If you want honesty you'll just have to expect people to give their honest opinions. You could find a plethora of iPhone vs (Insert whatever Android device) talk to see varying opinions from user experiences and comparisons. The point more is that plenty of people (not just you, so don't think I'm singling you out) come on here and feel some sort of obligation to inform the rest of the community that they're switching platforms like they owe it to us to explain. In your case we've already seen you jump back and forth between a 5S and an Android device or at least contemplate it. Now, when you come on here to tell us that you're going to use another device, it's not going to just come off as you just asking for feedback. I'm a moderator here on an iPhone forum and I have quietly used other devices from other companies without uttering as so much as a word about it because quite frankly, I don't owe an explanation to anyone here. I've gone through 8 different 5S's since it was released last September. One was because I broke it and got a replacement. All the others had in betweens. Note 3, Galaxy s4, etc. It's okay to have a hunger to try something else. Everyone doesn't need to know that you're hungry though.
    Didn't John create a thread for doing that?
    04-08-2014 08:16 PM
    Didn't John create a thread for doing that?
    Yup. I moved it to the 5S forum.
    http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...post-here.html
    04-09-2014 03:45 PM
    I'd say about 2.99 days. It will be returned on the 3rd day.
    Hahah that's ultimately how long I used and had my Nexus 5 for! By the end of day two I had the iPhone back in use and day 3 the Nexus was shipped back.

I loved the Nexus but didn't like the battery life, or lack of Tri-Band support on Sprint (with no ETA of the update that enables it) loved the screen size and quality.
    04-10-2014 12:17 AM
    Hahah that's ultimately how long I used and had my Nexus 5 for! By the end of day two I had the iPhone back in use and day 3 the Nexus was shipped back.

I loved the Nexus but didn't like the battery life, or lack of Tri-Band support on Sprint (with no ETA of the update that enables it) loved the screen size and quality.
    To be frank, I would switch to TMobile if I were you ...
    04-10-2014 01:23 AM
    Interesting. I'm exactly opposite. Since I got the Nexus 5 I haven't used my iPhone. That is, with the exception of a week when my AT&T MicroCell was acting up.

Posted via the Android iMore App!
    04-10-2014 11:05 AM
    To be frank, I would switch to TMobile if I were you ...
    I would LOVE to switch to T-Mobile (believe me I've been thinking about it a lot lately) but the coverage doesn't cut it for me. Two things, in Chicago signal drops out as soon as you go inside, and I spend a lot of time in rural areas or on highways where there is either 2G or no service (even where roaming coverage is claimed to be). They don't even have LTE by my house which is in the suburbs not the middle of nowhere.
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-10-2014 05:35 PM
    I'm thinking about selling my 5s...

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    04-11-2014 11:47 AM
    I'm thinking about selling my 5s...

Calm down. Don't do anything you will most certainly regret. It's gonna be okay. Take deep breaths...breath in...hold...breath out...breath in...hold...breath out....

Now, tell us what you were doing when you had this bout of seemingly possible insanity. Take it slow...take your time...and tell us what happened...from the beginning. ...don't forget to breath....

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Calm down. Don't do anything you will most certainly regret. It's gonna be okay. Take deep breaths...breath in...hold...breath out...breath in...hold...breath out....

Now, tell us what you were doing when you had this bought of possible insanity. Take it slow...take your time...and tell us what happened...from the beginning. ...don't forget to breath....

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘
    LOL. I just like my 5c more. I am starting to think if I sell the 5s now, with the ability of jailbreak, I can get a bit for it.

I'm not stressing, just am not enjoying the 5s as much as I wanted to.

04-11-2014 01:08 PM
    LOL. I just like my 5c more. I am starting to think if I sell the 5s now, with the ability of jailbreak, I can get a bit for it.

I'm not stressing, just am not enjoying the 5s as much as I wanted to.

Ahhh...i guess I can see that, but you're enjoying your 5c more based on the color? ...or is your 5s just not doing something that your 5c does?

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘
    04-11-2014 01:11 PM
    Ahhh...i guess I can see that, but you're enjoying your 5c more based on the color? ...or is your 5s just not doing something that your 5c does?

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘
    I just don't do enough to see the difference in performance. So for me, it's the visual aspect of it. I've always thought that the 5/5s was kind of ugly (No offense to anyone). I guess I just really didn't overcome it.

I'm thinking on it... But I haven't ever sold an iPhone before. Need to make sure I clear it properly and be able to sell it with JB still on.

04-11-2014 01:16 PM
    Well, if you sold it on Swappa you could likely do fairly well. I think...think if you just reset it without taking it to 7.1 you can re-jailbreak it for sale. I've thought about selling of my 2 5s' but I can't think of what I' rather have so I'm still holding on to them both. I don't wanna get something android again and then regret not having both my iPhones.

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘
    04-11-2014 01:21 PM
    Well, if you sold it on Swappa you could likely do fairly well. I think...think if you just reset it without taking it to 7.1 you can re-jailbreak it for sale. I've thought about selling of my 2 5s' but I can't think of what I' rather have so I'm still holding on to them both. I don't wanna get something android again and then regret not having both my iPhones.

Sent from 3 f IV
    Why does it have to be all in or all out? Why can't you keep one iPhone and get, say, an M8 to replace the second one?
    04-11-2014 08:18 PM
    Why does it have to be all in or all out? Why can't you keep one iPhone and get, say, an M8 to replace the second one?
    Well, I for one don't feel the M8 a worthy replacement to a 5s. ...perhaps hold out for the LG G3 or get a Sony Z2. The M8 is metal...and that's a start, albeit a tiny start, ....but it's camera, from what I've read, leaves some to be desired, unlike the 5s'.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    04-11-2014 09:19 PM
    That's what I've been doing and it works out fine. I wanted something more stable and nice looking than my Moto X so I went for the 5s. Started missing the X a bit and just picked it back up. Its nice to have the option of two completely different platforms. Keeps them both from getting stake over time.

Sent from my XT1053 using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-11-2014 10:18 PM
    I just don't do enough to see the difference in performance. So for me, it's the visual aspect of it. I've always thought that the 5/5s was kind of ugly (No offense to anyone). I guess I just really didn't overcome it.

I'm thinking on it... But I haven't ever sold an iPhone before. Need to make sure I clear it properly and be able to sell it with JB still on.

I'm actually starting to feel the same way, used the 5c for awhile now and to go back to a Gold from the Yellow poly for me makes me feel slightly torn, and they do appeal different sides of me.

The Gold - the elegance.
    The Yellow - the playfulness.
    04-12-2014 03:21 AM
    I'm actually starting to feel the same way, used the 5c for awhile now and to go back to a Gold from the Yellow poly for me makes me feel slightly torn, and they do appeal different sides of me.

The Gold - the elegance.
    The Yellow - the playfulness.
    I'm constantly having to dress in formal clothing. Most of my things are black and elegant.

I need that playfulness. It breaks up my utterly mundane day. I swear I smile at it at least once in a 24 hour period if not more.
    Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    04-12-2014 07:44 AM
    I'm constantly having to dress in formal clothing. Most of my things are black and elegant.
    The life of a model is hard ain't it?

Sent from 2 f IV 🔘
    04-12-2014 07:31 PM

I need that playfulness. It breaks up my utterly mundane day. I swear I smile at it at least once in a 24 hour period if not more.
    Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    My parents did this as well. They really enjoyed they could chose a color for themselves.. Also helps to know which phone is which :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-14-2014 01:49 PM
    Bull**** ! Apple users should not ever turn to android ****s ! Android sucks ! It always lags ! 😝

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    lepra87 likes this.
    04-30-2014 11:18 AM
    Bull**** ! Apple users should not ever turn to android ****s ! Android sucks ! It always lags ! 😝

Please refrain from making untrue and fanboyistic posts like these.

Android is pretty fantastic in its own right, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean that tons of other people don't like it as well- and this is coming from an iPad, iPhone, and iMac user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the_tech_eater and Almeuit like this.
    04-30-2014 12:00 PM
    Bull**** ! Apple users should not ever turn to android ****s ! Android sucks ! It always lags !

What a well-thought out, perfectly crafted, captivating, utterly cerebral post. I don't know what we'd do without you.
    04-30-2014 05:14 PM
    I don't know what we'd do without you.
    I do. We'd have a more mature community.
    Beyond Fire likes this.
    04-30-2014 05:24 PM
    I do. We'd have a more mature community.
    Looking through that users posts, I'd agree with you on that one.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    04-30-2014 06:24 PM
    Please refrain from making untrue and fanboyistic posts like these.

Android is pretty fantastic in its own right, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean that tons of other people don't like it as well- and this is coming from an iPad, iPhone, and iMac user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-01-2014 01:18 PM
93 1234