iPhone vs Galaxy opinions....

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy phones are nice but I always end up back on iPhone. A jailbroken iOS device is just a better fit for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched to the Galaxy S4 from the iPhone5 and I loved it, customizing the homescreen with those fancy widgets and much larger screen. So what went wrong, well I had a flickering screen issue and if people thinks iPhone auto correct is the worse, try typing with that Galaxy phone. It's like a million times worse, I'd take iPhone's any day any time.

After 3 weeks, I switched back to iOS with the iPhone 5S. My upgrade will come in late March and I will get the iPhone 6 but not in 16GB. It is getting to the point where you can't put much anymore in a 16GB unit

At the end, iOS is the most user friendly OS and simple. Yes it's limited but I don't care, camera is better and very smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The newer Samsung phones use a customized SwiftKey. The Autocorrect is fine and the UI for replacing words after the fact is very very good. I stopped using SwiftKey after moving to the Note 3 cause the stock keyboard is good. The iPhone auto correct and typing experience is not as good, especially making corrections after the fact, moving the cursor around, etc.

u9ynepyn.jpg

The 5S camera is only better when it's extremely dark (assuming it can get a picture without flash itself). In Daylight the S4 and Note 3 will win almost every time, and even sometimes in low light using Smart Stabilization. The Galaxy phones also have noticeably superior FFCs on them. Higher resolution, 1080p video, and better image quality there.

I don't do much customization. I use nothing but the weather widget and only have three home screens, so I've never much cared for that. I use mostly stock apps (many developed to provide equivalents to iOS features and since a lot of people I know have Samsung devices, they are useful to me).

Also have a friend with the S4 who got the 4.4.2 update and his phone doesn't lag. There were stutters before the update, but the performance went up afterwards. His battery life is as good as my 5S was.

The only reason I could see for him wanting that update were for the battery and performance gains. Cause it didn't add much else...

My note 3 has performed flawlessly. Moved to it from the iPhone 5S.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I like Swiftkey. I wish Apple would make it the stock keyboard on the iPhone. I use the Swiftkey Note app for various writings. It integrates with Evernote. If you use an iPhone and want to check out Swiftkey, here it is.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swiftkey-note/id773299901?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Yea, I owned it and used it exclusively on my Galaxy S3 but haven't used it since getting the Note 3 because the Samsung Keyboard Layout is superior, has Emoji built in, and tends to perform better and uses less RAM.

There is also Google Keyboard, which works well. I was actually faster typing on that than Swift key due to the more compact layout. I like the buttons to have a bit of separation. It allows me to type faster more accurately.

Sometimes I miss a smaller screen but for using apps like Coach's Eye the 5.7" screen is a killer advantage over the iPhone, as well as the S Pen for drawing on the screen.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The newer Samsung phones use a customized SwiftKey. The Autocorrect is fine and the UI for replacing words after the fact is very very good. I stopped using SwiftKey after moving to the Note 3 cause the stock keyboard is good. The iPhone auto correct and typing experience is not as good, especially making corrections after the fact, moving the cursor around, etc.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/11/u9ynepyn.jpg

The 5S camera is only better when it's extremely dark (assuming it can get a picture without flash itself). In Daylight the S4 and Note 3 will win almost every time, and even sometimes in low light using Smart Stabilization. The Galaxy phones also have noticeably superior FFCs on them. Higher resolution, 1080p video, and better image quality there.

I don't do much customization. I use nothing but the weather widget and only have three home screens, so I've never much cared for that. I use mostly stock apps (many developed to provide equivalents to iOS features and since a lot of people I know have Samsung devices, they are useful to me).

Also have a friend with the S4 who got the 4.4.2 update and his phone doesn't lag. There were stutters before the update, but the performance went up afterwards. His battery life is as good as my 5S was.

The only reason I could see for him wanting that update were for the battery and performance gains. Cause it didn't add much else...

My note 3 has performed flawlessly. Moved to it from the iPhone 5S.

There are things to like on both platforms. For me IOS aligns much more closely with what I want my phone to do. Plus with an all iPhone family FaceTime is great to have.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There are things to like on both platforms. For me IOS aligns much more closely with what I want my phone to do. Plus with an all iPhone family FaceTime is great to have.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Yes. The value of an iPhone goes up if you know more people on the platform or use more apple devices. And goes down the more devices or people using other platforms are introduced.

I know too many Android users to justify paying that kind of price for an iPhone. I'd rather use a second-hand 4th Gen iTouch for that and tether it to my phone instead, but I couldn't be bothered to do that these days.

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
+1 to swiftkey

Well for me , Galaxy feels awesome in its own way.

Yes , it feels very cheap compared to iPhone but they offer so many options.

That being said , there is something in iOS which pulls me back every time and again I saw same feeling with Galaxy devices as well.

When I use Galaxy or iOS device , I just feel "safe" , I get confidence that I am up for anything like taking pics or record videos or install awesome apps or go to nearest service store If I run into any trouble.

No other phones gives me such feeling.

Sent from Mars

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't pay any attention to what any of the people around you seem to be buying... just get whatever device best meets your needs and suits how you use the device, then don't look back afterwards.
'nuf said...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner