HTC ONE (m8) or 5s

HTC One (M8) Or iPhone 5s

• Total voters

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Get a cheap M7 and save some money, then wait for the next generation of phones to come out and decide then.

Rumors of a 4.7" iPhone makes it almost a bad buy right now, given the price. The M8 isn't a big enough upgrade.

I got a second hand M7 on CL for 150 and use it as a PMP. I'd take a deal like that over any current model. Money talks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would get the 5s or wait.
Don't get an m8, it's a waste of money. Look at how much the m7 drops in value.

Get a cheap M7 and save some money, then wait for the next generation of phones to come out and decide then.

Rumors of a 4.7" iPhone makes it almost a bad buy right now, given the price. The M8 isn't a big enough upgrade.

I got a second hand M7 on CL for 150 and use it as a PMP. I'd take a deal like that over any current model. Money talks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the iPhone 5S over the HTC M8. The M8 doesn't seem like a very good phone on paper and for the hype it has received I don't think it'll sell very well in the long run.
For starters the camera is terrible and in 2014 there's no excuse for putting out such a more camera. Secondly despite having a 5" display the phone is way too tall due to the terrible bezels, (Phone is 5.5ish inches I believe). Thirdly I've heard the back scratches very easily which disappointed a lot of people, and I also heard it's pretty slippery and difficult to grip due to how the edges are shaped.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend the iPhone 5S over the HTC M8. The M8 doesn't seem like a very good phone on paper and for the hype it has received I don't think it'll sell very well in the long run.
For starters the camera is terrible and in 2014 there's no excuse for putting out such a more camera. Secondly despite having a 5" display the phone is way too tall due to the terrible bezels, (Phone is 5.5ish inches I believe). Thirdly I've heard the back scratches very easily which disappointed a lot of people, and I also heard it's pretty slippery and difficult to grip due to how the edges are shaped.

I had both. I just sold my M8 after 2 months to a coworker who dropped their phone in the toilet and went back to my 5 S. I would refute everything you just said. That phone is brilliant, the camera is perfectly fine, I went caseless 99% of the time and it had nary mark on it, never dropped it or had an issue gripping it and I have girl hands.

I flat out adored that phone and would still be using it if I didn't also have an iPad Air and missed the icloud integration between iDevices. I couldn't disagree more strongly with what you've clearly only heard but didn't actually experience in daily driver use.

I miss it. It says a lot for the 5S that I sold it. HTC made a brilliant device.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the HTC M8 for about 3 months and I had the 5s a few times. Both phones are very good in there own ways but I recently traded my M8 for a iPhone 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Reeneebob and I were talking about this yesterday. I just can't get interested in that phone, don't know why. Wish I could.

My iPhone's perfect for me so I'm staying with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Get what you like best. I have an iPhone 5, but I love Android and iOS both and when I switched to AT&T the other day I picked up the M8 as my main phone. Just felt like using Android for a while again. That being said I'm still going to buy the iPhone 6 when it comes out, then I'll be able to switch as I please. Not everyone can do that, so as I said, get the one you like more. You'll enjoy more and longer.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Get what you like best. I have an iPhone 5, but I love Android and iOS both and when I switched to AT&T the other day I picked up the M8 as my main phone. Just felt like using Android for a while again. That being said I'm still going to buy the iPhone 6 when it comes out, then I'll be able to switch as I please. Not everyone can do that, so as I said, get the one you like more. You'll enjoy more and longer.

I could never switch back and forth to much a pain with contacts etc lol .. My cousin has the m8 I played with it alittle from my short use .. Camera was confusing to me .. It was hard for me to accomplish simple things .. I did like how loud it was and that speaker are in front and the screen size was nice

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I could never switch back and forth to much a pain with contacts etc lol .. My cousin has the m8 I played with it alittle from my short use .. Camera was confusing to me .. It was hard for me to accomplish simple things .. I did like how loud it was and that speaker are in front and the screen size was nice

I'm fairly integrated in the Google network, and immensely integrated in the Apple network. As far as contacts, no issue with the M8, I transferred them via Bluetooth, they even have an option to restore the M8 with an iPhone backup file. Built right into the M8's options. For myself, switching between ecosystems is no problem because of how much I've played with them before.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It is really a basic argument between whether you want the bigger screen real estate and that Android ease and that mobile ecosystem more than the iOS universe and apps and features. Pretty much every Android is going to be more or less the same, and that may be swayed a little by what version of Android is on that phone you are looking at, but all of that isn't going to matter much, because if you needed the bigger screen there's really only Android to look to for that. Windows Phone may have a bigger screen but the OS and app package is still shy of Android's maturity, so if you want a bigger device Android's the only real choice.

Alot of these Android phone versus iPhone decisions really boil down to whether you want the bigger screen these days, as opposed to the iOS ecosystem. Base your decisions on that.

O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, after years of battling one set of issues or another in one platform or another, I've finally, at last, and with great peace come to accept that what works best for me is iPhone in no small part due to the ecosystem. In the final analysis after these many years, this is what matters to me. I love the screen on my SGIII but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the integration and interoprability throughout Apple products.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If I didn't already have the 5s, I would go with the M8. I love those boom sound speakers. I wish the iPhone had something like that.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
M8 has a great interface! The interface on sense 6 is as smooth as iOS but of course it has more features than iOS.

The 4 ultra pixel camera takes some adjusting, but it's not bad like people think. Change the settings and you're good to go. iPhone camera is very limited!

M8 is a bigger phone, feels great in hand and is as durable as an iPhone. It also has a longer lasting battery.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my iPhone but HTC has always been neck and neck for me.

Same here. I have been debating a lot in the last couple weeks on whether I should get an HTC One or wait for the 6. Both Apple and HTC make awesome stuff, so it is hard to choose. :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
5S for sure. I know people remark about the looks and build quality of the M8, but it still falls short of the iPhone. And the OS still falls short of iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I feel this is gearing more towards Android vs iOS territory.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox