How do you tell if your iPhone 5s is a refurbished unit?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Answer a final question for us, please: was your refurbished replacement phone unlocked, or did you have to get it unlocked again? And did you talk to them about that?

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z using Tapatalk

I told the guy it's unlocked att but unlocked for t mobile and he asked did att unlock it and I said yea and then I checked the website and it said it's unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
How is that ?

There is no way of knowing your device is refurbished based on any information located on the phone or within it's various identifying codes/numbers.

Also, getting a new model or refurbished model strictly depends on the amount of new stock vs. refurb stock when the device is being replaced...for instance, shortly after release, you are almost assured to receive a new model because there simply aren't many refurbs available (by comparison).

I still find it funny that people get caught up with the new vs. refurb mess...I guarantee you that you'd never know the difference if you didn't know refurbished units existed.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I told the guy it's unlocked att but unlocked for t mobile and he asked did att unlock it and I said yea and then I checked the website and it said it's unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know.

That's what I thought the practice was, but it looks like others have had problems in the past. (Hopefully the distant past.)

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z using Tapatalk

ig91

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if it is possible to actually buy Apple refurbished iPhone 5S?
I can see them on eBay and Amazon – but it would be more risky than getting it from Apple.

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you were in "from" of me I'd probably be shaking in my boots yup. And secondly yeah there are stand up people here, and we don't act like know it all ****** bags. Come here basically telling someone they are full of sh*t because they don't know serial numbers, and claim it to be basic knowledge. Go do some research and you will come to find that in over 500 posts to this site I have never been in a conflict with anyone but you. And looking back do you blame me? You opened the door and asked to be laughed at. Now this is my last response to you and this thread. Obviously I'm dealing with a real bad mofo here with a masters degree in apple 101, and a grade 2 education in insults and English literature. Peace out!

Actually the other person started it saying the whole thread was BS. I called him on it. Then you stuck your nose in. Might wanna go back and check some of your posts too before grading someone else. Anyway I hope you enjoy the rest of your insignificant time here.

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Just yesterday i got a replacement from an apple store and they said they no longer use refurbished ones. Here in Aus anyways.Mine was only days old though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods