Is the 5s worth really worth it?

rbastuba99

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i am 12 and i am a very responsible guy. I always and very cautious and take care of all electronics. I was thinking about getting the 5s and didn't know if it was worth it. I love the idea of it being so simple with the iPhones. I realize that androids and google phones have way bigger screens. I do not need a big screen though. I was just wondering if the 5s is worth the money? It would help a lot if someone could help me out here. Once again, i am 12 and i am very responsible with electronics. Thanks everyone!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to imore the 5s is a fantastic device and still worth it. You could also look at the 5C as it is a great device as well.

rbastuba99

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot, i was looking at the 5c and it looked a little cheap. Is it still durable and worth it although it is not made of metal. I really like the metal feeling on the regular iPhones

antiprotest

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot, i was looking at the 5c and it looked a little cheap. Is it still durable and worth it although it is not made of metal. I really like the metal feeling on the regular iPhones

Have you handled the 5c? It doesn't feel cheap to me, but if it does to you then you shouldn't get it.

I have the 5s and it's definitely worth it to me. I would recommend either the 5s or 5c.

I'm sure, being 12, you are much more tech savvy than some adults (haha). So I assume you would know to pay attention to the specs too to decide what you need.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to IMore, Went from the 5 to the 5s, and it was definitely worth it to me. It's a matter of preference and what you like and need.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
5c is well built. I have both the S and the C. I much prefer the build of the C. It is solid and sturdy and I don't feel like it needs protection. I use my S more bc I like the fingerprint sensor. My daughter who is just a touch younger than you will get the C in the fall.

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Believe me, ios is much better than android in many ways. I own both 5s and note 3. Sure, the much bigger screen and flexibility is much welcomed. But till today, android is still not as stable as ios. I would highly recommend u to get the 5s over the 5c cause the fingerprint thingy is awesome! :D

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
From somebody who has used both iOS and Android, I highly recommend the 5s. It's worth it in so many ways that I can't explain them all. You'll love the iPhone 5s

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
5S is totally worth it, but if I was you I would wait for the next model which will release for sure sometimes this Fall or late summer.

You do the math, nearly a year old phone (iPhone 5S) and technology wise nearly a two year old tech (iPhone 5C). You are pretty much going to keep the phone for at least a year I assume or couple. By waiting till the next phone you would have the newest and greatest phone.

Now, if someone is paying for your phone I would recommend getting a gift card for the iPhone amount and wait to use it later. I just gave my niece an Apple gift card with exact amount including tax. Apple stores know about this and they will help you with it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Since the iPhone 5S is out for 7 months, it is not as outdated as the former poster says.. But if you have patience, wait for the 6, otherwise the 5S would do just fine, 'cause it's still unbeaten by other phones

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, since you are 12, I would suggest you to buy a 5c . Its a well built, solid phone. Not at all cheap and has variety of colourful cases to choose from. When I was 12, i used to play outside with friends on streets/in the parks.. Lol

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh