Carrier Survey For 5s Users

On Which Carrier Is Your 5s Running?

• Total voters

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty simple, on which carrier is your iPhone 5s running? I'm curious as it seems that since Verizon and at&t have put the kibosh on unlimited data that more and more people are migrating to Sprint, T-Mobile, Prepaid, and regional carriers.

I'm on Verizon, but with grandfathered unlimited data on all of our lines (thankfully).

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
T-mobile. They're LTE and 4G is pretty fast and reliable in all of my area but their in-building penetration could use a little work and I pay $80/mo for unlimited internet, talk & text with a 5GB hotspot.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile. They're LTE and 4G is pretty fast and reliable in all of my area but their in-building penetration could use a little work and I pay $80/mo for unlimited internet, talk & text with a 5GB hotspot.

Oh the things I would do to have that plan on Verizon. I pay just over $200 per month for four lines, two are smartphones with unlimited data and two are dumb phones. We also have unlimited text messaging but I don't even know how many minutes because we never come close to the limit, I think it's like 800 or 900, though. Generally, we'll use about a fifth of that.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh the things I would do to have that plan on Verizon. I pay just over $200 per month for four lines, two are smartphones with unlimited data and two are dumb phones. We also have unlimited text messaging but I don't even know how many minutes because we never come close to the limit, I think it's like 800 or 900, though. Generally, we'll use about a fifth of that.

That's a lot. If I were to add my brother, mom, and sister on my account (3 smartphones) my bill would be about $150 or less.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
AT&T. In my opinion they're the best carrier right now. The coverage and speed is excellent

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Had AT&T for 18 years through all the name changes etc... Switch to straight talk and haven't looked back. Still using AT&T towers but for $46 unlimited everything albeit throttled data after 2.5GB opposed to AT&T 5GB which I never come close to. So I figured why pay close to $100 for the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been with AT&T through all the name changes also. I've had a mobile phone since 1995. Currently I have my iPhone 5s and iPad Air with 10GB shared, unlimited talk and text. I had unlimited data on the phone only up until March. Because I've never been a fan of the small screen, I rarely used more than 2GB a month. On the iPad I easily would exceed 3GB which I was paying $30.00 a month billed separately.
This is only my second month on this plan. I am saving about $50.00 a month between the out of contract discount and my employer discount. Currently I have less than two weeks in this billing cycle and have used about 60% of the allotted plan. I guess I have about 12 days of ensuring I am using WiFi more frequently.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot. If I were to add my brother, mom, and sister on my account (3 smartphones) my bill would be about $150 or less.

It is, unfortunately, but I'm used to it now. Plus, I don't think I could move to a newer plan and retain unlimited data.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bell here in Canada...
$80/month + $10 for phone insurance that covers water damage
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398741643.818867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile. In city it is really great LTE speeds and good call quality. My only qualm is that if you leave it, you'll get practically nothing and calls drop like flies. I have to substitute this with my 5c on Boost Mobile.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile from voice stream days until 2009 when I got the iPhone 3GS on AT&T switched back to tmobile for the HTC hd7 and then switched again for the Titan 2 on AT&T then Lumia 920.

Finally I came home to tmobile again due to price and jump since I like to change devices. I have the 5s and get faster LTE then on AT&T in the Seattle area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Won't the two biggest company's get the most votes? Kinda useless poll (Please no offense) just how it is. Wouldn't it be more thorough to ask who switched from the 2 biggies, and why? Just saying ...

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Won't the two biggest company's get the most votes? Kinda useless poll (Please no offense) just how it is. Wouldn't it be more thorough to ask who switched from the 2 biggies, and why? Just saying ...

They will likely get the most votes, but that doesn't render it useless. Verizon and at&t drawing the most votes doesn't negate the other carrier's results, which is what I was most curious about (Sprint and T-Mobile in particular). And yes, it's nice to know who's switched, but knowing only who switched from the largest two carriers is only half the story as it's nice to know who's switched from the smaller carriers as well. But in case you didn't notice, many people before you gave explanations regarding their switches, so I guess the message was received.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods