Should I trade up to 32 GB?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a bit of a problem. Today is the last day of my buyers remorse period for Tmobile and I have the money to trade my 16 in for a 32. I just don't know if I really need to spend the $100 to do it. I have had the phone for 2 weeks and have not dropped below 7GB Available storage even with over 10 games and podcasts. All my music comes from the cloud with iTunes Match and google play music.

I guess my real question is. If I do fine with 16GB, would trading up really be of that much use?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a bit of a problem. Today is the last day of my buyers remorse period for Tmobile and I have the money to trade my 16 in for a 32. I just don't know if I really need to spend the $100 to do it. I have had the phone for 2 weeks and have not dropped below 7GB Available storage even with over 10 games and podcasts. All my music comes from the cloud with iTunes Match and google play music.

I guess my real question is. If I do fine with 16GB, would trading up really be of that much use?

You know yourself much better than we know you. If you think that in 3 months you'll be happier with 32GB go for it. If you think you'll be happier knowing you spent less, stick with what you have. I'd be happier with the former which is why I have 32GB on all but one of my mobile solutions. That remaining iGadget has 64GB.

via the tablet

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd do it. Better to have too much space than too little. I'm personally okay with smaller sizes but I've got 3 devices I tote around. I also get a new device every 3-6 months. So if you aren't like me, you'll likely use more space in your devices...

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't live with anything less than 32GB personally, but my needs may not mirror your own. I usually hover around 4-5GB free on my 32GB model each year.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't need 32GB really. I've found that out. ...but I'm not sure I'd be too happy with less knowing I could have had more and don't have to watch every little ounce of space.

via the tablet

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The first time you get the dreaded error about not having enough space to download an app, or save an image you'll regret not having done so while you had the chance...

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My wife can't even upgrade to iOS7.1 because she doesn't have enough space. You don't ever want to be in that situation if you can avoid it.

via the tablet

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Get the extra storage it will even pay off when your ready to sell it in the future

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It depends on your needs. I think the 32gb will pay off in the end. But it also depends on how long you're planning on keeping that phone.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I still regret my decision of the 16gb. Of course out of my "buyers remorse" period now, but if I had the chance I'd go up to 32. That's just me, it all depends on what you use your phone for.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64 GB phone and a 128 GB tablet, so I always go with the extra space.

Really it depends on usage habits. Also, do you clear out your photos? As those actually do take up lots of space, and it always grows...

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a 64 GB phone and a 128 GB tablet, so I always go with the extra space.

Really it depends on usage habits. Also, do you clear out your photos? As those actually do take up lots of space, and it always grows...

Yeahp, this is why Mrs. Elder cannot update to iOS 7.1

via the tablet

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Well. after going to the T-Mobile store. I learned that if I wanted to trade up, i would have to give back my current iPhone and have a 32GB version sent to me through the mail. Apparently they don't keep anything higher than a 16GB model in the stores themselves. Kinda screwed myself on that one by not keeping a spare T-Mobile phone around the house.... Looks like I'm sticking with the 16GB version for the foreseeable future. At least until the 6 comes out and gives me enough reason to trade up.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well. after going to the T-Mobile store. I learned that if I wanted to trade up, i would have to give back my current iPhone and have a 32GB version sent to me through the mail. Apparently they don't keep anything higher than a 16GB model in the stores themselves. Kinda screwed myself on that one by not keeping a spare T-Mobile phone around the house.... Looks like I'm sticking with the 16GB version for the foreseeable future. At least until the 6 comes out and gives me enough reason to trade up.

I'd still return it and have the 32GB sent to me. It's really easy to find a temporary phone that won't cost a lot. You can always just get a little flip phone to use for now and you'll always have a back up too.

Only reason why I think you should go this route is because you're going to keep this device for quite a while.... Right?

○?●?Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.?●?○

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I always thought 16gb was enough. Ive only run into the you can't update because you don't have enough space once but that was enough. I finally got an opportunity to get a larger size iPhone.. I went to Verizon looking for a 16..MAYBE 32.. I came out with a 64gb and man I'm happy. I have a 16gb iPad mini and I'm seriously considering trading up to a 32gb. My music alone takes up almost 9gb. Then you've got apps on top of that lol. In other words if you can still do it. Go for that 32gb! And someone mentioned before larger storage makes for better resale!

mjschabow

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I think it's all about if you use iTunes match or not. Using iTunes match I have no songs downloaded to my iPhone and still have about 9gb of space left.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro