How can I unlock my iPhone 5S (iOS 7.1) that's locked to AT&T?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how I can unlock my iphone 5s with ios 7.1 locked to AT&T?
I tried one of those services, but they came back and told me that AT&T rejected it.
I bough R-SIM 9S, but the instructions were written by a 5 year old who doesn't speak English. I could not get it to work. The phone keeps asking me to activate.
I don't see Geevey available for the 5S.

Any other options out there?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
re: How can I unlock my iPhone 5S (iOS 7.1) that's locked to AT&T?

Contact AT&T yourself. You have to be off contract though.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
re: How can I unlock my iPhone 5S (iOS 7.1) that's locked to AT&T?

Seems like going through AT&T is about the only option left at the moment

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
How to unlock?

You have to do it through AT&T. Your unlock service probably had issues with unlocking it because AT&T said you're not eligible to unlock the phone currently.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to unlock?

AT&T started cracking down hard on unlocking iphones around Oct 2013. Basically, your phone must be paid for in full and not in any sort of contract or financing plan. Also you must have been a customer for at least 90 days and your account must be in good standing.

Just about every 3rd party unlocking site will also yield an unsuccessful unlock since they all pretty much go through AT&T to get the code, which means, again, if your phone was purchased on contract or AT&T Next financing plan, and/or your account is not in good standing, etc., the 3rd party will not be able to get the code from AT&T.

Back in Oct 2013, damn near every single 3rd party unlocking site for iphones pulled that particular service since AT&T basically cut them all off from getting codes. The ones who claimed they could still offer the service were charging upwards for $150+, when in Sept 2013, iphone unlock codes could be had for as low as $2.00.

As DroidArmy stated, you pretty much need to go through AT&T to get the code, but unless you meet their requirements, they will keep rejecting your requests. However, there is a fraction of a chance you might get lucky in where they slip up and grant your request.....you never know, and I have heard of this happening recently.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73