5 to 5s? Any good?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm liking the new camera flash, and the finger print scanner does serve a good purpose. Do I think I got my 850.00 worth with the upgrade, not really.. But if you have waited this long with the 5 if hold out until fall if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I went from i5 to a nexus 5 then to my i5s. It's nice to be back
The improvement are noticeable but not earth shattering. You'll see it mostly in the camera and load time/processing speed. Since you're still running iOS 6 you'll notice a big difference in the jump to iOS 7. I fully recommend jailbreaking to get the most out of the phone.

If jailbreaking is necessary to the user, I would recommended going straight to Android instead. iOS is not meant to be altered in any fashion and hence no other than the official configuration is supported by Apple. I hear people running jailbroken devices have all kinds of weird issues that I am not facing on my standard setup. I would rather not buy the msot expensive 'normal' phone on the market and then compromise its quality.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm liking the new camera flash, and the finger print scanner does serve a good purpose. Do I think I got my 850.00 worth with the upgrade, not really.. But if you have waited this long with the 5 if hold out until fall if I were you.

Everyone who has not yet moved to 5S from 5 and is not suffering from immediate hardware problems should wait till iP6 and upgrade then. The only thing 5S has going for it compared to 5 is the TouchID thing and that is not worth the 800 to 1000 dollars the new phone costs. And with bad luck, the scanner will not work well or be calibrated correctly on your device, in which case even that little improvement is moot.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Everyone who has not yet moved to 5S from 5 and is not suffering from immediate hardware problems should wait till iP6 and upgrade then. The only thing 5S has going for it compared to 5 is the TouchID thing and that is not worth the 800 to 1000 dollars the new phone costs. And with bad luck, the scanner will not work well or be calibrated correctly on your device, in which case even that little improvement is moot.

Your incorrect I came from an i5 and not only does it work as designed but works good and if you read the 5s specs you would know that other than looks alone the 5s is a totally different device from the camera to the internals

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's what I was sayin

Sent from my iPhone 5s

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The i5 is a great phone and will serve anyone well till the i6 comes out but I just disagreed with under selling the 5s

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

5s is a great phone no doubt about it. I got it, so I can't say nothing bad about it. But maybe the way I should of worded it is for someone who has a limited budget and not much free money I don't think it's worth your 800.00 for the upgrades you get. If someone was trying to upgrade for the hell of it, I would wait for the 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I went from the 5 to the 5s simply because of space. Each iPhone I've had has been 16GB. They served me well until November. With apps sizes increasing, my music library increasing, and the "other" ever expanding I had to move up in size. I did not want to the the "S" this time. I felt the same as some. And after regretting getting the 4S after having a 4 I was determined not to do it again.
5 months later I don't regret it. I got the gold just to make it seem different. When I got the 4s I got white just to make it seem different. The fingerprint sensor works really well. Speed? Not sure I do much to see a difference. Works flawlessly all the time? Absolutely. 64GB too much storage? Probably for me, but rather have more than not enough.
In short...it's worth it.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I noticed a huge difference in speed, design, and camera quality when I upgraded. I bought the 5 at full retail ($1000 including everything) and the 5s I upgraded at regular price (close to $600). I like all the features compared to the 5.

I especially like Touch I.D. I'm waiting for the next iPads to have it later this year!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular, both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox