galaxy line is hella laggy, whoever disagrees is lying.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o iMore Forums

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had a lot of samsung devices and two iPhones and currently use a 5s.

My thoughts on the Galaxy:

Galaxy allows for more customization
You can switch your keyboard, native browser, etc
Has a cartoony feel
Loads of features that you will use or completely ignore
Screen is bigger than an iPhone
NFC, Battery life (On a note 3), bluetooth file transfer
Can sometimes freeze/stutter/

iPhone:
IMO battery life sucks on my 5s but it may be different for you
5s speakers are pretty loud
Support and customer service are unmatched
Apps are endless
When a jailbreak comes out it can be customized as much as an android
Stable and easy to use
Designed beautifully

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't see what's good about the galaxy. Nothing about it appealed to me. My honest opinion.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal