Thinking about buying a Nexus 5 from google

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about buying a Nexus 5 from google. Just have some questions. Wanting to keep my 5s too. Can I use the same sim or do I have to activate them individually??? Would like to switch out phones when ever I want. Which ever one I stop using will probably be sold and the other will be my daily driver.

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just switch sims. If the Nexus 5 uses a micro sim, you'll need a sim adapter.

P.S. I give you 3 days before you ultimately return it.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I brilliant lady (spelled SeptembersRain#AC) once said (I think) that the Nexus 5 uses a Nano SIM too, just like the 5s.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I brilliant lady (spelled SeptembersRain#AC) once said (I think) that the Nexus 5 uses a Nano SIM too, just like the 5s.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

It doesn't. The Nexus 5 uses a Micro Sim I used to have one for a week LOL. Like Heisenberg said I give you at least week before you get rid of the Nexus. I just can't stand Android anymore.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about it

It doesn't. The Nexus 5 uses a Micro Sim I used to have one for a week LOL. Like Heisenberg said I give you at least week before you get rid of the Nexus. I just can't stand Android anymore.

I must have mis-remembered what I was told. My apologies.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

Last edited:

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

Why would I return it???

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about it

I must have Mis-remembered what I told. My apologies.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

The Nexus 5 is said to have a nano SIM in certain international markets. I had just seen the initial body showing the slot for a nano SIM. It was a prototype but not US released.

My fault. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is said to have a nano SIM in certain international markets. I had just seen the initial body showing the slot for a nano SIM. It was a prototype but not US released.

My fault. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

Bummer, I am still sorta thinking about a Nexus 5 and just swapping SIMs would've been convenient. Have you ever used the SIM adapters?

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Why would you sell? I have my iPhone 5, and a Moto G, and as of today a Lumia 520 as well. But you should be able to switch SIMs and play around and decide what you like.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Nexus sucks! My wife had it for three weeks and she couldn't handle it anymore. To each their own I guess but I find it to be garbage.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I returned the nexus 5 as well. The screen is a little washed out, the battery life and camera are terrible, and the cell radios are weak.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
i'll throw my opinion in here as well, I was using a Moto X before I got the iPhone 5s and had the intent of switching back and forth to avoid one of them becoming stale, but so far after about a month. my Moto X has been turned off and is in my desk. there's just no point of using it when the 5s does everything better and faster. and with the Moto X having more features than the Nexus 5 like always-on voice commands, I would think things would get boring even quicker on the Nexus.

I still use my Moto X for Allcast to my TV, though. its a great way of watching videos and movies that I don't feel like paying for, but if I get an Apple TV, that Moto X is pretty much dead to me....