Need a new case for my 5S. Any recommendations?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I love my Speck Candyshell case. I have the white one to go with my white iPhone 5. It's dual layer yet slimmer than most dual layer cases. I think it looks great and definitely protects my phone from knocks. It's not water proof though, as I found out to my detriment last week (yeah, this still rankles and I miss my iPhone). :(

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So after dropping my phone for the second time. Even in a week because my case is too slick (I have the special kind candy's hell case) Im looking for a new one else that's going to give me better grip and offer good protection from drops. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, would I notice if anything got knocked loose or damaged internal from the drop?

If you like the Candyshell case I'd highly recommend upgrading to the Candyshell Grip as others have mentioned. I have 2 of those for my 5S and it adds the grip you need even with damp hands. It's still thin enough to slip in my jeans pocket without feeling bulky. I have 2 Otterbox Defenders and while great for protection I've grown tired of the extra size it adds to my phone.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So after dropping my phone for the second time. Even in a week because my case is too slick (I have the special kind candy's hell case) Im looking for a new one else that's going to give me better grip and offer good protection from drops. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, would I notice if anything got knocked loose or damaged internal from the drop?

I'm a big fan of the tech 21 impact cases. They have a band of D30 around the edge if you drop your phone with no adverse issues.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iMore Forums

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a candy shell grip. One of the best cases I've used yet. Only thing that bothers me is one of the volume buttons has no tactile feedback because the rubber pushes on it too much. No big deal just me being nitpicky.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Both my 5s' sit in these: http://www.evutec.com/products/AP-005-SP-KA1.html#
I love these cases and although I already have two I will buy one of the burgundy and black when they go on sale.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

Now that looks cool. I hope they'll make those for the iPhone 6. I'm definitely going to want one. On my 5s, I'm pretty happy with my Otterbox Defender case.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you do lots of rugged stuff like hiking, Taz?

Pretty much, that and work. Funny though just picked up a new case ten minutes ago,saw it an liked it, OtterBox Symmetry. Didn't know they had a case that wasn't so bulky. Gonna try it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I am a Seidio Surface and Convert Combo case guy with holster and always have and will be.

I'm the same way, been using Lifeproof for sometime they are great for protection. It's just the 5s is an awesome looking phone hated hiding it in that case. This case is pretty good, solid without taking away from the looks to much.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm an Otterbox man. They're all I've ever used. Always the Defender. But I may try the waterproof Otterbox Preserver. It's supposed to be great.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

anon(767240)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I interchange between spigen tough armor, spigen ultra hybrid and element case chroma.the first two offers good protection.the element case is just beautiful.

Sent from my space grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
My heavy duty case is the lunatik taktik strike. Think otterbox but more stylish IMO.

The apple leather cases are nice but it will wear and get dirty giving it a distressed look. Not everybody is into that.

I recommend both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR