How's your iPhone holding up?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering, how has your 5S held up cosmetically since you got it? Any scratches, cracks or anything?

Personally, I went 3 months without a case, dropped it and dented the top right of the phone. I now have an Otterbox on it. I'm too scared of doing something worse, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just fine! It's the first of the iPhones that I've strictly kept in a case, so there are absolutely no scuffs, scratches are marks on it, even the Apple logo which always inevitably got some kind of mark over the time I owned them.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got this tiny knick and no idea how it occurred. I'm honestly thinking one of my cases caused it during removal.

I've heard the are ways to "File it down" or something to make it less visible? Anyone know about this?

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like NEW, no scratches, dents or nicks, always in some kinda case.

Dude, c'mon...You're a Marine. At least put a couple of war wounds on it...lol..You know we specialize in tearing stuff up....(laughing)...ooh-rah!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've got this tiny knick and no idea how it occurred. I'm honestly thinking one of my cases caused it during removal.

I've heard the are ways to "File it down" or something to make it less visible? Anyone know about this?

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

I don't recommend trying to file it down.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Gah, you're all more fortunate than i am. Wish I could say the same for my phone. It's quite embarrassing to get my phone repaired just for a little indent on the chamfer.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I ALWAYS keep a case and tempered glass screen protector on both my 5s' so they're holding up quite beautifully, actually, just like brand new. (that makes me happy inside 😇)

via the tablet

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Suggestions then? I'd heard someone say something about a jeweler...

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

Be very very careful. It may not be worth trying to "repair" it for fear of it being made worse. One of the my only complaints about the 5/5s is the softness of the aluminium. I feel like its not the same tough grade as that used on the MacBooks, but a bit softer, and to me that's a shame.

via the tablet

gusmetropolo

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I have used a Speck Candyshell case on my silver 5s and two weeks ago I started to go naked. Wow. Not a single scratch, have never dropped it. I like the naked feel and appreciate all the effort apple has put into this.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a scratch on the top right back facing corner bezel. But aside from that none. My screen is pristine.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

moongooseryan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I just took mine out of its case to give it a bit if a polishing. Needless to say, it was looking great! No scuffs, scratches or any of the sort.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
photo 2 (1).JPG
I don't know, am I exaggerating the severity of the dent? I don't really always notice it, but when I do I'm pretty upset haha.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2