AOL was hacked and sent an email to change your password which I did. No problems logging into AOL Mail on the internet on my computer. Deleted the account on my phone and tried to re- ad it. No Joy. AOL keeps saying wrong user name or password. Shut down the phone, tried again. No Joy. Called Apple. They had me try several things which did not work. They think problem is on AOL side. AOL denies there is a problem. Anyone else have this happening?

Be careful about changing your password if you want your AOL mail on your phone.
    04-28-2014 03:55 PM
    Strange. Just use the AOL website. Thanks for the heads up though.
    RC28 likes this.
    04-28-2014 05:02 PM
    AOL was hacked and sent an email to change your password which I did. No problems logging into AOL Mail on the internet on my computer. Deleted the account on my phone and tried to re- ad it. No Joy. AOL keeps saying wrong user name or password. Shut down the phone, tried again. No Joy. Called Apple. They had me try several things which did not work. They think problem is on AOL side. AOL denies there is a problem. Anyone else have this happening?

Be careful about changing your password if you want your AOL mail on your phone.
    I have an AOL email account strictly for junk mail purposes, and I've yet to receive any notices in regard to AOL being hacked. Anyway, if I get the notice to change it, I will and will let you know if I experienced any problems after changing it.
    RC28 likes this.
    04-28-2014 05:17 PM
    Strange. Just use the AOL website. Thanks for the heads up though.
    I can do that on the internet but not on the phone. Nothing mobile will connect. Apple had me dl the AOL app and it won't let me log in that way either. It has to be a problem with mobile access. AOL is clueless so far. They said someone would call me back tomorrow. Yea right...
    04-28-2014 06:38 PM
    I have an AOL email account strictly for junk mail purposes, and I've yet to receive any notices in regard to AOL being hacked. Anyway, if I get the notice to change it, I will and will let you know if I experienced any problems after changing it.
    I know it is real as I saw it confirmed on Reuters that they had been hacked and AOL did not deny it when I spoke to them. Please do let me know.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-28-2014 06:40 PM
    Called AOL and they are now admitting there is a problem with mobile devices across multiple platforms and they are working on it. I am not feeling reassured by this lol.
    04-28-2014 08:51 PM
    Finally got it fixed after repeated calls to AOL. Apparently there was a system problem with password changes yesterday. A supervisor told me to change my password again, and that did the trick. The problem was not just on mobile devices as I was originally told...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-29-2014 09:19 PM
    Finally got it fixed after repeated calls to AOL. Apparently there was a system problem with password changes yesterday. A supervisor told me to change my password again, and that did the trick. The problem was not just on mobile devices as I was originally told...
    Okay, great, and thank you for the update...
    RC28 likes this.
    04-29-2014 09:26 PM
    Thanks for the update.
    RC28 likes this.
    04-30-2014 02:57 PM
    Hopefully this can help someone else who has this problem. It was beyond frustrating.
    04-30-2014 09:30 PM

12-27-2015 01:05 AM