Auto dial of failed calls upon unlock

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
if I'm on a call using Bluetooth and the screen is locked; and that call fails, upon unlocking the screen, the failed call is auto redialed. even if swiping the unlock area at the bottom of the screen. even if unlocking with my finger ID. even if I do NOT swipe the failed called message on the screen. no matter how I unlock, it redials that call.
is there a setting for this? a way to disable this?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
if I'm on a call using Bluetooth and the screen is locked; and that call fails, upon unlocking the screen, the failed call is auto redialed. even if swiping the unlock area at the bottom of the screen. even if unlocking with my finger ID. even if I do NOT swipe the failed called message on the screen. no matter how I unlock, it redials that call.
is there a setting for this? a way to disable this?

Hello and Welcome to iMore!!! I wish I could help you because that mess annoys the crap out of me. I've search through Settings a million times and I've found nothing. Hopefully someone chimes in with an answer.

BTW...if you figure it out before someone responds, please share your fix!

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks nikkishariff!
I sure will let you know.
not too hopeful though; I think its one of those things that they will have to address in an iOS update. I'm gonna try an apple forum too. when I have time :(

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to a reasoning for this too. I just started noticing this issue myself. It's not even just failed calls, it's missed calls as well.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, mine only auto redials if I swipe to open on the missed call notification. Haven't had any failed calls to replicate your exact issue though. Interesting.

Hey look! I'm on an iPhone!

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, mine only auto redials if I swipe to open on the missed call notification. Haven't had any failed calls to replicate your exact issue though. Interesting.

Hey look! I'm on an iPhone!

yes, true; it only happens when you swipe to unlock with the notification on the lock screen; but it's still obnoxious. very impractical.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner