iPhone 5S buttons long lasting?

zeyned

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I always use assistive touch because iam afraid what if the buttons broke or becomes malfunctioning. Does anyone has any problem with your iPhone5S's any of the button yet?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I always use assistive touch because iam afraid what if the buttons broke or becomes malfunctioning. Does anyone has any problem with your iPhone5S's any of the button yet?

Not yet but I used to think the same way about my buttons so I used assistive touch once upon a time.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
No problems here but I use my phones as designed if it has a button I'm going to push it. If the button tears up I have a warranty to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Easy to think things will fail over time. But remember their are people still using 3GS and iPhone 4's and have no issues. And still work every time.

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I am afraid the touch screen will stop working and the radios will burn out as well as the processor and flash memory. So I just leave the iPhone in its shrink wrapped box. But ya know that battery is probably not gonna last through the years just sitting there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am afraid the touch screen will stop working and the radios will burn out as well as the processor and flash memory. So I just leave the iPhone in its shrink wrapped box. But ya know that battery is probably not gonna last through the years just sitting there.

You might want to put that shrink wrapped box in a case to protect it. Otter may have one. :D

Sent from from my iPhone 5

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've used Assistive Touch since I had a 4S
I believe that model was having button issues at one time.
I haven't heard any issues with 5S
Regardless, I liked the AT so much I continue to use it in my iPhone & iPad.
Many don't care for it.
Good Luck

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was using assistive touch on my 4 as the home button had a problem after using it for a year. I am using assistive touch on my iPhone 5 too but i guess after going through this thread ill off it right now:)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

No issues although it seems like the iPhones buttons always have issues later on. I never keep my iPhone long enough to worry about that, but then again that's what the warranty is for. I wish apple would implement something similar to what HTC and LG do where you can unlock the device without using the buttons in the future.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Just a FYI, home button is included in the Apple warranty, so you are good for 1 year unless you but the apple care warranty that extends it up to 2 years.

I have used the iPhone since 2007 and had few issues with the home button, but I needed a reason to go to the Apple store anyways 😜

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anything can break but out of all my phones I have yet to have one fail with the buttons...

I wouldn't worry about it. :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2