Iphone 5+ ipad air= 5s. Worth it?

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys! Ipad air 16gb not enough. Besides, i don't use it that much. So i thought of selling my i5 16gb and ipad air 16gb wifi only for an brand new i5s 32gb. Is it worth it? I don't have to add money. It's an even trade. Yay or nay?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Value wise you are getting the better deal- I would question why you are getting a brand new 5s for so cheap- Is it really brand new and can it be activated would be my concerns

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm..not a bad idea, but if you really like the iPad Air (except from storage) you might find yourself missing the larger screen

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Value wise you are getting the better deal- I would question why you are getting a brand new 5s for so cheap- Is it really brand new and can it be activated would be my concerns

I'm selling online. My iPhone 5 is running ios 6. And it is waterproof. Both my devices are. Treated by liquipel. So yay? :D

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmm..not a bad idea, but if you really like the iPad Air (except from storage) you might find yourself missing the larger screen

The ipad air 16gb storage is frustating me. Should have gotten 32gb plus cellular. But it will cost a bomb. So, no.

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I completely understand that...I have a 16GB iPad 3 and I am running out of space and wish I had cellular! Looking at purchasing a higher storage iPad Air with cellular soon

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you can get the iPhone 5S with the increased storage and you are fine without the iPad, then go for it, it is an incredible phone with 64bit architecture

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
If you can get the iPhone 5S with the increased storage and you are fine without the iPad, then go for it, it is an incredible phone with 64bit architecture

But i've heard there aren't much difference in speed between 5 and 5s now right? Yeah. Thought of purchasing an iPad Mini Retina later on instead of Air cause the Air is too big. Sorry for my english tho. I'm not very good at it.

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the 5s is faster, and most people I have talked to agree, just because it has a faster processor and is more refined. But you right, not a huge difference to most people

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You are selling your used 16gig iPad Air which retails new for $500 and getting enough money to purchase a 32 gig iPhone 5s which retails new for $750

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got 2 other iPod Touches 5.(Don't mean to show off) But i don't find a need for them anymore since i purchased the iPhone 5. They sit around collecting dust nowadays. and i kept lending them off to my friends. 2 choices now. Get the 16gb 5s, sell both the iPods and buy the Mini Retina straightaway. Or, get the 32gb 5s, sell both the iPods and wait a while(maybe a month?) before purchasing the Mini Retina. Mhmm. What's your opinion on this?

leepierre

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
You are selling your used 16gig iPad Air which retails new for $500 and getting enough money to purchase a 32 gig iPhone 5s which retails new for $750

No. On the currency here. Malaysian Ringgit. The 16gb iPad Air wifi only costs RM1600.($500) The 32gb iPhone 5s costs RM2750.($850) No idea why.

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely sell both iPods if it was me!

I would buy the 32gb iPhone 5s and then wait to buy the Retina iPad Mini, the more space you can get on your device the better

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 5 + iPad Air has much more valuable than one 5s at this stage in the game. The iPhone 5s is half way through it?s cycle and you are coming from a 5, and yes the 5s is faster (not always very obvious, I have compared them personally time and time again) and it has 64bit processor (not very applicable as yet, since few apps/features take advantage of it) so minus the fingerprint sensor, there is little difference. In my opinion it is certainly not worth it.

Calculations (approx)

iPhone 5 = 550 USD
iPad Air = 499
Total = 1049

iPhone 5s (32GB) = 749

Now since your devices arent new, you can?t sell them at original price, but if they are in good condition, depreciation can be as little as 50 bucks each. Your business plan would have you losing at least 200 USD. If that doesn't bother you, then go ahead. Or maybe you can wait a few months (till august lets say) sell, stick it out for a month or so, and get the brand new also 64bit but with possibly new bigger screen for the same price iPhone 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 5 + iPad Air has much more valuable than one 5s at this stage in the game. The iPhone 5s is half way through it?s cycle and you are coming from a 5, and yes the 5s is faster (not always very obvious, I have compared them personally time and time again) and it has 64bit processor (not very applicable as yet, since few apps/features take advantage of it) so minus the fingerprint sensor, there is little difference. In my opinion it is certainly not worth it.

Calculations (approx)

iPhone 5 = 550 USD
iPad Air = 499
Total = 1049

iPhone 5s (32GB) = 749

Now since your devices arent new, you can?t sell them at original price, but if they are in good condition, depreciation can be as little as 50 bucks each. Your business plan would have you losing at least 200 USD. If that doesn't bother you, then go ahead. Or maybe you can wait a few months (till august lets say) sell, stick it out for a month or so, and get the brand new also 64bit but with possibly new bigger screen for the same price iPhone 6.

The iPhone 5S is NOT halfway through its "cycle". It's only 6 months old. It will be a relevant device for a few more years.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 5S is NOT halfway through its "cycle". It's only 6 months old. It will be a relevant device for a few more years.

The iPhone 4 is still relevant. That is not what I mean though. I mean that in 6 months a new device will be out. If someone is in the market for a new phone, the iPhone 5s is the best iPhone he can possibly get right now. But if someone is going to get rid of his iPhone 5 and iPad Air for an iPhone 5s at this point, I would have that person think about what he going to do a little more before making the jump.

It?s just an opinion though. Another poster thought it was worth it but I don?t think it is worth it. The OP will have to decide in the end though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR