Need a new case for my 5S. Any recommendations?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So after dropping my phone for the second time. Even in a week because my case is too slick (I have the special kind candy's hell case) Im looking for a new one else that's going to give me better grip and offer good protection from drops. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, would I notice if anything got knocked loose or damaged internal from the drop?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Need a new case for my 5S. Read ommendations.

I would personally recommend the official Apple leather cases. I have tried them and the leather offered a good grip while still being really soft touch.

They are a tad bit pricey but they are recommended.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I would personally recommend the official Apple leather cases. I have tried them and the leather offered a good grip while still being really soft touch.

They are a tad bit pricey but they are recommended.

Target actually had them on clearance for like 20 bucks I think.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I just think these phones are fragile for some reason internally. Since it's a solid board , suppose that adds to durability, no?

And I might pick up that leather case, but I think the only color left is the brown . Are they protective from drops?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just think these phones are fragile for some reason internally. Since it's a solid board , suppose that adds to durability, no?

And I might pick up that leather case, but I think the only color left is the brown . Are they protective from drops?

They have really good protection from drops as within the leather holds a good solid frame that holds the side and the back really good, coupled with a soft touch lining on the back to protect the metal from scratching..

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the black Apple leather case and it's good. I like the feel and it seems as though it would provide pretty good protection for a drop. I also have a Spigen Neo hybrid that I use a lot and a Tech 21 case that I use when I'm running or just want more protection. All 3 are great cases and I recommend them all. Just depends on the level of protection you want. I use the Apple case for day to day use.

Sent using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I would strongly recommend the "Kavaj" brand. I have tried a lot of different brands and types and settled for a notebook style Kavaj one. I don't think I will go back to anything now. Hope they keep supporting the new iPhone releases...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you have the regular CandyShell case or the the Grip? I have the Candyshell Grip and the ridges on the back of the case keep me from dropping my 5S

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Otterbox Symmetry. It is actually pretty nice looking. It is thinner but still provides good protection. White/Gray for my white 5s.

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
You might also try the Lifeproof series of cases. I currently have the Nuud Case on my 5s and it only adds a fraction of extra width and weight but provides the assurance of being waterproof and shock proof. That and I have a Mophie Juice Pack that gives me the extra needed power to get through the day when your having a power day

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
It may look clunky but my Otterbox Defender already saved my 5s from a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I dropped and broke my screen a couple of days ago. That's twice in less than a year that that has happened. As much as I hate cases I'm going to end up just using a bumper. Spigen Neo Slim I think it's called. Going to see how long I can stand it. I was able to pick one up on eBay for $15

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I dropped and broke my screen a couple of days ago. That's twice in less than a year that that has happened. As much as I hate cases I'm going to end up just using a bumper. Spigen Neo Slim I think it's called. Going to see how long I can stand it. I was able to pick one up on eBay for $15

Spigen makes several cases that are nice looking but add significant durability, not to mention grip-ability, to the device.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So after dropping my phone for the second time. Even in a week because my case is too slick (I have the special kind candy's hell case) Im looking for a new one else that's going to give me better grip and offer good protection from drops. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Also, would I notice if anything got knocked loose or damaged internal from the drop?

Lego case!!!! Its my fave:love-struck:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR