Iphone 5s low geekbench scores

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guyz, i did a geekbench 3 benchmark test today on my iphone 5s..and the results were very low compared to other iphone 5s that i saw on the internet..so wanted to ask whether it's my iphone or the app? Whoz at fault?
Single core score- 1079
Multi core score- 1936
Compared to other iphone 5s
Single core score- 1410
Multi core score- 2536

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No one's fault, really. The 5S has superior CPU performance over pretty much anything on the market right now. Regardless of what these benchmark scores are.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I would disregard these scores how does it perform in the real world day to day usage are you satisfied with its performance??

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I found out the answer.. the reason why I am scoring that is because I downloaded a cracked version of Geekbench 3 from a 3rd party app store. I downloaded it from the Apple Store and I got my score to 2500 (normal) ..with my iphone still jailbroken and all tweaks in place.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Even if the numbers you got off the test were accurate...who cares? There's a term in the car world that we use called "Magazine Racing", it's essentially reading the magazine reviews and/or specs of a car and then drawing a conclusive judgement on said car with that information alone. It's hilarious when a person actually does the real world testing though how their answers so often change in said comparisons...the same can be said here. Having a technical conversation about the merits of the processor itself and what it is capable of? Sure, there might be relevancy there to the scores...but every where else? It's just mumbo jumbo.

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Even if the numbers you got off the test were accurate...who cares? There's a term in the car world that we use called "Magazine Racing", it's essentially reading the magazine reviews and/or specs of a car and then drawing a conclusive judgement on said car with that information alone. It's hilarious when a person actually does the real world testing though how their answers so often change in said comparisons...the same can be said here. Having a technical conversation about the merits of the processor itself and what it is capable of? Sure, there might be relevancy there to the scores...but every where else? It's just mumbo jumbo.

I totally agree with u.. But i was worried because other iphone 5s had better benchmark scores..now I'm satisfied with the scores .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

And on top of that, benchmark scores have always seemed Androidish to me. Not only to convince oneself that their phone is getting maximum performance, but also "My phone scores this better than your phone" sort of thing. All the while satisfied iPhone users (millions of them) are like "Cool. My phone works."

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm learning not to be bothered with benchmark scores. As long as it works for me, that's all I need to know. Especially reading how a certain phone company actually tweaks its phones so that it churns out better benchmark scores.

Sent from my silver iPad mini with Retina Display using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711