Hello everyone, im thinking about which phone to buy the OnePlus one or the iPhone 5s. I have listed all the hardware advantages of each phone. I dont want to worry about software as that is more personal preference. I was wondering if I have missed something for the iPhone's side and if people can add more to it?

Thank you!

IPHONE 5S

64BIT PROCESSOR
    45% LIGHTER
    EASIER 1 HANDED USE
    17% THINNER
    ALUMINIUM BUILD
    FINGER PRINT SENSOR
    LARGER CAMERA PIXEL
    VIBRATION SWITCH

ONE PLUS ONE

STYLESWAP BACK COVERS
    13MP CAMERA
    STEREO SPEAKERS
    5MP FRONT CAMERA
    TOUCH ON LENS PANEL
    QUAD-CORE 2.5 GHZ
    23% HIGHER PPI
    BLUETOOTH 4.1
    10% LARGER LENS APERTURE
    3GB RAM
    99% LARGER BATTERY
    4K VIDEO
    NFC
    38% LARGER DISPLAY
    BACK & MENU BUTTONS
    LED INDICATOR
    serglb likes this.
    04-30-2014 06:24 PM
    What is a OnePlus?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-30-2014 06:29 PM
    What is a OnePlus?

OnePlus one. It's a new phone. Check it out online!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
    04-30-2014 06:30 PM
    Just read a little review. The OnePlus is like the size of the Note II but I feel as if android slows over time. If you can wait for the iPhone 6 then I would go for that BUT the iPhone 5S would be just as awesome. I have the 5S after switching to android then 5C now I'm back at 5S haha.

i7guy and ladyc0524 like this.
    04-30-2014 06:40 PM
    Just read a little review. The OnePlus is like the size of the Note II but I feel as if android slows over time. If you can wait for the iPhone 6 then I would go for that BUT the iPhone 5S would be just as awesome. I have the 5S after switching to android then 5C now I'm back at 5S haha.

LOL!!! And you wrote a big thread on it too. They always come back to the iPhone.
    04-30-2014 06:43 PM
    In regard to the camera, don't get wrapped up in megapixels. There's a reason that Apple has maintained it's 8 MP limit - Pictures taken with an iPhone camera looks better than those taken with cameras that have a greater megapixel count.
    04-30-2014 07:45 PM
    If quality apps are your thing, I think Apple stands tall in this regard. I used to laugh at the "there is an app" for that, thinking the apps supplemented some of the safari limitations, but there are some really cool apps that do cool stuff.
    04-30-2014 10:25 PM
    So can anyone list any advantages for the iPhones 5s side???????
    04-30-2014 11:20 PM
    The main advantages for me are convenient size/one-handed use, app quality, knowing my new device WILL get an update for at least a couple generations, and Apple support. The fact that Apple stands by their devices and doesn't hassle you about exchanges or service is very important.
    serglb likes this.
    04-30-2014 11:56 PM
    And Welcome to iMore
    04-30-2014 11:57 PM
    Welcome @ iMore | if u love n want to use android then go with 1+1 | recommended simply the best ios with lightest n greatest 5S see really speedy innovative
    05-01-2014 01:49 AM
    I have a 5S and a couple of things missing from the iPhone list are:

Separate A7 and M7 processors
    There isn't an LED, but you can set the camera LEDs as a notification light
    I know you say OS is personal, but the same applies to the battery. It's how the software and hardware are optimised to get the best from the battery that matters more than it's size. Battery life is good (for my uses) and as mine is a work phone, it gets a few calls, several texts, several photos and lots of email use each day and I usually have 40% left when it goes on charge at night
    Mentioned before by others, but one-handed use is a not only part of its design parameter, but also a delight
    iPhones tend to keep their value when it comes to selling it on

I'm sure you have reasons for considering these two phones, but they really don't strike me as being comparable. Also, the 5S is available now, the OnePlus won't be available until June and even then you have to receive an 'invite' before you can buy it, by which time the iPhone 6 could have been announced.

Last point of course, related to the OnePLus is that it is less than half the price of a 5S if you look at the same 64GB models!
    Last edited by George Jenkinson; 05-01-2014 at 05:36 AM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-01-2014 05:22 AM
    So far, the only real advantage that matters to me: you can see and hold an iPhone before buying it. I refuse to even consider buying the OnePlus One until I can get a unit in my hands for at lest 30 minutes. That's how I am with every phone I've ever bought.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-01-2014 07:34 AM
    LOL!!! And you wrote a big thread on it too.
    05-01-2014 08:22 AM
    I have a few observations while looking at this list in regard to the one plus one:

Styleswap back covers are nice, unless you plan to use a case, at which point they become meaningless
    13MP camera may produce larger prints if you are into printing posters, but higher pixel count does not equate to higher quality images
    5MP front camera, see directly above
    Quad-core 2.5 Ghz.....we have already seen the iphone out-benchmark and outperform statistically a myriad of quad core devices due to its efficiencies and marrying of hardware to OS
    23% higher ppi...if you plan on viewing your screen through a microscopic lense, vs your eyesight only, then yes this may matter
    3GB Ram....again, even at 1 GB of RAM the iphone continues to outperform others. Be careful not to get caught up in the spec wars
    99% larger battery....to power a 38% larger screen, at a higher ppi, along with the battery draining android system. This may, or may not, be an advantage
    4K Video....do you have anything to play 4K compatible video back on?
    NFC....if you are here in the states I would question its advantage. I don't know your situation. I have yet to see NFC anywhere.
    Back and Menu buttons....are purely subjective as an advantage.

I am in no way at all bashing the one plus one phone. I also am not suggesting you rush out and get an iphone. However, I would be hesitent to list many of the one-plus-one items as 'advantages'.
    Completely agree with everything you pointed out. I actually very recently sold my Moto X due to not needing any features on that phone. I never used NFC. To pay for anything and the one time I managed to find the NFC reader in Walgreens, they had unplugged it! No reason to even try at that point....

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-01-2014 10:35 AM
    I think it's obvious which phone you should get ...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-01-2014 11:32 AM
    Advantages of iPhone 5s -

1) Made by Apple
    2) Excellent post sales service
    3) Re-sale value is darn good
    4) Build quality is unbeatable
    5) Feels just right in hands
    6) It's lighter than the light, lol
    7) Camera is amazing, as mentioned by others - don't get caught up in the web of px
    8) Quality of apps
    9) Eco-system of Apple
    10) Rock solid OS
    11) All the iOS devices get update at same time irrespective of your carrier, device(until its too old)

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    05-01-2014 12:03 PM
    I was looking at technical advances that I dont have. I guess I listed them all
    05-01-2014 11:03 PM
    LOL!!! And you wrote a big thread on it too. They always come back to the iPhone.
    Very true. I have came back to iPhone so many times it's crazy. Wasted so much money going to android then turning around and going right back to iPhone lol. Learned my lesson lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    05-02-2014 05:33 AM
    One thing I like about iPhones in General, is their stability. You don't get that with Androids. Were me though, I'd wait for the iPhone 6. We're only about 4 months away from a September release.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-02-2014 08:27 AM
    I'm with a lot of other people, I have tried Android several times but nothing to ever keep me away from Apple. Last year I had a Galaxy Note 2 as a work phone. Loved the size but it really made me want that phone with iOS loaded on it. If you want bigger, are comfortable going Android, but can't wait, I would recommend a Galaxy Note 3. I just think you're going to get a better Android experience out of a Samsung.
    05-02-2014 12:15 PM
    In regard to the camera, don't get wrapped up in megapixels. There's a reason that Apple has maintained it's 8 MP limit - Pictures taken with an iPhone camera looks better than those taken with cameras that have a greater megapixel count.
    This is true.

I have an old Sony Digital Camera that is barely 3.2MP that takes better pictures than my 5S. Why? The sensors and Carl Zeiss lens on the Sony camera.
    serglb likes this.
    05-03-2014 09:23 AM
    At the risk of repeating a few things that others have shared, here's what I've found that are important advantages and pros/cons to me. While this thread is about the OnePlus, my comparison point is the Note 3.

Note 3:
    Screen Size
    Screen Clarity
    User Level Folders and File System
    Native e-mail client that supports attachments*
    Home screen customizations
    Battery Management Apps
    Notification Bar
    Expandable storage
    More IT level type apps
    Flexibility
    Native Google services integration
    S-Pen and S-Note
    Excellent battery life
    Raise to talk feature
    Android 4.4 features

iPhone 5s:
    TouchID
    Overall App Quality
    Camera Quality
    iCloud*
    iOS and Mac OS X Integration
    iMessage
    FaceTime*
    Support
    Build Quality
    Control Center
    USB Music integrates perfectly with existing older vehicle stereo
    One handed use
    Easy pocket-ability
    Timely updates
    Cleaner native mail client
    No carrier bloat ware (yes, know I can root, but sources are not fully trusty, and why should I have to root?)
    Native voicemail
    Native iTunes integration
    OS X and iTunes App Integration (1-Password as example)
    serglb, agarwal.apar and dsi76 like this.
    05-03-2014 09:49 AM