Stolen i5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Long story short, a stolen iPhone 5 has come into my possession (not stolen by me) and I want to get it back to the original owner. I have turned it and the message from the owner says, "Google how to reformat the phone." That's it. How am I supposed to get it back to the owner? They didn't give any personal contact info. Is there a way I can contact Apple and give them the serial number or IMEI to find the owner?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
If you know the carrier you could give them a call or pay em a visit and let them know the situation.

It's really good to see that you're making an effort to find the owner. Wish everyone was the same.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Take it to the local Apple Store.
2. Take it to the phone service carrier/provider store if the carrier can be determined.
3. Take it to the police.

Those are the options.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

* Stolen devices should be reported to your local police and mobile service provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.