So after dropping my phone for the second time. Even in a week because my case is too slick (I have the special kind candy's hell case) Im looking for a new one else that's going to give me better grip and offer good protection from drops. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, would I notice if anything got knocked loose or damaged internal from the drop?
    04-02-2014 03:19 AM
    There are number of threads for cases, here's one that might help with a suggestion.
    http://forums.imore.com/accessories/...light=5s+cases

Good luck with your search.
    04-02-2014 03:48 AM
    I would personally recommend the official Apple leather cases. I have tried them and the leather offered a good grip while still being really soft touch.

They are a tad bit pricey but they are recommended.
    mcmillan27 likes this.
    04-02-2014 04:18 AM
    If there was something knocked loose or damaged internally from the drop, I'd know it right?
    04-02-2014 04:39 AM
    I would personally recommend the official Apple leather cases. I have tried them and the leather offered a good grip while still being really soft touch.

They are a tad bit pricey but they are recommended.
    Target actually had them on clearance for like 20 bucks I think.
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-02-2014 04:40 AM
    If there was something knocked loose or damaged internally from the drop, I'd know it right?
    Yeah.
    04-02-2014 04:46 AM
    Yeah.
    I just think these phones are fragile for some reason internally. Since it's a solid board , suppose that adds to durability, no?

And I might pick up that leather case, but I think the only color left is the brown . Are they protective from drops?
    04-02-2014 05:50 AM
    I just think these phones are fragile for some reason internally. Since it's a solid board , suppose that adds to durability, no?

And I might pick up that leather case, but I think the only color left is the brown . Are they protective from drops?
    They have really good protection from drops as within the leather holds a good solid frame that holds the side and the back really good, coupled with a soft touch lining on the back to protect the metal from scratching..
    04-02-2014 05:53 AM
    I have the black Apple leather case and it's good. I like the feel and it seems as though it would provide pretty good protection for a drop. I also have a Spigen Neo hybrid that I use a lot and a Tech 21 case that I use when I'm running or just want more protection. All 3 are great cases and I recommend them all. Just depends on the level of protection you want. I use the Apple case for day to day use.

Sent using Tapatalk
    04-02-2014 07:31 AM
    I would strongly recommend the "Kavaj" brand. I have tried a lot of different brands and types and settled for a notebook style Kavaj one. I don't think I will go back to anything now. Hope they keep supporting the new iPhone releases...
    04-02-2014 09:34 AM
    Did you have the regular CandyShell case or the the Grip? I have the Candyshell Grip and the ridges on the back of the case keep me from dropping my 5S
    04-02-2014 10:24 AM
    If you're really that accident prone, otterbox
    Speedygi and jburke82 like this.
    04-02-2014 11:16 AM
    I just got the Otterbox Symmetry. It is actually pretty nice looking. It is thinner but still provides good protection. White/Gray for my white 5s.
    04-02-2014 12:20 PM
    You might also try the Lifeproof series of cases. I currently have the Nuud Case on my 5s and it only adds a fraction of extra width and weight but provides the assurance of being waterproof and shock proof. That and I have a Mophie Juice Pack that gives me the extra needed power to get through the day when your having a power day

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-02-2014 12:30 PM
    It may look clunky but my Otterbox Defender already saved my 5s from a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-02-2014 12:56 PM
    I dropped and broke my screen a couple of days ago. That's twice in less than a year that that has happened. As much as I hate cases I'm going to end up just using a bumper. Spigen Neo Slim I think it's called. Going to see how long I can stand it. I was able to pick one up on eBay for $15
    04-02-2014 01:25 PM
    I dropped and broke my screen a couple of days ago. That's twice in less than a year that that has happened. As much as I hate cases I'm going to end up just using a bumper. Spigen Neo Slim I think it's called. Going to see how long I can stand it. I was able to pick one up on eBay for $15
    Spigen makes several cases that are nice looking but add significant durability, not to mention grip-ability, to the device.
    carrickfergus likes this.
    04-02-2014 03:14 PM
    So after dropping my phone for the second time. Even in a week because my case is too slick (I have the special kind candy's hell case) Im looking for a new one else that's going to give me better grip and offer good protection from drops. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, would I notice if anything got knocked loose or damaged internal from the drop?
    Lego case!!!! Its my fave
    04-02-2014 10:34 PM
    I just picked up the Speck Candyshell Inked case.
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-02-2014 11:27 PM
    I like my Speck case. It's got a little rubber on the sides for a good grip.
    04-03-2014 07:20 AM
    I love my Speck Candyshell case. I have the white one to go with my white iPhone 5. It's dual layer yet slimmer than most dual layer cases. I think it looks great and definitely protects my phone from knocks. It's not water proof though, as I found out to my detriment last week (yeah, this still rankles and I miss my iPhone).
    04-03-2014 02:14 PM
    Outterbox doesn't matter which one

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk
    04-03-2014 02:20 PM

If you like the Candyshell case I'd highly recommend upgrading to the Candyshell Grip as others have mentioned. I have 2 of those for my 5S and it adds the grip you need even with damp hands. It's still thin enough to slip in my jeans pocket without feeling bulky. I have 2 Otterbox Defenders and while great for protection I've grown tired of the extra size it adds to my phone.
    04-03-2014 02:31 PM

I'm a big fan of the tech 21 impact cases. They have a band of D30 around the edge if you drop your phone with no adverse issues.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iMore Forums
    04-04-2014 12:30 AM
    I'm using a candy shell grip. One of the best cases I've used yet. Only thing that bothers me is one of the volume buttons has no tactile feedback because the rubber pushes on it too much. No big deal just me being nitpicky.
    Roustermiller likes this.
    04-04-2014 02:14 AM
67 123