Need a new case for my 5S. Any recommendations?

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the tech 21 impact cases. They have a band of D30 around the edge if you drop your phone with no adverse issues.

The tech21 impact band was suggested by Apple rep at store when I purchased 5s on first day last September. He had been using it on his phone. It is very grippy, yet minimalistic. I use the back clear panel it came with and have dropped the phone twice. It hit the corner and suffered zero damage. Am very satisfied, as the impact absorption really seems to work. I didn't want a full case, yet found the phone rather slippery, naked. Tech21 has worked for me.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The tech21 impact band was suggested by Apple rep at store when I purchased 5s on first day last September. He had been using it on his phone. It is very grippy, yet minimalistic. I use the back clear panel it came with and have dropped the phone twice. It hit the corner and suffered zero damage. Am very satisfied, as the impact absorption really seems to work. I didn't want a full case, yet found the phone rather slippery, naked. Tech21 has worked for me.

I love the look of the Tech 21 cases but they don't work with any of the tempered glass screen protectors I've tried or currently use...so it had to go back. It caused them to peel.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

newsman787

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have just moved to Otterbox Symmetry and truly like its combination of slimness and sturdy build. While the Defender may offer a bit more solid protection, right now the Symmetry is a pleasure to use...and simply feels good when holding my iPhone 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I like the Spigen Slim Armor or the Lunatik Seismik case. Both are pretty thin but provide some protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhaire89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I am currently moving between 3 cases: the Speck SmartFlex Card, Incipio Stanley Highwire, and the LifeProof Nuud. Speck and Incipio are my dailies and the LifeProof is only if I know I'm going to be out in rain because people say they can't hear during calls with the LifeProof. Really liking the Speck because it gives the feel of the curved back of a Mophie without the weight of a battery case.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
-Otterbox for bulky drop protection

-Life proof for water and dust protection

- apple leather case for professional looking with a bit of scratch protection for the sides and back

Notable others: speck, spigen, case mate.

There are so many cases to chose from and that I have used over the years. Personally now I buy the apple care and go without a case unless I'm in a very vulnerable area in which I use the otterbox defender.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm back to using my wallet case again. I just couldn't stand the Otter Box on my 5s. =/

I really need to be careful. It's already got that small nick...

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm back to using my wallet case again. I just couldn't stand the Otter Box on my 5s. =/

I really need to be careful. It's already got that small nick...

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Look at the bright side, that tiny nick gives your phone character, makes its "yours".

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
no case!!

phone is too pretty to ugly it up with a bulky case. just be more careful

i just use a life proof for outside / water activities.. rest of the time its naked.

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Speck candyshell + Faceplate case and I love it.
sapuhy7u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have three Spigen cases (Gold Tough armor, Crystal Clear Ultra Hybrid and Gold Neo Hybrid). The Spigen line up is second to none ...IMHO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro